• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Mobster Rom HD/Lite - 031513

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I want to give myself wifi... if i try the usb tether or the hotspot i get error code 64 either way. How can I fix this?

Well I do not see the profile ics wlan0 anywhere. Every-time I start the app up it gives me the message "tethering started with some errors Check logs for more info." I checked the logs ,but there is nothing besides error code 64 I enabled full access in the settings... ,but still nothing... I'm accessing the hotspot through this app.. Is there another one that works better?

Thanks,
Eric

Well I do not see the profile ics wlan0 anywhere. Every-time I start the app up it gives me the message "tethering started with some errors Check logs for more info." I checked the logs ,but there is nothing besides error code 64 I enabled full access in the settings... ,but still nothing... I'm accessing the hotspot through this app.. Is there another one that works better?

Thanks,
Eric

Go to the settings of the wifi tether app it's under "change device profile"

Ok i got the wifi working Thanks ,but how do I get the usb internet to work?

Ok i got the wifi working Thanks ,but how do I get the usb internet to work?

Are you trying to give WiFi to a PC via your phone using a USB port? If so, it doesn't work like that.

You can either:

1. Create a WiFi hotspot that 5-8 (can't remember) other devices that are WiFi enabled can connect to. This will allow you to share your 3G or 4G connection with those devices.

2. Plug your PC into the phone and share your 3G or 4G connection with that PC over USB.

I don't believe that you can connect to a PC via USB and then share your phone's WiFi connection with that PC. If you can, this is an app that I don't use and am not aware of. There may be an app for that...but the built in WiFi thether does not work this way.

Is this what you're trying to accomplish?

I'm sorry I typed it wrong Palmetto number 2 is what I want to do. I don't know why I said wifi I meant internet... I want to be able to connect to my pc and give it internet so it can go online...

I'm sorry I typed it wrong Palmetto number 2 is what I want to do. I don't know why I said wifi I meant internet... I want to be able to connect to my pc and give it internet so it can go online...

If you want to do number 2, you'll need a toilet, some paper, and some reading materials. :p

Lol jk.

I don't know how the kids are doing it these days, but I used to use pdanet (or pda net) a few years ago. You have to install software on your pc as well as an app on your phone. Things may have changed since then. Maybe others can offer suggestions as well. At least we got your terminology and application worked out. Wifi has nothing to do with it, but tether does.

Good luck to you :)

Is anyone else experiencing forcecloses on mobsters latest release. As soon as I hit record i get a message Unfourtantly, camera has stoped.

Well the video camera works... You may have low battery or low memory and that might causing that ,but what app would allow me to give internet to my pc

Back when I used usb tether, you had to buy the paid versions if you wanted to access https sites. That's hopefully changed.
Id suggest you buy a usb wifi adapter for your pc and instead use wifi tether to create a hotspot. But that's just what I would do.

I tried mobstergunz app link and it works :) I'm using it write now.. The only downside is that you cannot go on http's or im sites.
Thanks for the help

I am probably going to get that wireless thing since I am only getting 30kbp/s on my pc... any way to speed it up?

I am probably going to get that wireless thing since I am only getting 30kbp/s on my pc... any way to speed it up?

I saw the thing you linked to. Let me ask you...do you have any other devices that you could ever want to give WiFi to? The reason I ask is because a USB to WiFi adapter would be capable of moving from one device to another rather simply. The PCI card that you linked to is going to stay with that PC unless you want to invest 20 minutes taking it out and moving it to another device.

If one PC is all you have, then get whatever.

However, it's not going to help your speeds. When you said 30kbps, is that over 3G? You should run a few speed tests to see what kind of bandwidth you're getting to your phone. One app you can try is "ookla speedtest". You should be able to search that in the play store. I also like to open a web browser and go to www.bandwidthplace.com.

The results I get using both of those services differ, so I sorta take the average between them.

If you're getting 30kbps using those tests, then there's nothing you can do about it. That's a limitation of the 3G in your area. If however you are getting much faster speeds with those tests, and yet your PC is still getting 30kbps, something is wrong. I would test the speed to the phone, and then immediately the speed to the PC when doing this to make sure the time of day isn't affecting speeds. Don't assume you'll always get 30kbps to the PC just because that's what you got yesterday.

I doubt the tether app you're using is limiting speed, but who knows. You'll have to troubleshoot further to see what the issue is.

Here's another thing you can do. Do you own any WiFi capable devices like a laptop, tablet, or older phone? If so, use the WiFi Tether app (the one with the yellow icon) to setup a HotSpot. Then connect that WiFi device to your phone and see what kind of speed you get. This will be pretty close to what you'll get with that Intel PCI card you linked to.

Let me know if you have any questions...but those speed tests should tell you what's going on, and where the bottleneck is.

Well I have a macbook that can connect to it(thats the only other pc)... I have the wifi tether the app to use for that... Now on my mac with the wifi tether app I can download something on my macbook at an average of 100kbp/s and max of 120kbp/s on my desktop average 10kbp/s max 29kbp/s. Now the okla speedtest app shows 999kbps download and 711kbps for uploading. ALso I have noticed that when I connect my phone to my desktop pc it always says in the system tray that I have no internet connection ,but obviously I do. Could that be what slowing it down?

Thanks,
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom