• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][MetroPCS & T-Mobile] Katana ROM *Updated 11-16-2015*

Question for anyone. What are the Equalizers in the Optional items to flash? Something with audio I know, but what do they do and are they useful?
they allow you to basically adjust the audio the your perfect liking, or to make the over the audio overall better, this is very useful! the presets are very nice.

Reactions: stinger2k
Upvote 0
recover your back-up you should of made or reflash katana rom .
Waiting fror ROM updates is safer then tinkering with stuff.
It didn't work : (

Attachments

• QuickMemo+_2016-01-27-09-35-56.png
    QuickMemo+_2016-01-27-09-35-56.png
    128.3 KB · Views: 123
  • QuickMemo+_2016-01-27-09-35-36.png
    QuickMemo+_2016-01-27-09-35-36.png
    234.4 KB · Views: 108
  • QuickMemo+_2016-01-27-09-35-49.png
    QuickMemo+_2016-01-27-09-35-49.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 0
You need to flash the framework zip. For it to work ...
((xposed-v75-sdk22-arm.zip))
Just curious if this is something that needs to be done on anyone using xposed on this ROM. I only have Grenify at the moment but was going to add a few modules tonight. I am not having any issues yet but wanted to find out a little more on the update with Xposed. Thanks for your help

Upvote 0
Just curious if this is something that needs to be done on anyone using xposed on this ROM. I only have Grenify at the moment but was going to add a few modules tonight. I am not having any issues yet but wanted to find out a little more on the update with Xposed. Thanks for your help
If i understood your Question..... No you just do this only ones if you make any system(rom) updates... Cust all files n configurations get rewritten to default... Now for any xpose.modulars you just update the modular n reboot to activate that's all... Now if you update the actual xposed.app its not gonna work. Even if you flash arm.framwrk ... Cus the app was modified for us. Hopefully this clear your ?????

Upvote 0
If i understood your Question..... No you just do this only ones if you make any system(rom) updates... Cust all files n configurations get rewritten to default... Now for any xpose.modulars you just update the modular n reboot to activate that's all... Now if you update the actual xposed.app its not gonna work. Even if you flash arm.framwrk ... Cus the app was modified for us. Hopefully this clear your ?????
Yes, you understood what I was asking. LOL I am not going to mess with or update Xposed, just wasn't sure if the modules would stop working on the ver we have baked into the rom. With your help I know the answer is NO. Thanks for the info, I'm learning

Upvote 0
Reactions: oscar75310
Upvote 0

Attachments

• QuickMemo+_2016-01-27-09-35-56.png
    QuickMemo+_2016-01-27-09-35-56.png
    128.3 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0
So I have gone back and forth on this rom and really like it but every time I get a pretty big increase in dropped calls. More then when the phone is un rooted and stock. I have re-flashed and everything goes as expected and all other aspects of the rom are fine. Could be coincidence and know drop call happen on cells but sure seems worse. I read on here or XDA where someone on a Metro ver flashed the t mobile partitions and said it worked and even noticed improvements.
I don't know enough about it so just asking if anyone has any suggestions as I would love to keep the rom but also use my phone for work so I need it as reliable as possible.
Thanks in advanced

Upvote 0
So overnight Xposed updated and says to reboot. I didn't do that yet because I am heading out to work. My question is how should I handle this. Will the update work OK ? If not is there a way to not apply the update since I haven't rebooted?I have a back up so not to worried about it but wanted to see what others have done and since Xposed came in the Rom I'm not sure exactly what to do. At the moment Greenify (only module installed) seems to be working.
Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
So overnight Xposed updated and says to reboot. I didn't do that yet because I am heading out to work. My question is how should I handle this. Will the update work OK ? If not is there a way to not apply the update since I haven't rebooted?I have a back up so not to worried about it but wanted to see what others have done and since Xposed came in the Rom I'm not sure exactly what to do. At the moment Greenify (only module installed) seems to be working.
Thanks in advance
xposed itself should never update, only way to actually update it is by downloading the update from xda and flashing in recovery. You're probably talking about an xposed module, if so yes it is fine to reboot.

Reactions: stinger2k
Upvote 0
xposed itself should never update, only way to actually update it is by downloading the update from xda and flashing in recovery. You're probably talking about an xposed module, if so yes it is fine to reboot.
I didn't take a screen shot but almost certain it said Xposed Frame work updated. If I look at it now it says Xposed framework 75 is active. Didn't say anything about Greenify being updated and that is all I am using at the moment. Will reboot and see.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones