• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CTMod 3.80 (04/07/13)

LOL! I don't know how many of you will appreciate this, but when I saw that CTMOD 3.70 was out my first reaction was disbelief because I watch CTMOD so closely I couldn't believe I missed the release by a month. I immediately downloaded it, backed up my phone, wiped it and loaded the ROM. Half way into reloading all my apps from play store I realized I was on the CTMOD forum for TU!!!! I have an LG Marquee!! I'm just glad I didn't soft brick my phone!!! HAHAHAHA! Blood, thanks for all your dev work. You know your good when you've got people loading your ROMS without even thinking.

lol thats funny

Version 3.75 Final release
Redid the Power Menu and added Hot Boot
Cleaned build.prop and init.d
Fixed MMS for Boost
Fixed wallpaper scrolling
Fixed Calendar.apk
Redid Mms.apk to fix some bugs
Redid About phone > System update to just show Update PRL and Profile
New wallpaper
New loading bar
New settings layout
New wifi icon
New boot animation
Updated Play store, File explorer, Quickpic and Xperia to newest versions
Replaced Chrome with Boat Browser
Replaced Superuser with SuperSU
Removed a couple useless apps I missed before

Themes for older versions can/will break fixes and new features.
Don't restore apps or data after flashing the rom, if you do don't report any problems you have.
If the camera fails to connect turn the flashlight off and then on, then try the camera.

This will be the last version I release for CTMod. I started this project on October 18, 2011 trying to make the lightest, fastest, most stable ROM I could and I think it is now at the point where I can call it complete.

Thank you to everyone who has donated, helped test and left feedback.

Enjoy.

thanks agian blood also could you make another theme or give us stock theme zip so that we can make our own themes

hey excellent rom but i still have the problem with the player and the ringtones, they start good but after a little while the player says that the track cannot be opened, what can i do to fix this

Hi Blood,

Sounds nice that there is a final release, did this final release also fix the power/battery draining issue? I've been using stock with root for the past couple months and it has been so much better on my battery than this mod. I do enjoy the simplicity and speed of this mod and would love to use it again if the power/battery drain issue has been fixed.

Hi Blood,

Sounds nice that there is a final release, did this final release also fix the power/battery draining issue? I've been using stock with root for the past couple months and it has been so much better on my battery than this mod. I do enjoy the simplicity and speed of this mod and would love to use it again if the power/battery drain issue has been fixed.

Something was probably messed up for you before, CT has never had bad battery life on any phone. There's a lot of things that can cause the battery to drain fast like bad signal strength, certain apps, etc. Or you might of just had a bad flash.

Something was probably messed up for you before, CT has never had bad battery life on any phone. There's a lot of things that can cause the battery to drain fast like bad signal strength, certain apps, etc. Or you might of just had a bad flash.

Hmm I wish I knew what it was then, this happened to two Transform Ultras after installing CT, I even loaded the same apps back on the stock and both phones have been working normally. When you mean bad flash, you mean a bad install of the zip in cwm on both phones? Can you think of any other reasons as to why this could happen to two phones after properly following the instructions?

Another weird example was when CT was installed and if either of the phones were turned OFF but put to charge, the little battery symbol would not show up, instead a dim back light is noticeably only. So I would just wait until the blue LED showed up. But the reason I am mentioning this is when the charging wire is pulled out and the phone is still off, this back light would still stay on and it would kill the battery within the day! So that was the best indicator that there was something wrong with the mod because when I flashed back the stock with root, everything was back to normal.

What do you think about this?

Hmm I wish I knew what it was then, this happened to two Transform Ultras after installing CT, I even loaded the same apps back on the stock and both phones have been working normally. When you mean bad flash, you mean a bad install of the zip in cwm on both phones? Can you think of any other reasons as to why this could happen to two phones after properly following the instructions?

Another weird example was when CT was installed and if either of the phones were turned OFF but put to charge, the little battery symbol would not show up, instead a dim back light is noticeably only. So I would just wait until the blue LED showed up. But the reason I am mentioning this is when the charging wire is pulled out and the phone is still off, this back light would still stay on and it would kill the battery within the day! So that was the best indicator that there was something wrong with the mod because when I flashed back the stock with root, everything was back to normal.

i had bad battery life as well

There's no battery image because I deleted them from the rom, not many people have their phones off when they charge them. And I don't know why you're screen would stay after being unplugged but turn on the phone and the problems solved.

As for anything else, none of you guys have tried 3.75 to see if you still have issues and if you do I don't know why since every other phone is fine. Since this is the final release I'm not going to be doing anything more for it except maybe releasing fixes if there's something that actually needs fixed.

There's no battery image because I deleted them from the rom, not many people have their phones off when they charge them. And I don't know why you're screen would stay after being unplugged but turn on the phone and the problems solved.

As for anything else, none of you guys have tried 3.75 to see if you still have issues and if you do I don't know why since every other phone is fine. Since this is the final release I'm not going to be doing anything more for it except maybe releasing fixes if there's something that actually needs fixed.

Hmm, maybe because my phone died so I had to charge it while it was in the off position ;) And.. obviously turning the phone on didn't solve the problem at the time, hence reinstalling stock with root :p

I'm am sure more than 3 people had this issue but didn't bother to say anything, but being the nice fellow that I am, I figured I could help you out by mentioning it so that way you would perhaps help out and who knows make a flawless mod that could garner more donations.

I asked about this issue for a while now and no one had any clue, so I figured this was an issue with CTMod so since it was never addressed, it was kept at that. Now that 3.75 has come along not too long ago and I happened to notice, I figured I'd ask if the battery problem has been solved, but since you do not know and don't seem to really want to look into it, there is one more option: I will give your final version a shot one of these days, and I will post my result, if the battery issue is still there and your final version could not address the issue, we can say for a fact that your mod ultimately has it's flaws and it would be good to warn people in your OP of this issue if they are considering your Mod. At least it works perfect for you :D

Hmm, maybe because my phone died so I had to charge it while it was in the off position ;) And.. obviously turning the phone on didn't solve the problem at the time, hence reinstalling stock with root :p

I'm am sure more than 3 people had this issue but didn't bother to say anything, but being the nice fellow that I am, I figured I could help you out by mentioning it so that way you would perhaps help out and who knows make a flawless mod that could garner more donations.

I asked about this issue for a while now and no one had any clue, so I figured this was an issue with CTMod so since it was never addressed, it was kept at that. Now that 3.75 has come along not too long ago and I happened to notice, I figured I'd ask if the battery problem has been solved, but since you do not know and don't seem to really want to look into it, there is one more option: I will give your final version a shot one of these days, and I will post my result, if the battery issue is still there and your final version could not address the issue, we can say for a fact that your mod ultimately has it's flaws and it would be good to warn people in your OP of this issue if they are considering your Mod. At least it works perfect for you :D

You know the second you plug the phone in to a charger you can turn it on even when the battery is dead =p

And none of my CT's are flawless and they never will be, they all have their own weird bugs cause each phone does shit differently. I've been doing this for over a year now and I'm tired of it, that's why it's the final release, I figured I would do it to give people something new to mess with if they get bored. Since this phone doesn't have the user base the other phones have and the people that are using the this phone are pretty much all on megatron I don't really care to look into something like battery life when everybody's phone is different.

On the prevail there's always some random person that pops in saying they installed the rom and now their phone only holds a charge for 2 hours, then some other dude posts about how his phone has been on for 3 days with medium usage, but the average users get around 1 and a half days off a charge. Each phone handles shit different and there's nothing I can do about it.

You know the second you plug the phone in to a charger you can turn it on even when the battery is dead =p

And none of my CT's are flawless and they never will be, they all have their own weird bugs cause each phone does shit differently. I've been doing this for over a year now and I'm tired of it, that's why it's the final release, I figured I would do it to give people something new to mess with if they get bored. Since this phone doesn't have the user base the other phones have and the people that are using the this phone are pretty much all on megatron I don't really care to look into something like battery life when everybody's phone is different.

On the prevail there's always some random person that pops in saying they installed the rom and now their phone only holds a charge for 2 hours, then some other dude posts about how his phone has been on for 3 days with medium usage, but the average users get around 1 and a half days off a charge. Each phone handles shit different and there's nothing I can do about it.

i understand man

i downloaded ur rom, installed it and it runs great. Smooth look and speed is good. I did notice a battery drain issue but it wasnt too bad for me. No service on my tu so airplane mode is on all the time. I use wifi only. I generally listen to music and browse the web and the battery issue isnt too bad. Tho i can see how others have an issue with this. So id recommend this rom to people with no service cuz it is not too bad a drain for wifi use only. Thats my opinion. Soo with that said, i love the rom and thank a bunch. Hope to see u return in the future with another great rom

If you've got a Battery Drain Issue with CtMod or any other Rom, maybe you should try Wiping Battery Stats after a full charge, then keep charging phone till after rebooting, & your phone indicater light comes on showing that you are once again fully charged. I did & I have no issues with Battery Drain.
If you don't know how to get there, go into Clockwork Mod, Advanced, Wipe Battery Stats.
I switch between Megatron & CtMod all the time & I've never had an issue!

Thanks again Bloodawn for this Rom, it is very much appreciated!

If you've got a Battery Drain Issue with CtMod or any other Rom, maybe you should try Wiping Battery Stats after a full charge, then keep charging phone till after rebooting, & your phone indicater light comes on showing that you are once again fully charged. I did & I have no issues with Battery Drain.
If you don't know how to get there, go into Clockwork Mod, Advanced, Wipe Battery Stats.
I switch between Megatron & CtMod all the time & I've never had an issue!

Thanks again Bloodawn for this Rom, it is very much appreciated!

Thanks for the tip, but this was talked about several pages ago.

So I installed CTMod final, gotta admit it's tons smoother than the previous versions, totally a big plus. Seemed the improve the battery drain just by a percent, which got me optimistic.

Used app quarantine to freeze the system update process that kept running in the background (that I asked about before that no one could answer), and also google maps and another one of my installed apps that would keep running for no reason, that also improved the battery life a percent.

Overall, the battery problem for 3.75 final seemed only slightly better, but still definitely noticeably worse than stock, but because you've made it so smooth, I figured to try to live with it.

I've been OK for about 2-3 weeks using it, then BAM ram dump mode last night, took battery out, put it back in start it up, seemed normal, then I went to charge it before sleeping, then BAM another ram dump mode, so now it's laying on the ground with the battery out, lol.

I'm not too sure as to what causes ram dumps, but I was wondering if it could be mod related, so I'm definitely going to have to reinstall shit now because of it happening twice.

Back
Top Bottom