• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Mobster Rom HD/Lite - 031513

Status
Not open for further replies.
I clocked mines down to 1.2 but I'm noticing that my music is skipping when the screen is off and I'm turning the screen on to answer a text. I'm using Poweramp. I did a backup of my apps and restored them all. Any idea of what the problem could be?

What is your screen-off max frequency? What about governor and scheduler?
I'm not running this rom, so these questions may not be appropriate. Also, is this dual core all the time, or does it user hotplugging and mpdecision to control the second cpu? Also, when the screen is off , is it set to single core or dual core?

What is your screen-off max frequency? What about governor and scheduler?
I'm not running this rom, so these questions may not be appropriate. Also, is this dual core all the time, or does it user hotplugging and mpdecision to control the second cpu? Also, when the screen is off , is it set to single core or dual core?

by default the Rom should always be dual core when the screen is on not off and the screen off frequency should be able to go as high as is need..........

These are the settings I have it on using no frills Cpu.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1366339678236.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1366339678236.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 77
There should be a seperate option to turn off the second core when screen off in kernel tuner. I think its under MP Decision. I dont believe the governor matters in this case, But I could be wrong. I think its the same case for most ROMs/Kernels also.

Is it consistent or intermittent? Ate you streaming it over Bluetooth? These are MP3s right?
If it's consistent try raising the CPU frequency and see if it goes away.

Just a standard headphone that I've always been using. I don't bluetooth my music. I flashed this dev rom today around 6 hours ago and started getting this. I've done nothing in regards to messing with the core.

No frills seems to not have a "Max clock when screen off" setting, Which could be the problem. It may be defaulting to the 192 or 384 max, Which will make your music stutter. I found that having the "max clock when screen off" set to 486 or better will cause no issues. Anything less than that my music will hang and get choppy, Especially when the phone tries to do multiple things in sleep mode.

I use wired headphones, BTW. :D

No frills seems to not have a "Max clock when screen off" setting, Which could be the problem. It may be defaulting to the 192 or 384 max, Which will make your music stutter. I found that having the "max clock when screen off" set to 486 or better will cause no issues. Anything less than that my music will hang and get choppy, Especially when the phone tries to do multiple things in sleep mode.

I use wired headphones, BTW. :D

Mobster said that there is no max cpu cutoff for a screen off condition. Is that no frills app included with the rom, or added?

Wow it must have been a while since Ive used this ROM. :p

Try using kernel tuner and set the screen off freq to 486 under MP Decision and see if it makes any difference, If you want. This way we can eliminate the question if no frills can do this or not.

Tried it and still get skipping. Now my screen goes black and I have to do a battery pull. Looks like I'm going back to HD Lite tonight lol

Whats the difference between your lite version and unSenseable rom? and what's in your dev rom?

You're probably better off trying them all out. unSenseable is a ROM by another developer that's based on Mobster Lite (unless that's changed). It has its own thread. The dev ROM is overclockable from a stock configuration and uses a different kernel than Mobster HD.

The only ROM I've personally used that even remotely related to what you asked is Mobster HD...haven't used the dev ROM, Mobster Lite, or unSenseable...so I can't really tell you the differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom