• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Mobster Rom HD/Lite - 031513

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the old version flashed so I decided just to flash over but it is stuck on the boot animation. Any ideas? (P.S. just to get an idea how do you restore your data ROM-to-ROM?)

EDIT:I restored my data and wiped dalvik and cache and got it working but it said "Android is upgrading" is that normal?

I had the old version flashed so I decided just to flash over but it is stuck on the boot animation. Any ideas? (P.S. just to get an idea how do you restore your data ROM-to-ROM?)

EDIT:I restored my data and wiped dalvik and cache and got it working but it said "Android is upgrading" is that normal?

Anytime dalvik gets wiped you will see that, no worries

This is why all the rom developers and the experienced android flashers always tell people to format all partitions (wipe all the data). When people dirty flash they get errors such as boot loops.

If you want to restore data from rom to rom you need to get an app backup like my backup root.

I decided to wipe all and install this fresh. I am also going to try using the default kernel instead of moving to Buttered Toast. We'll see how long I can last without sweep to wake (I'll probably have to install Buttered Toast this afternoon :p)

I wanted to try this ROM as Mobster intended, so I will do what I can to refrain from touching the kernel. One thing I noticed though, I thought this ROM was supposed to be true dual core. Perhaps I misunderstood what is meant by true dual core...as I have only one core running, and I can't seem to get the second core to activate. Does true dual core mean hotplugging, or full time two cores?

If hotplugging is enabled, what are the default thresholds for the second core to kick in? I am also trying to avoid using Kernel Tuner.

I decided to wipe all and install this fresh. I am also going to try using the default kernel instead of moving to Buttered Toast. We'll see how long I can last without sweep to wake (I'll probably have to install Buttered Toast this afternoon :p)

I wanted to try this ROM as Mobster intended, so I will do what I can to refrain from touching the kernel. One thing I noticed though, I thought this ROM was supposed to be true dual core. Perhaps I misunderstood what is meant by true dual core...as I have only one core running, and I can't seem to get the second core to activate. Does true dual core mean hotplugging, or full time two cores?

If hotplugging is enabled, what are the default thresholds for the second core to kick in? I am also trying to avoid using Kernel Tuner.

Perhaps I should rephrase.
Am I the only one with only one core running? Can someone else check for me and update this thread? With Leedroid Tweaks, under status bar tweaks, carrier label, second carrier label, enable CPU frequency. When you pull down on the status bar now you'll see the freq of each core. Try streaming a song over Bluetooth while using GPS if your second core won't turn on.

Perhaps I should rephrase.
Am I the only one with only one core running? Can someone else check for me and update this thread? With Leedroid Tweaks, under status bar tweaks, carrier label, second carrier label, enable CPU frequency. When you pull down on the status bar now you'll see the freq of each core. Try streaming a song over Bluetooth while using GPS if your second core won't turn on.

Mine says the same thing following the leedroid method, but if i open kernel tuner they're both on, probably a glitch.. and what is "Mgz" lmao b/c thats what it says my frequency is

Mine says the same thing following the leedroid method, but if i open kernel tuner they're both on, probably a glitch.. and what is "Mgz" lmao b/c thats what it says my frequency is

That's weird. Leedroid has always shown the freq.
I just changed it to display usage, and I am getting percentages, then back to freq and nothing.

I'll try restoring my previous version to confirm that it used to work. Gong to reboot now as well in case that helps.

first all thank you for the update. I have been using this rom for past 2 months and i love it. thank you. but I updated to the latest release, I lost the function I control volume or skip song from my headphone, did you remove this feature? work fine previous release...

first all thank you for the update. I have been using this rom for past 2 months and i love it. thank you. but I updated to the latest release, I lost the function I control volume or skip song from my headphone, did you remove this feature? work fine previous release...

Check LeeDroid Settings and any other settings you may have changed and also check the compatibility of your headphones with other devices........ usually iPhone headphones with controls the controls do not work with Android phones so the buttons do nothing

......... I myself have a pair of Rocket Fish Bluetooth Headphones and the buttons work fine

A moment of silence for the short lived swap space :( .....

Now back to business...:D

Mobster, are you done with the swap space, or do you need to tweak it more before releasing it?

A moment of silence for the short lived swap space :( .....

Now back to business...:D

Mobster, are you done with the swap space, or do you need to tweak it more before releasing it?

lol....... thing is performance drops for a split second when the memory is swapped between Ram and Swap Space and it really showed.......

Maybe he doesn't want a speeding ticket :o

Lol I'm at work. I have no other choice except to wait until I get home. No 4G, USB connections are locked for data, and alot of sites are blocked as well on our network so wifi wouldnt work either Lmao. The joys of working for a multi billion dollar financial company :\ The worst part is, i'm an admin!

However I download roms all the time here and usually pull around ~200kbps give or take. Not sure why so slow today. Using UP 3-09 release with 2.95 firmware/radio flashed. Meh, maybe its the new radio, idk

I've been meaning to ask this for a while now, but is there a way to fix the radio on this ROM? I have the widget, and I also downloaded the app from a different thread. On the widget, it shows the song that's playing, but nothing comes through the earphones. I know that it's not muted or anything, and it's not the earphones because they work with other apps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom