• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] - [MikRoms] - [11/23/2011] - MikG v2.61 - Re-Engineered GB Sense 2.1 + 3.0

So with the update only file, I dont have to wipe anything,right? Just flash it like I would a kernal?

I'm on v1.02 still and I have to tell you this ROM is a complete beast. It flies and it made me feel like im holding a brand new phone. He is truly a great developer... I may have to fork up some bucks for him.

Impressions so far: I flashed it last night so I barely had it for more than 12 hours, but camera, 4G, 3D lockscreen and browser works perfectly. Transitioning and the overall speed of the ROM feels great. I'll probably wait a while before flashing his new versions and I highly appreciate the fact that he's pumping out so many updates.

There are several on XDA who have reportedly wiped only cache and dalvik with no issues, but Mik himself suggests full wipes when upgrading. Some people have said that he builds from the ground up on new releases, so that's why it's recommended to do a full wipe.

You could always make a backup, and then if you have any issues, try the full wipe.

I went to the site to download and I'm a bit confused about which to down load....I have Koni's elite right now. There is a developer version, update version...I assume this is fixes to the first release. Am I supposed to download the first rom in that list?? Sorry for the dumb question, I didn't expect to see multiple choices. Thanks so much.
Is the changelog just a list of things he fixed? I know, duh lol
Nevermind, my brain wasn't working right...I realized they are just listing different file share options....over babysat all day, my brain had a meltdown. Lol

I went to the site to download and I'm a bit confused about which to down load....I have Koni's elite right now. There is a developer version, update version...I assume this is fixes to the first release. Am I supposed to download the first rom in that list?? Sorry for the dumb question, I didn't expect to see multiple choices. Thanks so much.
Is the changelog just a list of things he fixed? I know, duh lol

I wondered the same thing and asked the question there. This is the response I got.

theMikMik.com • View topic - Download Links

Holy crap... MikG is f***ing awesome. I just installed 1.03 earlier today and am seriously impressed. THIS is the ROM I've been waiting for, all the 2.3 goodies that HTC/Sprint left out in the official 2.3 OTA update, plus everything works (4G, GPS, VVM, etc.). The updated version of Sense, updated email (non-gmail) client, the new sms client, the lock screen, the pull-down menu w/ "quick settings," no Sprint crapware, the Google Car Home, some added utilities that are actually useful... amazing.

I put my money where my mouth is and just donated some dough on themikmik.com. I'm a Mik convert now... I was using Fresh 3.5.0.1 prior and also tried CM7 (too buggy), but looks like I'll be on MikG for the long haul.

I'm finding that this rom is one of the more complete roms out there. Hints of Sense 3.0 with the weather and sms. Very nice rom:D Plus, no more display issue now that the official GB rom was released

btw thanks so much for posting this up; I'm in love with this ROM. I'd email you a beer if it were possible.

Holy crap... MikG is f***ing awesome. I just installed 1.03 earlier today and am seriously impressed. THIS is the ROM I've been waiting for, all the 2.3 goodies that HTC/Sprint left out in the official 2.3 OTA update, plus everything works (4G, GPS, VVM, etc.). The updated version of Sense, updated email (non-gmail) client, the new sms client, the lock screen, the pull-down menu w/ "quick settings," no Sprint crapware, the Google Car Home, some added utilities that are actually useful... amazing.

I put my money where my mouth is and just donated some dough on themikmik.com. I'm a Mik convert now... I was using Fresh 3.5.0.1 prior and also tried CM7 (too buggy), but looks like I'll be on MikG for the long haul.

I just loaded 1.02 last night so I haven't updated yet, but I have to agree, this ROM is awesome! I love all things Sense he put on here too and the other goodies, like being able to download themes (rings, alerts, wallpapers, etc.) from HTC is brilliant! This is my first custom ROM I've flashed, and I have to agree, I'm with MikG for the long haul too!

^ This.

I've seen comments not only here but on other sites similar to this and it's the one that I think I will try out among all the others out there. I too had FreshEVo since last year and its frustrating that there really hasn't been an update for that rom for the longest amount of time. So instead of waiting, I'm jumping ship to MikG. CM7 while popular, I personally think its a bit overrated, and buggy as well by reading the logs. Besides, overall I do like Sense, but that's only my opinion.

The process I went through for installing Fresh EVO is totally different from what I see for MikG. I just have to take my time and read up on the process. Too bad there isn't a step by step that is easy to follow.

TS out

holy hello...i was coming in to say how much I love this ROM only to find a new version...

sweetness.

Glad he is back..his roms were a little off there for a few months.

good good stuff. running so well that I have not even tried the "kingdom" rom yet

The process I went through for installing Fresh EVO is totally different from what I see for MikG. I just have to take my time and read up on the process. Too bad there isn't a step by step that is easy to follow.

I have ClockworkMod on my phone, so I just:

1. did a backup
2. wiped data
3. wiped dalvik cache
4. flashed MikG

It did have one initial unintended restart at the Sprint boot animation screen, but after that it loaded perfectly and everything's working as advertised.

I have been running 1.02 for a couple days now and while impressed with Mik's work on this and the stuff he put in it, I am a little put off by the battery life. I know it is a stock kernel but since having my Evo(rooted the day after it arrived) I have never had to charge it in the middle of the day til yesterday and now today. 30 minute phone call yesterday afternoon dropped my battery 22% with 3 bars of signal. Don't get me wrong, I love this rom but I think it is back to CM7 and Tiamat where I get almost 2 days on a single charge. When they get the new kernels set up, maybe I will give it a shot again.

I have been running 1.02 for a couple days now and while impressed with Mik's work on this and the stuff he put in it, I am a little put off by the battery life. I know it is a stock kernel but since having my Evo(rooted the day after it arrived) I have never had to charge it in the middle of the day til yesterday and now today. 30 minute phone call yesterday afternoon dropped my battery 22% with 3 bars of signal. Don't get me wrong, I love this rom but I think it is back to CM7 and Tiamat where I get almost 2 days on a single charge. When they get the new kernels set up, maybe I will give it a shot again.

which radio? there are quite a few things that could be at play here. I just flashed last night so I can't really say much about battery life quite yet

which radio? there are quite a few things that could be at play here. I just flashed last night so I can't really say much about battery life quite yet

I stayed with 2.15.00.11.19 til today and gave the new ones a shot today. Thinking of downgrading to 1.77 and flashing the new kingdom while I am at it :) Uh oh, there goes the flash addict again :D

I stayed with 2.15.00.11.19 til today and gave the new ones a shot today. Thinking of downgrading to 1.77 and flashing the new kingdom while I am at it :) Uh oh, there goes the flash addict again :D

right there with ya!

I haven;t had the new radios long enough to decide on battery life. we will see.

1.77 is my radio of choice ...been using that one for months

I just tried to register but got an internal server error once I submitted my info. SO I tried again but it says my username was inactive and to contact admin. WTF?

I just tried to register but got an internal server error once I submitted my info. SO I tried again but it says my username was inactive and to contact admin. WTF?

His site is a bit busy right now....took me a few just to get in to the download links to start the 1.03 download. Check and see if you got an email from the site to verify registering. It might have gone through. The emails take a bit sometimes though

Back
Top Bottom