• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CTMod 3.80 (04/07/13)

Zintus - Your welcome to try my way of installing a rom assuring a clean install nine out of ten times.

Install:

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Zintus - Your welcome to try my way of installing a rom assuring a clean install nine out of ten times.

Install:

•Copy the zip to your SDCard
•Boot into ClockWorkMod
•Make a backup
•Wipe data/Factory reset
•Wipe cache partition
•Select “advanced” and Wipe Dalvik Cache
•Fix Permission
•Install zip from SDCard
•Reboot System
:thumb:
[/FONT]

The rom installed fine... i just ran into this... blood pm me so i can tell u exactly how i caused this to happen... seems that if i edit a contact it also messes things up...

Wondering if anyone noticing their battery losing charge little quicker since the CTmod installation? I have installed it on two TUs so far, and it seems to be happening to both.

To Bloodawn, the system updates process and service have been running in the background on both phones, is there any way to disable that permanently? I'm thinking that could be draining some of the battery.

(BTW Swype BETA rocks on this phone compared to the prevail, so happy lol :D)

It seems that when using this ROM, my battery drains faster than a drunk drinking a pint of liquor.

In other words, the battery is dying a lot faster than my previous ROM. When I say that, I mean it is VERY noticeable.

Normally, when charged @ 100% on the charger, it'll stay at 100%. However, on this ROM, I've had it charged all night and just woke up. Checked out the phone and to my surprise, it kept changing between "100%" (Which I could not visually see, I am guessing because of the margin of the number) and 99% over and over. When I make a call that lasts roughly 5 minutes, the battery drops around 4%. It's insane...

I truly love this ROM but I cannot have my battery dying on me if I make a few calls out of the day.

Did you wipe the battery stats

How would I go about doing that?

Now there's a new issue. com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. This occurred randomly. I have no apps installed except the ones that came with the ROM. Note: I am using Boost.

EDIT: It seems to now be occurring whenever I end a call that I made and that call is NOT logged into my call log.

great rom thanks installed set dns but it flashes set dns has been given root access every ten sec till i removed it but i think that's on set dns's end to bad i really like set dns

Yes, set dns will do that everytime it makes a new connection so if you are using it and you're on 3g it will flash CONSTANTLY.

Yes, set dns will do that everytime it makes a new connection so if you are using it and you're on 3g it will flash CONSTANTLY.
but it dose not do it on my tweaked out star rom at all. but i am running a old version i never updated on that one. and the version i installed on ct-mod was fresh from the market so it may just be the newer versions that do it idk. well getting off topic. so thanks blood for the ROM

How would I go about doing that?

Now there's a new issue. com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. This occurred randomly. I have no apps installed except the ones that came with the ROM. Note: I am using Boost.

EDIT: It seems to now be occurring whenever I end a call that I made and that call is NOT logged into my call log.

You can get rom toolbox which has a battery stat wipe. Or charge all the way to 100% then go to data/system/battery.bin then delete battery.bin then drain battery to 0 then charge to 100 should work for battery

Still having battery problems on both phones since installing CTMod, it drains way faster than before, i wiped battery stats on both after full charges and drained to 0, still doesn't help. Anyone else also having this problem?

System update process is also running in the background, kill it comes back, is there a way to permanently turn that off without causing issues?

Oh well, I will try another rom out to see if it improves the situation, I'll let you guys know just in case anyone else is having this problem.

I could really use some help. I love everything about this ROM except for one thing. When I open the messaging app, all my contact threads have this big ugly red triangle with a black exclamation point in the background and it bugs me to no end! How do I get rid of this? Please help somebody!

I could really use some help. I love everything about this ROM except for one thing. When I open the messaging app, all my contact threads have this big ugly red triangle with a black exclamation point in the background and it bugs me to no end! How do I get rid of this? Please help somebody!

I looked around for that image in the rom.... so far i cant find it. when i do I'll do my best to modify it and post an flashable zip .

I had the same issue when I first flashed the ROM. I'm not sure what changed, but after about a week, it just sort of fixed itself.

I keep getting installation aborted (status0). Do you think the problem might be that I set SSM?

Wrong phone, nevermind, sorry.

first, i love the mod on my Prevail. . worked perfect using 'CTmod for dummies'. the prob i am having is... my fingers seem to be a lil big for the keyboard, so i use the microphone button to talk a text. well now, the microphone has a red line across it, as to not be available. i kinda need this to work. please help. other than that... love this.

This might be a dumb question but I'm running CT mod 3.68 if I wanna upgrade to this will it work on my prevail and can you tell me how and cause I've only done it by the rooting for dummies post and will I lose everything on my phone?

This might be a dumb question but I'm running CT mod 3.68 if I wanna upgrade to this will it work on my prevail and can you tell me how and cause I've only done it by the rooting for dummies post and will I lose everything on my phone?

No the version of the rom in this thread will not work on the Prevail.

LOL! I don't know how many of you will appreciate this, but when I saw that CTMOD 3.70 was out my first reaction was disbelief because I watch CTMOD so closely I couldn't believe I missed the release by a month. I immediately downloaded it, backed up my phone, wiped it and loaded the ROM. Half way into reloading all my apps from play store I realized I was on the CTMOD forum for TU!!!! I have an LG Marquee!! I'm just glad I didn't soft brick my phone!!! HAHAHAHA! Blood, thanks for all your dev work. You know your good when you've got people loading your ROMS without even thinking.

Back
Top Bottom