• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CTMod 3.80 (04/06/13)

Okay, so how approximately how long should it take to boot once I've disabled internal/data? Because I left my phone on overnight, so it's been on the KoumaKernal boot screen for about 8 hours now. I completely wiped the phone, installed CTmod 3.68 with SDparter. I partioned the SD card correctly, set KoumaMod to Data and checked the "disable internal/data" box.

Upvote 0
Okay, so how approximately how long should it take to boot once I've disabled internal/data? Because I left my phone on overnight, so it's been on the KoumaKernal boot screen for about 8 hours now. I completely wiped the phone, installed CTmod 3.68 with SDparter. I partioned the SD card correctly, set KoumaMod to Data and checked the "disable internal/data" box.

You have to format your sdext if you change modes
Format it before or after I change modes?
Change mode. Boot into recovery. Wipe sdext. reboot.

could take a LONG for first boot, so be patient
(~5-10 min)

Upvote 0
It's alright, mate. Maybe it's something wrong with my SD card or something. Because when I set KM to just data and don't select disable internal, no apps move over and my phone always gives me the internal memory is full message.

But ssm works fine?
What size partitions do you have?

Upvote 0
No, couldn't get SSM to work either. I'm using the stock SD card, so my EXT partion is 512.

How did you make the partition? cwm, through terminal, kouma's new app, some other software?
Is the partition formatted to ext4?

in any case i would try first reformatting/partitioning the card.
OF COURSE BACKING UP ANY NEEDED DATA ON YOUR CARD TO PC first. As reformatting will wipe it.

use cwm or kouma's app. Both are very easy.

Upvote 0
How did you make the partition? cwm, through terminal, kouma's new app, some other software?
Is the partition formatted to ext4?

in any case i would try first reformatting/partitioning the card.
OF COURSE BACKING UP ANY NEEDED DATA ON YOUR CARD TO PC first. As reformatting will wipe it.

use cwm or kouma's app. Both are very easy.

Haha, mate I've been at this for months. I've tried using CWM and Kouma's app.

Upvote 0
Hi was wondering if anyone could help with a problem? I added a few things back that were removed after flashing CT Mod and everthing worked but had issues with the voice search in the google search bar crashing. Googled it and found out that its attached to Browser 2.3.6 so I added the Browser.apk and now the voice search functions but immediatly the browser crashes and has to force close. error code is : The application Browser (process com.android.browser) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. I'm assuming that the browser process is crashing because it depends on another process to run and for the life of me cant figure out what I need to get the browser to function, and without it I can't use the voice search and I really like it. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all

Upvote 0
This is about as easy as it gets to add removed apps back to /system/app

➯ Download this: ApkInstaller.zip
➯ Open it using 7zip
➯ Drag and drop the apk's you need to the system/app folder in the zip
➯ Put ApkInstaller.zip on your sdcard
➯ Boot into CWM and flash it
➯ Thats it

Just being on the safe side "Boot into CWM and flash it" how exactly am I flashing this? Do I "install zip from sdcard? New to all this and don't want to make some stupid mistake. Thanks for all the help...:)

Upvote 0
Just being on the safe side "Boot into CWM and flash it" how exactly am I flashing this? Do I "install zip from sdcard? New to all this and don't want to make some stupid mistake. Thanks for all the help...:)

Yup :) install zip from sd... Choose zip from sd... Select file, select yes

Upvote 0
Ok, I done the install just like it said and Swype didn't come back. Is there something I'm missing or didn't do correctly? I got used to the Swype thing and I would like to have it back..... :eek:

why don't you get Swype beta? IMHO it's WAY better than the one that came with the phone...

but if your heart is set on the one that came with the phone, what did you do to install it?
You should
-open apkinstaler.zip as archive (7zip)
-open the system folder
-open the app folder
-copy the Swype.apk from the removedapps.zip into the system folder (drag and drop)
-select yes to confirm copy (may be hidden behind 7zip window)
-close archive
-place on sd
-flash in cwm
-wipe dalvik (optional)
-reboot

Upvote 0
why don't you get Swype beta? IMHO it's WAY better than the one that came with the phone...

but if your heart is set on the one that came with the phone, what did you do to install it?
You should
-open apkinstaler.zip as archive (7zip)
-open the system folder
-open the app folder
-copy the Swype.apk from the removedapps.zip into the system folder (drag and drop)
-select yes to confirm copy (may be hidden behind 7zip window)
-close archive
-place on sd
-flash in cwm
-wipe dalvik (optional)
-reboot

I done all that and come to find out when I go to manage apps Swype is there under "All" but its not coming up when i hit "Messaging" I don't know maybe I don't have something set right. I'm thinking about starting all over from scratch and deleting everything. I can put all my contacts back in manually and I didn't really have pics on there that I just had to have.....:(

Upvote 0
I done all that and come to find out when I go to manage apps Swype is there under "All" but its not coming up when i hit "Messaging" I don't know maybe I don't have something set right. I'm thinking about starting all over from scratch and deleting everything. I can put all my contacts back in manually and I didn't really have pics on there that I just had to have.....:(

Long press the message box (where you would press to start typing a message), select input method, select Swype?

Upvote 0
Could someone please check if the compass is working on the new 3.68? I described the problem in detail in this post. Basically, the compass should point in the right direction and should stay pointed there when moving the phone around.

gBSj5ZiN8DWhQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
H4t89gPB4Hg0GpVAogl8tRhBB8AJ5GUdTj8Viv14VCYTgcfgNGvHW4QiQY5wAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
Movie/Game Info Tooltip

Setup | Check for update | Search | Arrows | PictureSave tooltip position for this website (androidforums.com)
- Vertical : Top | Bottom | Auto
- Horizontal : Left | Right | Auto
454 saved data (Delete)

SH8ZxMJgDQaDRGoxFBEAAgIfnwMW63m8vlwjAsFouJtz0j+fAla7Wa+IaySD6YLRZLNBr9Ccl7fQGfFZeh9rXygAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==
Pbyn4BkZQk2LT0N0FAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

The compass has been weird since 3.0 and I haven't been able to get it fixed yet. If I do you'll see it in the change log.

Upvote 0
chrome app.....

in titanium I got backup of chrome 2.6.6 but goomanager gives me 2.6.2

no clue where I got 2.6.6 from

did you make version from that build then go back?

I'm assuming the 2.6.2 from goomanager is current version and 2.6.6 is old blooper....

2.6.6 is in CT 3.68. I haven't uploaded it to goo yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones