• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ROM [GB27] Project X v3.9 {Team Rejectz}(Updated 01/06/14)

just picked up boost SGII (cant go wrong for $180).
In order to root should I odin SXTP_Agat_GB27-v0.3.0.tar ? I can't find any recovery kernels for GC01 on that site.
thanx for any help

use either 0.4.1 of this kernel or 0.5.0 the older versions have issues

Rwilco12's Android Repository - Downloads

scroll down the list on this page to get to them.
Yes, the GB27 one works fine (it is just the build number for the Sprint labeled version of the same ROM as GC01)

If you are thinking of trying Project X, just follow the instructions in the OP for it and you should do fine.

Upvote 0
use either 0.4.1 of this kernel or 0.5.0 the older versions have issues

Rwilco12's Android Repository - Downloads

scroll down the list on this page to get to them.
Yes, the GB27 one works fine (it is just the build number for the Sprint labeled version of the same ROM as GC01)

If you are thinking of trying Project X, just follow the instructions in the OP for it and you should do fine.

Yep, there are links for everything you need on each step and even a noob introduction to flashing if you need it.

Reactions: Titchener17
Upvote 0
So I flashed the recovery kernel v 0.5.0
do I need to flash JB X2 format utility since I'm running stock rooted JB TW (i.e. is my storage already partitioned properly)?

also the op says to "install" EL26, whats the best way to do this? odin, one click or flash from recovery kernel v 0.5.0?

once again thanks for the help, I've been reading the forums but so many options and methods...it gets confusing. In the good old days (way back in 2010) we just booted into recovery and flashed a zip

Upvote 0
So I flashed the recovery kernel v 0.5.0
do I need to flash JB X2 format utility since I'm running stock rooted JB TW (i.e. is my storage already partitioned properly)?

also the op says to "install" EL26, whats the best way to do this? odin, one click or flash from recovery kernel v 0.5.0?

once again thanks for the help, I've been reading the forums but so many options and methods...it gets confusing. In the good old days (way back in 2010) we just booted into recovery and flashed a zip

Once you have downloaded everything to your phone (ROM etc). you can use your existing recovery to flash the zip of EL26 then reboot into recovery (option in the recovery menu) then proceed with the JB format, and ROM flash.

The Format also clears space so Yes, do it.

Upvote 0
Once you have downloaded everything to your phone (ROM etc). you can use your existing recovery to flash the zip of EL26 then reboot into recovery (option in the recovery menu) then proceed with the JB format, and ROM flash.

The Format also clears space so Yes, do it.

I think you mean "reboot recovery".... Just so he doesn't get confused (it's in "Advanced" in recovery). It doesn't matter which one of the options you choose as long as you stick with it. Just pick one way of doing it and don't confuse yourself with alternate methods. The reason it's all messed up and not simple like it used to be is that Samsung packaged the recovery with the kernel, it makes everything a pain in the... You know... For us devs too.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
My Alienated Project X!!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382498977186.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382498977186.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 73
  • uploadfromtaptalk1382499007043.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382499007043.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 70
  • uploadfromtaptalk1382499031338.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382499031338.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 87
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones