• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Eris Lightning 1.0

Thanks Conan! You the man! Lemme know what you find out.

Also still noticing a bit of a lag. I have OC set to 528min 710 max. What are your settings Conan, since they seem to be working for you? Thanks!

I set mine to 710/710 and have performance on. I also put up a version of this rom with Sense removed and OC, Jit enabled, its pretty quick if you can live without sense...its won't be as stable as this one but I have been running it for a while and only had 1 or 2 reboots so its not real bad. you can check it out here if you want....ErisLightningBolt1.0 I'm only posting it over there cause its a pain to have to update 2 threads everytime I update something.

I set mine to 710/710 and have performance on. I also put up a version of this rom with Sense removed and OC, Jit enabled, its pretty quick if you can live without sense...its won't be as stable as this one but I have been running it for a while and only had 1 or 2 reboots so its not real bad. you can check it out here if you want....ErisLightningBolt1.0 I'm only posting it over there cause its a pain to have to update 2 threads everytime I update something.

what exactly is JIT?

Flashing now, I have gone from grdlocks official 21, grdlocks vanilla droid, now to this. I'm not a big fan of not having sense. I can't wait to oc as well. thanks a lot for your fantastic efforts!

update to original post...if you are already running 3.01 i made a no wipe update to go to 3.02 to save people some trouble. see original post...

update to original post...if you are already running 3.01 i made a no wipe update to go to 3.02 to save people some trouble. see original post...

Maybe most of you do this automatically...
But do a NAND buckup before applying this guys. I flashed this update and jacked up the OC... and went into a vicious power cycling mode... lol.

I've noticed that I can't see my sd on my computer anymore. Any ideas?

EDIT: I found that turning off usb debugging solved that issue.

Edit again: I've found that after the 3.02 update, then flashing the circle battery, oc goes back to default 528.

Edit again: I've found that after the 3.02 update, then flashing the circle battery, oc goes back to default 528.

The battery updates should not affect your ability to overclock...I did have a copy of roms posted a separate one for each battery before I made the updates. I am not sure if that is the file you have or not but try downloading the battery update again as it should work correctly.

The battery updates should not affect your ability to overclock...I did have a copy of roms posted a separate one for each battery before I made the updates. I am not sure if that is the file you have or not but try downloading the battery update again as it should work correctly.
I was thinking the same thing conap. ha ha. I couldn't figure it out, but I like the eris battery indicator now so I'm not worried about it. ha ha. AGAIN THANKS! for all your hard work and effort.

I just get an Installation aborted when flashing the zip.

No, it wasn't appds2sd.

Oh well. Not a huge deal. I can install the app. But i really liked having this dialer as the default.

No, it wasn't appds2sd.

Oh well. Not a huge deal. I can install the app. But i really liked having this dialer as the default.

I will see what I can do to make that work for apps2sd.

No, it wasn't appds2sd.

Here you go ReplaceDialer

Use this to go back BacktoHTCDialer

Be sure to make a Nand Backup first.

Edit: I actually did use that dialer when that patch was first put up on here and I really like it except the individual ringtones would not work for me. I would get the same ringtone for everyone no matter what ringtones were set for each contact.

Edit: I actually did use that dialer when that patch was first put up on here and I really like it except the individual ringtones would not work for me. I would get the same ringtone for everyone no matter what ringtones were set for each contact.

That's what happened for me too when flashing the Dialer One zip, none of my individual ringtones worked, so I just decided to go back to the HTC dialer.

OK, i flashed this zip and it worked.
But you are right about the ringtones. Any idea why that is?
Now i have to decide why I like more, the individual ringtones or dialerone... lol...
Tough choice.. Going to keep dialerone installed for a while and see if I miss the ringtones.

OK, i flashed this zip and it worked.
But you are right about the ringtones. Any idea why that is?
Now i have to decide why I like more, the individual ringtones or dialerone... lol...
Tough choice.. Going to keep dialerone installed for a while and see if I miss the ringtones.

I always assumed dialer one just didn't support individual ringtones. If it weren't for that I would still be using it. I have no idea why they don't work with it though.

Do you know if I will have the same problem if I just install DialerOne as an app and not as a replacement dialer?

Ringtones will work if you use DialerOne as an app and not as a replacement dialer. Just hate having to keep the stock dialer, but oh well.

This is by far the best rom ever (imho) fast and stable. I have tried almost all of them and keep coming back to this one. Major props to you.. Great job.

But the only complaint that people are having is the dialer. Is there a way to make a flash that changes the font color on the dialer to white instead of that gray so it will have more contrast and it would be easier to see with sunglasses or in direct sun light?

This is by far the best rom ever (imho) fast and stable. I have tried almost all of them and keep coming back to this one. Major props to you.. Great job.

But the only complaint that people are having is the dialer. Is there a way to make a flash that changes the font color on the dialer to white instead of that gray so it will have more contrast and it would be easier to see with sunglasses or in direct sun light?

Sunlight what good vampire goes in the sunlight lol.....i should be able to put something together for the dialer. I rarely make phone calls on my phone so I don't notice that stuff really so thanks for the feedback and I will get a fix up for that soon.

Back
Top Bottom