• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CTMod 3.80 (04/07/13)

Got CtMod? If not you should at least try it before knocking it! Runs Great, it has everything you need, & you can theme with UOT Kitchen!

Can sum1 post more screen shots, wanna try this rom out but kinda wanna see how it looks first
I would post some for you, but my phone doesn't look like it would with stock CTMod. I've themed mine already, just for my preferences. But that is the beauty of it, you can change it to look like whatever you want! My advice is to Make A Backup so if you don't like it you can go back to whatever you had running before. I've run every rom there is & was for this phone! I used to change Roms every few days to a week till I installed this one. Sometimes you need a change of Roms so you don't get bored. As long as you have a backup, what's there to lose? As for me I'm sticking to This Rom till I get a new phone which probably won't be till summer!

So in your opinion do you think this rom better then megatron?
To me, they are both equally great Roms, built by great, hard-working Developers! This phone would be nothing without them! I've never had any problems with either Rom. Now with that out of the way, you were asking my opinion of which was better. No Offense to anybody but for "My Phone & My Preference" I say CtMod is Better! Did everybody read that? I repeat "My Phone & Preference". I'm in no way trying to impose this or any other rom on anybody, but I Like CtMod Better! It runs quick, smooth, has all the features I need, I can Theme it with UOT, & it has clocked Higher than MegaTron, Slayer72 can vouch for that!).

Look, just like everybody's phone is different in how it handles a rom, so are everybody's taste in how they would like a rom to work. My phone works better with this Rom! What works for me might not work well for you & vice-versa. I'm just trying to get the message out that everyone who hasn't tried this rom should at least try it & stop being scared about anything they might not like! You won't know unless you try!

One more thing I'd like to say is & its for anyone that's still stuck on one rom...This phone has pretty much run its course. There's basically nothing left to discover, so why stay with one rom when you could always try this one or maybe another, before they're all gone, or sadly along with the only Devs we have left! They aren't here forever people.

Vmed are you using Boost or Sprint?
I have a Boost phone, but my my time just ended with them yesterday. I no longer have my phone active. I'm just going to use it on Wifi from this point forward. I'll go back to using the Google Voice & Groove Ip Combo, it works good when I need it! For emergencies I have a basic Tracfone that has perfect reception. Lmao! Boost service always sucked for me since I got this phone back in Dec. 2011. The data speeds were terrible, & the reception wasn't great either. It never changed with Any Rom, & I've tried them all! As some would say, I kept up the good fight as long as I could Lol, but I've had enough.

Now I'm just trying to pay off some bills before getting a new phone. I'm most likely going with T-Mobile's $30 plan, hopefully next month but most likely in June. I've had enough of Boost. Not really sure on what phone yet, but I'll figure that out when the time comes. For now you guys are stuck with me a little while longer Lol! Sorry if it seems like I'm ranting every now & then, I wasn't trying to come down on anyone, I'm just stressed out with personal things going on. Keep having fun with the phone it is a gr8 phone, & have a great day guys!

Cool I haven't tried this rom since the update I'll have try it out when I get time. I've been bouncing back and forth between megatron and my modified stock rom.

When I try to set a password or pin I get a process com.android.settings force close. Patern lock works though. The rom runs nice and smooth. So far I like it.

The reasson some of ud r rebooting into dowload mod i because I found this in the
Metafile in com/android,

post-build=samsung/full_prevail/prevail:2.3.5/GINGERBREAD/eng.vaccar.20110922.073456:eng/test-keys
post-timestamp=0
pre-device=prevail

and this file is the same thing that was in the prevail... so
I changed the name of the phone in that file to Transfor ultra and re ziped it,
And it works just fine and does not reboot or over heats like it did. So blood you might
Want to change andthing that has the prevail's name in it, because the older version
For this phone, didn't have anthing about the prevail in it. So.... ;)

The reasson some of ud r rebooting into dowload mod i because I found this in the
Metafile in com/android,

post-build=samsung/full_prevail/prevail:2.3.5/GINGERBREAD/eng.vaccar.20110922.073456:eng/test-keys
post-timestamp=0
pre-device=prevail

and this file is the same thing that was in the prevail... so
I changed the name of the phone in that file to Transfor ultra and re ziped it,
And it works just fine and does not reboot or over heats like it did. So blood you might
Want to change andthing that has the prevail's name in it, because the older version
For this phone, didn't have anthing about the prevail in it. So.... ;)

nobody else has reported any issues with the phone rebooting. and that file doesn't do anything lol.

Well if it dosen't do anything, then how come my phone rebooted when it over heated.. But when i changed the name back to Transform Ultra it don't over heat or reboot anymore... Explain that one.....

And yes two people have reported it, so if you open you eyes and read the other post, you will see them..

Android4250,

Well if it dosen't do anything, then how come my phone rebooted when it over heated.. But when i changed the name back to Transform Ultra it don't over heat or reboot anymore... Explain that one.....

And yes two people have reported it, so if you open you eyes and read the other post, you will see them..

Android4250,

listen bro, if only 2 people out of 400 have had it happen, its not a bug. also, a rom will never make a phone overheat. you either used your phone for a long ass time and it just got hot, you have a hardware issue or you overclocked higher than your phone can handle.

and that file doesn't have a single thing to do with the rom itself. it is only a part of the zip's signature used to verify it before flashing. it is never copied to your system and it doesn't control anything that happens or gets changed. in fact its not even required, I just didn't remove it.

hey guys i just installed pretty impressive....however i can't connect to wifi it just goes back and forth between scanning obtaining ip no connection. also in play store cant dload anything just stays at dload bar on status

hey guys i just installed pretty impressive....however i can't connect to wifi it just goes back and forth between scanning obtaining ip no connection. also in play store cant dload anything just stays at dload bar on status

Unplug your router and modem for 60 secs then plug them back in and reboot the phone.

The fix worked...responding from phone.... thanks for quick response....never would figured that was issue

Great job on CTMod. It does everything so smooth. Although there is one issue I'm having. When setting alert tones/ringtones for apps or attempting to play music, I get a "sound cannot be played" message sometimes. This can make receiving messages/calls/etc a bit weird as the sound won't play. Any recommendations?

Great job on CTMod. It does everything so smooth. Although there is one issue I'm having. When setting alert tones/ringtones for apps or attempting to play music, I get a "sound cannot be played" message sometimes. This can make receiving messages/calls/etc a bit weird as the sound won't play. Any recommendations?

There's a media app called WinAmp. If it's not already included with the ROM, search for it in the Play store and install it. Play at least one sound file with it (preferrably one that's giving you trouble), and that should reduce or eliminate your issue. If not, log back in to CWM, wipe everything you can find (data, cache, dalvik, etc.), and re-install the ROM.

Good luck :)

winamp nice ! did know android had that. thanks xaelith btw you know of vlc for droid...all app store is remote it....

Blooddawn wanted to say wasnt being dismissive of your solution with my response just more never heard of that with phones know that fix for pcs and xbox..... thanks again for help...

Also got rom all set up ...awesome rom very smooth running and looking.... loving it

Bloodawn, I just installed 3.80 and I find it to be great. So far, the only thing I'm having trouble with is adding bookmarks to my home screen, most likely due to the removal of the stock browser. Although it has a fatal flaw (on my phone, at least, I have to clear the cache weekly to avoid a ten second hang-up when loading a page). It's there any way to put shortcuts on the home screen with the new browser?

Bloodawn, I just installed 3.80 and I find it to be great. So far, the only thing I'm having trouble with is adding bookmarks to my home screen, most likely due to the removal of the stock browser. Although it has a fatal flaw (on my phone, at least, I have to clear the cache weekly to avoid a ten second hang-up when loading a page). It's there any way to put shortcuts on the home screen with the new browser?

That's just how Lightning is right now. You'll have to install a different browser from the play store if you want to do that.

Back
Top Bottom