• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][PORT][FINAL] MIUI 1.11.25-Triumph | 113011-2 (GB 2.3.7 based)

I like the original.

BTW, received my Triumph today, installed your MIUI right away, love it.
Not a single prob (keep my fingers crossed).

Yeah, it's funny, I found myself trying all the themes, icons, fonts, etc. available for MIUI, but always find myself going back to the "stock" MIUI look.

I attribute this to me being so picky. Some themes or icon packs are not fully complete, so there are some elements that stick out.

However, I'm just glad to be able to run MIUI on my phone. It's only officially available to a handful of devices. The fact that we're able to run it (and being a prepaid carrier device) makes it that much cooler.

Upvote 0
Did you install the right extended settings for the right version of miui?Mine works flawlessly thats how I changes the carrier name from Virgin mobile to Sprint

I tried putting it on last night and the battery settings wouldn't change. About to try again- seemed like I had to do a full wipe to erase the last version. Do I need to replace the meta info file? I don't remember doing it on the last version.

@Isaac - bout to test the weather screens, but I'm sure evrything's all good. And if you ever feel like a change, the most complete themes are the Blue Dado Series - that dev put his heart and soul and a heck of a lot of time into it, very nice look for anyone interested in Blue (there are dark and light versions available) :)

Upvote 0
I tried putting it on last night and the battery settings wouldn't change. About to try again- seemed like I had to do a full wipe to erase the last version. Do I need to replace the meta info file? I don't remember doing it on the last version.

@Isaac - bout to test the weather screens, but I'm sure evrything's all good. And if you ever feel like a change, the most complete themes are the Blue Dado Series - that dev put his heart and soul and a heck of a lot of time into it, very nice look for anyone interested in Blue (there are dark and light versions available) :)

Thanks Melissa! These themes do look great!

Upvote 0
Well im still using the extended settings version designed for the 1.10.28 miui build and i've never encountered any problems,I would post the download link for it but I can't find it on google.btw im using the dark theme and I LOVE it
Glad you like - his work is very inspirational for an aspiring themer :)

Well, I think I fudged up - I have an nandroid, so not the end of the world - went to new MIUI, downloaded new extended settings because old one wasn't working on battery - the app/mod is now uninstalled, getting errors when I try to upload the proper version, may try using 1.10.28 as you suggested. Do you remember if you had to replace the meta info file? I have a feeling I'm forgetting to do something...

Upvote 0
My lock screen always reads 77c

I hear genie widget is totally lame, bad reporting and doesn't show images for night either. I was excited to bring weather to my new ls themes, but might need to see if there's another weather app on the horizon for the manifest - genie is full of errors from what I've seen on the forums thus far :(

Upvote 0
Do you know is there is a theme that actually displays the message on the lockscreen or who the missed call was form on the lockscreen?Something similar to the iphone?
From what I can tell, they are still integrating that feature into the manifest - no idea if it will be a feature of another version of MIUI, or available on the current manifest - problem is, MIUI ls dev lost two geniuses in the last two weeks to other projects. I bookmarked you in case I see the feature listed on the manifest guide - you can ask/check for new features over here jik :)

Upvote 0
I hear genie widget is totally lame, bad reporting and doesn't show images for night either. I was excited to bring weather to my new ls themes, but might need to see if there's another weather app on the horizon for the manifest - genie is full of errors from what I've seen on the forums thus far :(

The genie widget is the stock one from Gingerbread 2.3 and yes, it does suck. It never updates properly.

Upvote 0
What is causing the weird artifacting/video frame stuttering on many of the videos/movie sequences in things? Is it the Kernel I'm on? I'm using mock kernel, and that's possibly the only weird issue I'm noticing with MIUI thus far.

Does it do it on stock kernel?
Are you on wifi or 3g?
What app are you using?

I've tested watching a movie on Netflix and HBO Go on wifi and don't see an issue. The only issue is when the movie is buffering. Perhaps that's what you're seeing? It pauses for a sec or so while buffering?

Upvote 0
I'm using the 1.11.25 version of extended settings.

Did you transition from 11.4? Seems like its a removal of a system app, now a traditional apk - no idea how to go to new rom and new ext settings - seems from the thread like I'm supposed to uninstall the old version (a system app), but not sure what order to do stuff in - description here :)

Upvote 0
Did you transition from 11.4? Seems like its a removal of a system app, now a traditional apk - no idea how to go to new rom and new ext settings - seems from the thread like I'm supposed to uninstall the old version (a system app), but not sure what order to do stuff in - description here :)

Flash the zip, then install the apk. Works fine for me. Using the 11.25 no overscroll version

Reactions: melissapugs
Upvote 0
So much for MIUI being at the end of its life cycle eh? Apparently not so :p

Is MIUI 2.3.7 reaching the end of its life cycle? Yes.

The GB MIUI version is reaching its EOL. I consider the GB MIUI version to be dead in the water and I see no reason to continue GB MIUI. I promised to take this project to the end and with the release of ICS, I think we've reached that point.
@snail3: No, I have no plans to port MIUI 4.0 or any other ROMs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones