• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Mobster Rom HD/Lite - 031513

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may as well wait then. My 3g, running DU at work is garbage and cant even complete the download right now anyways :\

Makes me wonder why the hell I keep flashing JB roms

? What's that?

It's a way to save major bandwidth. Your commits go into a repository that people download one time (at least, the bulk of your ROM is downloaded once). Then, as you make updates to the ROM, only the changes are re-downloaded. It's probably more complex than that, and RamJet or Negamann could likely elaborate much further.

Negamann uses SVN for his BluRom. Everytime he updates, he doesn't have to make a zip and upload it. He just makes the change, and uploads that change...then, the users update through SVN. And we make the .zip file ourselves on our own machines.

I seem to average a 20MB download each time I update...and from that 20MB download, I can create my own flashable 540MB .zip file.

If you're only going to update your ROM once a month, or even less frequently, it may not be worth it. But if you're going to make regular updates (a few per day/week)...SVN is the way to go.

? What's that?

From my understanding that's how Nega updates his ROM. It's so he doesn't have to keep uploading an entire ROM. Instead he makes small changes. The user has to download the changes make it into a flashable zip then update, that's only if the user thinks that the small changes are worth it. SVN is the program used to download the changes to make it into a flashable zip. Please correct me if I'm wrong anyone.

I see seems legit...... But I only update when I add something worth while after the new t update I probably won't update for awhile unless something amazing comes

Lmfao damnit I just flashed UP to get my data working right to download and flash 4/16 haha, its quite nice. I noticed its a bit more stripped and updated apps and the file manager is nice. U said its tweaked for a similar processor?

funny-Jesus-statue-pointing-finger.jpg

Lmfao damnit I just flashed UP to get my data working right to download and flash 4/16 haha, its quite nice. I noticed its a bit more stripped and updated apps and the file manager is nice. U said its tweaked for a similar processor?

In the Dev Version the CPU is Clocked at the Max Frequency that Qualcomm rates the chip (Snapdragon S3 MSM8660), which is up to 1.7 GHz Dual-core, anything over that will give you oddities. So you know this Rom is Super Beast Mode ;)

First thing i did was drop it down to 1.512 in nofrills but it runs damn great, havent played with it much as 4/17 is at 98% downloaded :D I do like the stripped purity of it

Is the DE version running the same Power Kernel? Is it dual core full time, or does it utilize hotplugging? Also, does it support Sweep to Wake?

So should I back up my apps from HD Lite and just restore them on the dev rom? I'm highly interested in trying this later today.

You could do it that way if you want but the preferred method is Titanium Backup if anytging..... I myself don't backup I just save the apks directly to my SD card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom