• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] unSENSEable V2.1 |3D|Fast|Lite|Great Battery| Now Overclocking|Buttered Toast| 04/11/13 |

OK, so here is my dilemma. Ever since i have remember, since back when i got this phone last summer, every custom ROM has had shitty battery life. First i was on Mobster ROM, then anthrax'ED Cm10, then pacman, and now this ROM. I honestly have to admit this ROM had the best battery life of all the custom ROMs i have ever run on this phone. So yesterday i ran the RUU went back to complete stock with s-off, ran the two OTA's. Today after about a good day's use (8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.) with medium to light usage (max of 20 mins screen on with 3g data) i am down to about 85% I don't know what happened but this battery life was soo much better. It may have been the two OTA's but when i was on this rom after the same conditions i would be about 50%. Still better then any other rom....

I dont...Lol.

I just dont have anything that important . Im not a huge gamer or anything. What particular apps are you using it for?

I have maybe 150 apps. A couple games that aren't server side and tapa talk are the main ones that I need data from... On the other hand I reflashed and so far no issues I think I may have tinkered with the wrong thing before

spoke too soon. phone is deep in a coma now. notification light blinking but phone will not respond lol. will try changing hboot

I just back up my apk files work ES file explorer and restore that way. I don't really have the need to back up data for any apps

That happens sometimes after changing hboot. Just reflash. Make sure you format all partitions except SD CARD. Then wipe Dalvik. Then flash. Let it settle for a bit before you start restoring apps. Try reinstalling your apps from the market. Then restoring ONLY data with titanium

I usually just do a mass restore of Apps only in Titanium, then when it's done, go down the list and restore the data for some apps, like games, one by one.

Hmmm, I need help if possible.

I've been rooted but on stock ROM for a long time because I was scared to do the wire trick. I followed this guide to do the trick and to update the HBOOT and Radio.

I then tried to flash the current version of this ROM. Everything seemed to go fine but now I'm getting a couple of seconds of the boot animation and then it shuts off. I've already tried reflashing after wiping everything. The first time it did a boot loop after a few seconds of the boot animation.

I'm going to try another ROM for now, but are there any tips? One thing to note is I'm using TWRP 1.1.1, is that a problem?

I would try 4ext recovery.
make sure you wipe al partitions(except sd card)
Then wipe dalvik
then flash

Wow, thanks for the quick response. I'm sure I could find the proper file to install 4ext, but would you happen to have a link to save me the trouble?

Perhaps with some basic instructions?

Thanks.

you are s-off so you can flash this thru bootloader. Check your PM box

Thanks again! I got the full Mobster one to install. It shut off once during the boot animation and then started on the second. So I'll mess around with it for a bit.

But I'm more interested in this ROM due to the "Senseless" part.

This rom has wallpapers taken out for clear reasons. Just find some live wallpaper apks in the market.

Yes. And you will need the livewallpaperspicker.apk. you can Grab it from any ROM.

The reason they are not in is because I don't believe in them. They are battery and Ram hoggers.

I can't send text messages of any kind anymore. I can get them, but if I reply I get error code 2133. This started with just one number, but now it's effecting others. I have had this problem on different roms too.

Not sure . But when I have issues with data / texting.. I always run the RUU. Then take both OTA updates. Then update profile/prl...

Then flash Recovery ... Then ROM. Then HBOOT.

Whoa dude, nice looking ROM. I never stopped in here in the past as I sorta like Sense, and since you had built off Mobster, I figured I'd just use Mobster when I wasn't using blurom.

Is it still built off Mobster, you've changed the name I see. I see that you're using BT Kernel, and it has a JB look to it. Has it always had the JB look? Does 3D work? I started writing this and forgot to check on that.

It looks like a sweet ass ROM; and I'm going to have to try it out :D

everything works.. Still built off Mobster Rom. Always had the JB look. Ridiculously good battery life.

That's the way we like it. :D
To he honest I always go back to something stock after a while because it's just more stable, with nothing broken.

I've had Android phones for years. Never rooted a single one. I couldn't justify the hassle if my phone did "everything" I wanted it to do already... What a fool I've been. I decided to take the plunge and mod my V, and chose this ROM to experiment. I've certainly caught "root-fever", but honestly don't think I'll be flashing anything else to this phone. This ROM is PERFECT for me...

Back
Top Bottom