• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[ROM][UNOFFICAL]LineageOS 13 6/11/2017

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170405-192042.png
    Screenshot_20170405-192042.png
    183.6 KB · Views: 155
  • Screenshot_20170406-090541.png
    Screenshot_20170406-090541.png
    177.6 KB · Views: 239
  • Screenshot_20170406-090653.png
    Screenshot_20170406-090653.png
    121.7 KB · Views: 216
  • Screenshot_20170406-090704.png
    Screenshot_20170406-090704.png
    123.7 KB · Views: 225
  • Screenshot_20170406-090720.png
    Screenshot_20170406-090720.png
    119.2 KB · Views: 157
Thank you for these unofficial ports!

I am having the wi-fi drop issue that someone mentioned before. I'm currently using TWRP 2.8.7.0, do you guys recommend that I update to a newer version? I remember trying version 3.x.x.x last year when I first rooted and my phone got stuck in a boot loop, but perhaps that has been fixed since then?

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to use this phone as an IR blaster?

I'm finding myself unable to connect to 3g/4g, and the APN fix didn't work for me. Any ideas?

Notes:
Virgin Mobile
Tried every manual-entry apn I could find for VM, but they all disappeared from my menu when I tried to save
At one point, some 'carrier options' thing showed up below 'access point names', but it crashed the menu when I tapped on it

Hey, by the way, I seem to have also hit the slow-boot, but I'm an impatient SOB and didn't wait longer than 5 minutes before forcing it to shut down and try again, so I don't know if it was actually planning to finish booting. After a couple tries, I made it go away like so: Simply boot to TWRP and flash the rom right on top of everything, no wipes no nothing. Slow boot gone, everything exactly as you left it. At least, that's what I seem to have discovered.

Hey, by the way, I seem to have also hit the slow-boot, but I'm an impatient SOB and didn't wait longer than 5 minutes before forcing it to shut down and try again, so I don't know if it was actually planning to finish booting. After a couple tries, I made it go away like so: Simply boot to TWRP and flash the rom right on top of everything, no wipes no nothing. Slow boot gone, everything exactly as you left it. At least, that's what I seem to have discovered.
I just wipe Dalvik & Cache and that works as well. Still having issues when the signal switches from call to LTE.... and SMS...

If anyone is curious, I found settings for the gps.conf file that have made my GPS work perfectly using the latest release of this ROM. I googled LG volt gps fix and found a thread dedicated to the Volt's gps issues. I tried a bunch of different GPS.conf settings and finally found one that genuinely works.

Yes, please share. I keep tweaking it with varying success. What's in the ROM is the best performer I've had but it's far from perfect.

Thanks everyone , first time post and user for android, after 4 days stuck with my toy " LG Volt" with NO OS, finally tonight I found this "ZV6_Final_Stock_Debloated_No_Gapps" this to be the solution, everything's works , need to get me a carrier and I'm set... thanks again looks like a good forum !!!!

Thanks everyone , first time post and user for android, after 4 days stuck with my toy ' LG Volt' with NO OS, finally tonight I found this 'ZV6_Final_Stock_Debloated_No_Gapps' this to be the solution, everything's works , need to get me a carrier and I'm set... thanks again looks like a good forum !!!!

Trust us.... we know. XD. Anyway, in time (possibly in 2 months) the majority of the bugs will be fixed. Welcome to the group BTW.

I spoke too soon. Further testing and the GPS gets flaky depending on its location. I'm testing an application from the playstore called TopNTP. It installs a custom gps.conf file that is supposed to work very well. I'll let everyone know how well it works after I've tested it a few days.

I spoke too soon. Further testing and the GPS gets flaky depending on its location. I'm testing an application from the playstore called TopNTP. It installs a custom gps.conf file that is supposed to work very well. I'll let everyone know how well it works after I've tested it a few days.

Any new discoveries?

The problem with gps seems to be the GPS antenna on the Volt gets poor satellites connections for some reason. I found a 12dbi 3.5mm fm radio, TV, and GPS antenna online for a few bucks so I purchased it just for shits and giggles. I used some thin metal objects on the connectors under the back panel and went from 0 to 6 gps satellites in my house. I'll let everyone know if the aftermarket antenna works and give you guys a link if anyone wants to purchase it. It's less than $5. At the very least I should be able to listen to the built in fm radio through internal speaker instead of using headphones.

Back
Top Bottom