• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Mikfroyo - ALL Versions

Why was the 4G button removed from the task bar in 4.5? :thinking:

perhaps because it has a bug in 4.4. turning it on works but turning it off does not really turn it off. you have to go to settings ... enable it and then turn it off again to really turn it off then do a reboot. if you don't do this it will still try to connect in the background.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know how to install the optimized version of Launcher Pro for this rom? This is what it says:

Optimized Version of LP:

this is the free version off the market and it has been speed up and cleaned up.
Please note that u must uninstall existing versions and push this file into /system/app using adb and/or any other method u know of.

com.fede.launcher.apk

Now what I tried is moving the file from my sd card to system/app using Root Explorer and pasting it there. Then tried to run the file and install it and all I ever get is a red icon notification saying "Application Not Installed"

Any help??

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Why was the 4G button removed from the task bar in 4.5? :thinking:

perhaps because it has a bug in 4.4. turning it on works but turning it off does not really turn it off. you have to go to settings ... enable it and then turn it off again to really turn it off then do a reboot. if you don't do this it will still try to connect in the background.

That is likely the case. It's pretty easy to add back if you want it. You need to add it to a file called widget.txt, and put it in /system/customize. Read this:

[MOD][PORT][4G toggle] Notification Menu Power Control Widgets for Sense - 3.70 OTA - xda-developers

Does anyone know how to install the optimized version of Launcher Pro for this rom? This is what it says:

Optimized Version of LP:

this is the free version off the market and it has been speed up and cleaned up.
Please note that u must uninstall existing versions and push this file into /system/app using adb and/or any other method u know of.

com.fede.launcher.apk

Now what I tried is moving the file from my sd card to system/app using Root Explorer and pasting it there. Then tried to run the file and install it and all I ever get is a red icon notification saying "Application Not Installed"

Any help??

Thanks.

These are the general steps, which you will have to do slightly different since you've already done some stuff:

1) Make a backup of Launcherpro settings
2) Uninstall Launcherpro if you had it before. Reboot.
3) Using whatever method you want, push the Launcherpro apk to /system/app. Do not run the file. Reboot.
4) You will then be able to select Launcherpro.

Basically, you do one or the other. You either install an apk by putting it on your sdcard, then running it. That will copy it to /data/app. If you push it /system/app, that *is* installing it, just to /system/app rather than /data/app. You're trying to do too many steps :).

Upvote 0
Damn! I just gave 4.5 a try and so far it is pretty damn quick. I am not as big a fan of the themes available (I like Myn's look a lot better), but it certainly is quicker. I will take a few days to see if I really like using it better than Myn's, but so far it I dig it. I tried the Flat Black/Red theme and I like the colors, but it looks funny on some of the writing/widgets, so I might go back to the regular look.

Upvote 0
Damn! I just gave 4.5 a try and so far it is pretty damn quick. I am not as big a fan of the themes available (I like Myn's look a lot better), but it certainly is quicker. I will take a few days to see if I really like using it better than Myn's, but so far it I dig it. I tried the Flat Black/Red theme and I like the colors, but it looks funny on some of the writing/widgets, so I might go back to the regular look.

The exact same way I felt when first flashing Mik's for the first time (4.2)! Right now I'm trying out koni-elite which has all the optimizations of Mik's, but like I said, I'm giving it a try :p and will more than likely flash Mik's 4.5 this weekend.

I'm not a big fan of Mik's theming, but *did* like using Matted Blues with it.

Upvote 0
Where are you guys getting Mik's 4.5 at? I cannot find it anywhere. 4.4 is the only thing listed at xda and I'm already running that version.

In addition to the (direct) MediaFire link provided above by andygu3 you might want to subscribe to this thread over at xda. Though Mik has indicated he might be starting his own website somewhere soon there's a ton of info there AND, if/when he moves, you will know where! :)

Reactions: QuickDraw
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Anybody have a problem shutting off the phone and then turning it back on again using Mikfroyo v4.5? This problem is happening on 2 phones now, mine and my roommates. Turn it off, turn it back on & it goes into the white htc EVO 4 screen. It just stays on that screen (waited about 10min). Have to pull the battery, start in HBOOT, get into Clockwork Mod and wipe cache's then reboot. While the phone is working, there isn't a single issue. I don't know what the problem is?

Upvote 0
Anybody have a problem shutting off the phone and then turning it back on again using Mikfroyo v4.5? This problem is happening on 2 phones now, mine and my roommates. Turn it off, turn it back on & it goes into the white htc EVO 4 screen. It just stays on that screen (waited about 10min). Have to pull the battery, start in HBOOT, get into Clockwork Mod and wipe cache's then reboot. While the phone is working, there isn't a single issue. I don't know what the problem is?

What all did you wipe when you flashed the new version? This happened to some one I know except theres finally started up but then their wifi wouldn't work. They fixed it by restoring backup of 4.4 then going into recovery and wiping data, cache, and dalvik.

Upvote 0
What all did you wipe when you flashed the new version? This happened to some one I know except theres finally started up but then their wifi wouldn't work. They fixed it by restoring backup of 4.4 then going into recovery and wiping data, cache, and dalvik.

This was the 1st ROM flash since stock. I wiped data, partition cache, and dalvik. Then flashed the 4.5 ROM. My WiFi & everything else works.

Upvote 0
Both phones were brand new with all the stock apps so I made a NAND backup and followed all the steps in the "ROOT for beginners" thread. I didn't backup/restore any of those using Titanium Backup or any other app. I did flash another kernel, Netarchy-toastmod-4.3.2-cfs-nosbc-havs-more. That's about all I've done so far, minus downloading a few apps.

Upvote 0
Both phones were brand new with all the stock apps so I made a NAND backup and followed all the steps in the "ROOT for beginners" thread. I didn't backup/restore any of those using Titanium Backup or any other app. I did flash another kernel, Netarchy-toastmod-4.3.2-cfs-nosbc-havs-more. That's about all I've done so far, minus downloading a few apps.

Did this happen right after flash the ROM, or did you not check until after flashing the kernel/installing apps? My advice - wipe data/cache/dalvik, reflash the ROM, then see if it happens again. If not, flash the kernel, boot up, then do a clean reboot, and see if it gets stuck. What apps did you install?

Upvote 0

We're on to something.....Your phone might be sensitive to aggressive undervolting, a lot of phones are. I would try flashing the same kernel w/ less aggressive undervolting.

We have to get you fully booted first. Do a full wipe and reflash Mik's 4.5 and see if that gets you out of the boot loop.

EDIT: Akazabam beat me to it yet again!

Upvote 0
Also what could have happened is clockwork may not have done a "complete" wipe doesn't it sometimes have problems with that? You may want to flash Amon_RA recovery, it is usually more reliable. It can be found here (Thanks Akaza for the great thread). I would recommend flashing the RA 2.3 zip, to do this download the PC36IMG_RA_2.3.zip then rename it PC36IMG.zip and be careful not to name it PC36IMG.zip.zip. Now reboot into hboot do this by holding the power and volume down buttons at the same time while the phone is off. When it fully boots into hboot it will scan for an update file and just tell it to install and you are done. If you do do this though you won't be able to use any clockworkmod backups, but this recovery is generally more reliable. Also this is just a suggestion and you don't need to do this but I'm pretty sure a lot of people here would suggest it.

Upvote 0
We're on to something.....Your phone might be sensitive to aggressive undervolting, a lot of phones are. I would try flashing the same kernel w/ less aggressive undervolting.

We have to get you fully booted first. Do a full wipe and reflash Mik's 4.5 and see if that gets you out of the boot loop.

EDIT: Akazabam beat me to it yet again!

No problem and thanks for the help everyone. Just so I'm clear on reflashing over existing kernels because I haven't done that yet. I know I have to make a NAND backup. But do I have to full wipe everything with a kernel, or is that just for flashing a ROM? And what do you recommend for backup of the apps since I haven't done that yet either. Use App List Backup or Ti Backup? I have Ti installed currently and nothing frozen.

Upvote 0
Did this happen right after flash the ROM, or did you not check until after flashing the kernel/installing apps? My advice - wipe data/cache/dalvik, reflash the ROM, then see if it happens again. If not, flash the kernel, boot up, then do a clean reboot, and see if it gets stuck. What apps did you install?

I didn't check until flashing the Kernel. The 1st time this happened I posted in another thread and removed the battery, wiped everything, reflashed ROM/kernel and tried again. I didn't turn my phone off after that until my roommates phone did this after turning his off. The apps I've installed are Ti Backup, SetCPU (no profiles or overclocking), speed test, Live Hold'um, Facebook, real calc, and Aconvert (for work). I don't know what apps he's installed though?

Upvote 0
When you flash a new kernel, you just need to wipe cache/dalvik, but not data. For a fresh start, though, wipe data/cache/dalvik, then reflash the ROM. That will give you the stock kernel. From there, you can flash the kernel without wiping data again. As for apps, titanium backup is, indeed, the best option.

Ok thanks, I thought I was understanding it that way. Just wanted to make sure before going any further. I'll backup my apps, flash the new kernel, and go from there. I can't do this until I get home from work so I'll post when I'm done with all that. Thanks again everyone!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones