• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] - [MikRoms] - [11/23/2011] - MikG v2.61 - Re-Engineered GB Sense 2.1 + 3.0

I'm finding that this rom is one of the more complete roms out there. Hints of Sense 3.0 with the weather and sms. Very nice rom:D Plus, no more display issue now that the official GB rom was released

I was actually downloading this one yesterday but I cancelled it, I believe some folks stated they had WiFi issues and no 4G. I was tempted.

There are few more Roms today but they have quirks like no HDMI etc.... still on the lookout for now.

I was actually downloading this one yesterday but I cancelled it, I believe some folks stated they had WiFi issues and no 4G. I was tempted.

There are few more Roms today but they have quirks like no HDMI etc.... still on the lookout for now.

Download the new kernel from Mik here.

On his site, Mik says, "just like the title... this is the new official gb kernel... it wont break your wifi or wimax like i saw some other say it did.... have fun..."

You're gtg, your wimax and wifi will be intact.

MikG v1.01 is out.

v1.01:
100% Working HTC Hub
Fixed SocialClockWidget (land still buggy... i know.. its not a priority now)
Decompressed most of the apks to save RAM (works nice)
Changed to the new OTA kernel to fix all brightness issues

MikG v1.02 is out now :D!

Change Log

v1.02:
u should notice a speed increase over the whole rom
fixed twitter and friends stream issues
cleaned out more "test" rom and "debug" stuff from some smali and bin/xbin folder
updated some drivers to the one from the ota
updated some etc files and build.prop to the new ota definitions
added wireless-n support for the kernel
replaced htccarpanel with googlecarhome (much nicer)
fixed issue with browser inline text search
added auto rotate widget
fixed rosie restart issues
added back zipalign on boot

His site has been down for a while. I'm using 1.01 and my 4g and wifi are intact. This is a nice GB ROM w/2.1 sense, what many people were looking for in the OTA update, but didn't get.

MikG v1.02 is out now :D!

Change Log

v1.02:
u should notice a speed increase over the whole rom
fixed twitter and friends stream issues
cleaned out more "test" rom and "debug" stuff from some smali and bin/xbin folder
updated some drivers to the one from the ota
updated some etc files and build.prop to the new ota definitions
added wireless-n support for the kernel
replaced htccarpanel with googlecarhome (much nicer)
fixed issue with browser inline text search
added auto rotate widget
fixed rosie restart issues
added back zipalign on boot

Infectedrom.com is a different (and excellent) developer. I haven't seen that he has done anything new over the weekend.

Mike and virus are definitely in my top 5 dev list.. right alongside king

Infectedrom.com is a different (and excellent) developer. I haven't seen that he has done anything new over the weekend.

Mike and virus are definitely in my top 5 dev list.. right alongside king

Kingdom 1.3 just posted on his site this morning. 2.3.3 with Sense 3.0 and supposed to be stable on our phones.

Virus you might have to downgrade your pri to 1.77 so your phone will sleep. It is a flashable zip. Mikg is just wipe and flash.

Man this has been a rather confusing ROM for me. I haven't had a lot of the problems some people have posted about over on XDA, but Sense has restarted a few times and it seems as though my wifi (which is working) is a little slow. It looks like both of those items are listed in the change log as fixes for 1.02. One of the problems I noticed last night is it would take a while for certain apps to open up, i.e. Words With Friends, etc. Also, Spare Parts isn't working when you try to check battery usage...something about GB 2.3 not being compatible.

Back
Top Bottom