• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Mikfroyo - ALL Versions

So if I understand what you are saying I have to install the black theme with vanilla lockscreen? Or could I just unstall the vanilla lockscreen then flash the black theme without vanilla lockscreen? Thanks

Well, was it the rotary/vanilla lock screen from the mikfroyo thread that you flashed? If so, then you need to either flash the black theme with the vanilla lock screen, or flash the ROM again to get rid of it, then flash the black theme.

Upvote 0
The kernels that I have flash so far I have not been getting good performance. The kernels that I have tried are the netarchy-toastmod kernels. Is there any others that you would recommend?

By performance, do you mean actual performance (is it choppy?), or do you mean battery life? Or both? Did you try HAVS/nonHAVS and CFS/BFS combinations? If you don't want netarchy, try ziggy's. Also, have you just tried the stock kernel for a bit? Honestly, it works well for some people.

Upvote 0
hey guys,
so i flashed the latest mikfroyo 4.5 rom and everything is working great. i then flashed chogardjr blue theme and now when i reboot or exit out of an app i get this response:

application htc sense (process "com.htc.launcher)" has stopped unexpectedly, please try again.

it then asks me to force close it. when i force close it, the phone seems fine. is this fixable? it is not really a problem, it is just annoying.

Upvote 0
hey guys,
so i flashed the latest mikfroyo 4.5 rom and everything is working great. i then flashed chogardjr blue theme and now when i reboot or exit out of an app i get this response:

[COLOR="Blue"]application htc sense (process "com.htc.launcher)" has stopped unexpectedly, please try again.[/COLOR]

it then asks me to force close it. when i force close it, the phone seems fine. is this fixable? it is not really a problem, it is just annoying.

Have u been getting this error frequently? Have rebooted ur phone since the error or flashing of the theme?

Upvote 0
hey guys,

application htc sense (process "com.htc.launcher)" has stopped unexpectedly, please try again.

I read over at xda that he is having issues with his theme... about an hour ago someone posted he removed his download until he can fix it. I'm sure he will

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I have a quick question, can I delete the removed apps, ringtones and wallpapers folders from my SD card or should I leave those on. I have backups of them on my computer so I could always put them back if I needed but I would like the space back on my card.

They're only there if you need them back. One backup is fine, and it doesn't matter where you keep it. Feel free to remove it from your sdcard. You can also find them in the actual mikfroyo flashable zip, as well. They had to get extracted from there in the first place.

Upvote 0
Okay now I have one more question, how do I clear the HTC lockscreen so I can get the vanilla lockscreen, also if I clear the HTC screen is there any way to get it back?

On 4.4, you had to flash the vanilla lock screen mod. It looks like he included it in the main ROM this time, but left the HTC lock screen for those who want it. Sounds like you just need to remove the HTC lock screen now. It's /system/app/HtcLockScreen.apk. Just move that somewhere else, or rename the extension to .bak. If you want it back, just change the name back, or put it back in /system/app, depending on how you disabled it. Presumably, the deskclock is already taken care of.

Upvote 0
On 4.4, you had to flash the vanilla lock screen mod. It looks like he included it in the main ROM this time, but left the HTC lock screen for those who want it. Sounds like you just need to remove the HTC lock screen now. It's /system/app/HtcLockScreen.apk. Just move that somewhere else, or rename the extension to .bak. If you want it back, just change the name back, or put it back in /system/app, depending on how you disabled it. Presumably, the deskclock is already taken care of.

Okay so do I just use ES file explorer for that? And no the HTC clock widget still brings you to the HTC clock but he included the vanilla desk clock to use with the lockscreen. Also I use a different clock that will leed to the vanilla clock, I also think you can flash a zip that Mik made that will reroute the HTC clock to where ever you want so you can change it to the vanilla version.

Upvote 0
Okay so do I just use ES file explorer for that? And no the HTC clock widget still brings you to the HTC clock but he included the vanilla desk clock to use with the lockscreen. Also I use a different clock that will leed to the vanilla clock, I also think you can flash a zip that Mik made that will reroute the HTC clock to where ever you want so you can change it to the vanilla version.

Got it; so he just included both. Makes sense. Yes, I saw that separate clock you can flash to repoint to the AOSP clock. Anyway, if you can use ES in root mode, then it should work, but I'm not sure if ES has an option to remount /system as rw. I know root explorer would work. The terminal emulator would as well. Assuming the ES root mode works, then just browse to /system/app, find the HTC lockscreen, then move it to the sdcard (in case you want to copy it back later) or just rename it with a .bak extension. Once you reboot, you should have the vanilla lock screen.

Upvote 0
I'll just go download root explorer if thats what you would recommend, I don't really know exactly how to use TE. Also thanks for the help and I do want to keep it just incase I don't like the vanilla lockscreen.

EDIT: wait root explorer isn't free so I may just try and see if ES works

EDIT 2: ES works I just changed the label from apk to bak

Upvote 0
I'll just go download root explorer if thats what you would recommend, I don't really know exactly how to use TE. Also thanks for the help and I do want to keep it just incase I don't like the vanilla lockscreen.

EDIT: wait root explorer isn't free so I may just try and see if ES works

EDIT 2: ES works I just changed the label from apk to bak

Great :). So you got the vanilla lock screen after rebooting, correct?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones