• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] MTDEV-CM9 build 20130120 [BETA]

None edited

IMG_20130130_093855.jpg

Edited

IMG_20130130_093711-1.jpg

Upvote 0
OK, I've played with Action Snap tonite and I gotta say that it's nice to have a working camera on CM9. One of the first things that I noticed was the orientation was correct and it would actually capture a dag on picture. It won't work if the camera is set to the slow capture. I think it's the focus.

I glanced at the code for the CM9 camera, then tried to use the CM7 camera. I think I'll look at the CM9 camera as the CM7 camera didn't even load.

Just as a side note. I'm going to change some of the defaults more for my development perposus (can't spell, leave me alone).

Upvote 0
Maybe I'll set up another poll. Do you want me to work on the camera (personally I do as it's the only thing keeping me from using it as my dayly) or do you want me to work on the other parts?

I'd suggest going with what you personally WANT to work on.

I'll admit that if you asked me to tell you what I'd like you to work on, it would be the camera, since that's the only thing stopping me from moving to an ICS ROM. :D

Upvote 0
OK, I've played with Action Snap tonite and I gotta say that it's nice to have a working camera on CM9. One of the first things that I noticed was the orientation was correct and it would actually capture a dag on picture. It won't work if the camera is set to the slow capture. I think it's the focus.

I glanced at the code for the CM9 camera, then tried to use the CM7 camera. I think I'll look at the CM9 camera as the CM7 camera didn't even load.

Just as a side note. I'm going to change some of the defaults more for my development perposus (can't spell, leave me alone).

Yeah it works pretty good on the quick pic setting but no flash which sucks cause you have to be somewhere the lighting is excellent.

Upvote 0
I'd suggest going with what you personally WANT to work on.

I'll admit that if you asked me to tell you what I'd like you to work on, it would be the camera, since that's the only thing stopping me from moving to an ICS ROM. :D

Eh, I had a feeling that the community wanted the camera anyway. And Action Snap is working

Yeah it works pretty good on the quick pic setting but no flash which sucks cause you have to be somewhere the lighting is excellent.

I'm going to try using the tourch app to see if I can fake the flash, when I get home...;)

Upvote 0
Okay Not to be F****ed or anything but playing games on this rom sucks...like big time n i am a big gamer..anyway i will make a list of games that do work n dont...

Temple Run 2 *does not work*
Temple Run *Works but only for like 5 mins n reboots*
Subway Surfers *Works 60% of the time but lags and reboots*
NFL PRO 2013 *Works but too much Lags..Reboots*
Drag Race *Works Well..*
Contract Kill 2 *Works for the first 5 mins n then reboots..Also alot of lag*
istunts 2 *work well*
Battleship destroyer *Only Loads n reboost*
The list can go on my test lol

Now all of these games work well on CM7 but not on CM9... I think that the last 4 updates on this rom has to do something with it. (note all of these games work on CM9 11/12/2012 or later)

Upvote 0
Okay Not to be F****ed or anything but playing games on this rom sucks...like big time n i am a big gamer..anyway i will make a list of games that do work n dont...

Temple Run 2 *does not work*
Temple Run *Works but only for like 5 mins n reboots*
Subway Surfers *Works 60% of the time but lags and reboots*
NFL PRO 2013 *Works but too much Lags..Reboots*
Drag Race *Works Well..*
Contract Kill 2 *Works for the first 5 mins n then reboots..Also alot of lag*
istunts 2 *work well*
Battleship destroyer *Only Loads n reboost*
The list can go on my test lol

Now all of these games work well on CM7 but not on CM9... I think that the last 4 updates on this rom has to do something with it. (note all of these games work on CM9 11/12/2012 or later)

Most of this stuff will be improved if I figure out the memory part. With our small amount of RAM it's kinda hard. And I haven't even tried to work on it yet. I have ideas, not much time. I know Kenn2Chill was trying to get his feet wet. Not that the repo builds I can guide him and we can see what happens. If anybody else wants to take a crack at it, hit me up on my "another build" thread.

Holla

Reactions: RedFiero88
Upvote 0
This is exciting! I got a Nexus 4 recently so I won't be using my Triumph as a phone for much longer, but I plan on using it as a PMP instead, so I'll probably keep an eye on MTDEV's work.

Good job dsm! (I'm glad you found it sooner rather than later for your own sanity.)

Well, after building last nite I found there are more problems after the focus. I did get a click, then a crash. We will see.

Reactions: ecarlson
Upvote 0
The screen coming back on is hit/miss for me as well and has been as long as I can remember. Sometimes it comes back on, sometimes I need to hit the power button. Yesterday I had to ask the person I was talking to to hang up so I could use my phone. I have always wiped everything and started fresh when updating. It's really the only problem other than having to unplug and replug the headphones if I get a notification while listening to music.

Upvote 0
Is Bluetooth working for anyone else on this build? I have a fairly nice Plantronics headset that I used with this phone before rooting it, but have been unable to find the device in the Bluetooth connection search since then.

Also, thanks to whoever mentioned that overclocking was breaking Maps - I was starting to think I had lost that functionality completely also, but reverting to standard clock speed fixed it.

Upvote 0
Is Bluetooth working for anyone else on this build? I have a fairly nice Plantronics headset that I used with this phone before rooting it, but have been unable to find the device in the Bluetooth connection search since then.

Also, thanks to whoever mentioned that overclocking was breaking Maps - I was starting to think I had lost that functionality completely also, but reverting to standard clock speed fixed it.

I have been able to use my bluetooth on this rom, I have a Motorola H9, stereo headset that I use when I go on jogs, it works fine for me. It did take a little longer than I expected to pair it, I had to click find device a couple times before it showed up.

Upvote 0

I got the same bluetooth.It connects but if idle too long it disconnect and won't reconnect.When I try to turn off bluetooth then turn it back on it freezes.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones