• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CTMod 3.80 (04/07/13)

Thanks for the tip, but this was talked about several pages ago.
Your Welcome! The Thanks Button is on the right. It only takes a little effort to Click on it.

As for the Battery issue being "talked about several pages ago", I know! That's not the only time it was talked about! Sometimes it's hard for someone to remember where they've seen a problem or a solution, why not try to help out instead of criticize! I only posted that to help a fellow member in need! That fix should really be stickied for others that aren't aware of it. Plenty of the questions in the Transform Ultra Forum have been asked & answered repeatedly in just about every Thread there is for this phone, & there are lots of them! But it doesn't mean they can't be answered again!

Oh yeah sorry about your phone, but it's not the Rom or the Kernel. That Kernel is running in two different Roms & I haven't had or read about any complaints in either one of them. So either you have a bad app in yours, or your phone is junk. It happens!

Upvote 0
Your Welcome! The Thanks Button is on the right. It only takes a little effort to Click on it.

As for the Battery issue being "talked about several pages ago", I know! That's not the only time it was talked about! Sometimes it's hard for someone to remember where they've seen a problem or a solution, why not try to help out instead of criticize! I only posted that to help a fellow member in need! That fix should really be stickied for others that aren't aware of it. Plenty of the questions in the Transform Ultra Forum have been asked & answered repeatedly in just about every Thread there is for this phone, & there are lots of them! But it doesn't mean they can't be answered again!

Oh yeah sorry about your phone, but it's not the Rom or the Kernel. That Kernel is running in two different Roms & I haven't had or read about any complaints in either one of them. So either you have a bad app in yours, or your phone is junk. It happens!

No offense, but the point was that I asked this earlier myself on this thread and the same answer was given. As far as it being stickied, I would agree.

Anyways...From what I understand this particular kernel has been modified for ctmod 3.75 by bloodawn himself, does that mean that this new bloodawn modified version of bobzhomes kernel is being used in every single transform ultra mod already?

As far as bad apps go, do you know which particular ones are known to cause this issue?

I happen to be trying out another rom on my junk at the moment, and there seems to be no ram dump problems and the battery drain is actually 15% better.

Hope that helps anyone that is interested. :smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
I've been using that same kernel in Ultra rom for the past week, no problems either. I've also tried it in Stock 2.3.4 & Stock 2.3.6...no problems. Sorry that I mentioned other roms in Bloodawn's thread but it just proves there's nothing wrong with the Kernel! Yes, it works with more roms. I believe Blood just "cleaned it up" (removed more CIQ from the kernel).

As far as bad apps go... read through the forums & you'll come across something, they're usually games.

Battery life is usually better with these roms if you put some color in them. Ctmod comes Blk/Wht & Megatron comes with a lil of everything. This rom I'm on now has plenty of color & I find it to use less Battery than Megatron! I'm not promoting anything, I'm just saying not every phone acts the same way! I'm glad my phone doesn't suck! Lmfao!

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm seeing that too, I'm glad I'm trying a different one out and getting better results so I can be at peace finally, lol.

My bad for the rom name dropping, slipped my mind, I edited both posts out to remove em'.

Phone works great now!

Battery life is usually better with these roms if you put some color in them. Ctmod comes Blk/Wht & Megatron comes with a lil of everything. This rom I'm on now has plenty of color & I find it to use less Battery than Megatron! I'm not promoting anything, I'm just saying not every phone acts the same way!

The suggestion of using different themes is just a joke, right? Or has it been known to change something for the better? Because I think I read it before in some posts a while back.:thinking:

Upvote 0
No, no joke. Try for yourself! Try a regular white/black theme for a day or more & try out a theme that has plenty of color, not just a few things colored, & with a dark wallpaper for the same amount of time, you will see a difference! It works for me on every Rom! I'm not sure if I picked up that tip in these forums or at XDA.

Experimentation is key what works for you might not work for me & vice versa!

Reactions: anaconda691
Upvote 0
No, no joke. Try for yourself! Try a regular white/black theme for a day or more & try out a theme that has plenty of color, not just a few things colored, & with a dark wallpaper for the same amount of time, you will see a difference! It works for me on every Rom! I'm not sure if I picked up that tip in these forums or at XDA.

Experimentation is key what works for you might not work for me & vice versa!

I can vouch for this too. I think it's because white is brighter and each pixel uses more power to create white. Not a lot.. but using a theme with lots of red or blue seems to help on battery life. Maybe that's why Google made lots of ICS blue.

Upvote 0
That makes sense, nice explanation. In the case with ctmod, the default theme has mostly black (with ultra thin white lines) and that should use very little then.

Man, I remember when I used ctmod for the prevail, it made that phone so conservative on energy. I would turn off 3G when I didn't have to use it, and if I didn't receive any calls for a while, it barely used any freaken battery power. I was able to keep that thing on for days without charging (maybe a week at some point if I remember correctly), it was awesome. But sadly the prevail just gets annoying to use after a while, that's why I switched to a TU when a good deal came out.

I'll probably stick to this phone for a while then eventually get a true LTE based phone because sprint/boost is supposed to be rolling that out sometime soon.

Upvote 0
Version 3.80
Fixed SystemUI bugs (so it works with UOT)
Fixed charging images when the phone is off
Removed Voltage Control, Boat Browser, Stock Clock and SuperSU
Added Lightning Browser, MiClock and CWM Superuser
Rebuilt CTSettings (fixed some bugs and added CPU/I/O Control to it)
Updated gapps (fixed YouTube issues)
Updated File Explorer and QuickPic
Updated Busybox
Updated some of the theme
Updated the lockscreen a little
Updated font
New Settings layout
New boot and shutdown animation
Ported swipe to clear for notifications
Ported DSPManager from CM7
Ported animations from JB 4.2.2
Cleaned build.prop and init scripts
Performance and stability improvements

Like always, themes not made for this release will break fixes/changes and restore data/app's at your own risk. If you do either of these and have any problems don't come here posting about it lol.

If you don't like the new browser feel free to just delete Lightning.apk from /system/app and install whatever you want from play.

Upvote 0
I'm really happy with the update! It runs smooth & quick! I like the new settings layout, especially with the kernel options integrated. Battery life for me is even better than before! I'm also happy that it works with UOT, now I can change my theme colors anytime. Ok I like everything about it! I'm a big fan! Thanks so much Blood! You Da Man!!:D

Reactions: Bloodawn
Upvote 0
Ever since the recent update the system keeps restarting itself for no apparent reason as if I were to reboot the phone. Any idea why that might be?
Did you by chance use apps from another Rom? Or restored apps with data with TB? That's a no no! Or maybe you didn't Wipe Cache, & Dalvik Cache before you installed the Rom. Either way I would try to reinstall it, you would be better off to start off fresh! I've been running it for a few days now with no problems!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones