• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] unSENSEable V2.1 |3D|Fast|Lite|Great Battery| Now Overclocking|Buttered Toast| 04/11/13 |

ok. Not trrying to insult you. Its a common mistake. just wanted to make sure. it must not be named right. Or maybe a bad download of the file???????

I wasn't offended in any way :). I too know that it is a common mistake. anyways the RUU worked so now i think ima see how things go..

make sure you take the ota updates before flashing recovery

cool. pretty neat watching it do its thing I think.... was it named wrong?

Unplugged it this morning at about 6am and it's still at 41% at almost 10pm at night. This is using Wifi throughout the day at work to play the occasional game, chat on GroupMe, check Instagram, and streaming Google Music over 4g on my bus commute to/from home to my bluetooth headphones. GPS and Bluetooth are always on as well. I'm running the Laza 3460ma battery and I don't think it's never lasted me this long! Running the latest Buttertoast 16.5 kernel from the XDA page. Gonna see how well the latest update to Anthrax runs with this.

Thanks for the great ROM!

2013-03-27%2021.41.26.png

Unplugged it this morning at about 6am and it's still at 41% at almost 10pm at night. This is using Wifi throughout the day at work to play the occasional game, chat on GroupMe, check Instagram, and streaming Google Music over 4g on my bus commute to/from home to my bluetooth headphones. GPS and Bluetooth are always on as well. I'm running the Laza 3460ma battery and I don't think it's never lasted me this long! Running the latest Buttertoast 16.5 kernel from the XDA page. Gonna see how well the latest update to Anthrax runs with this.

Thanks for the great ROM!

2013-03-27%2021.41.26.png

Glad you like it. Enjoy

make sure you take the ota updates before flashing recovery

cool. pretty neat watching it do its thing I think.... was it named wrong?

Yea it was pretty cool. I honestly don't know what the problem was, as it was named correctly. Probably just had to redo it in order to finish.

I noticed something odd when I'm on this rom vs another one I've been using(Harmonia 3.17) or stock. When I tether to my laptop and run speedtest using unSENSEable I will consistantly get around 3mbps and a ping around 50. When I tether using Harmonia or stock I will get 8-12 mbps with a ping around 120. I'm s-off and both roms were setup after running the RUU and getting the lastest OTA updates. Another difference is that on unSENSEable it correctly detects that I'm in southern California and picks it's server accordingly. When I'm on Harmonia or stock it will pick a server in Kansas as being the closest one. Obviously the ping and throughput is being effected by the server location. I'm just curious as to why this would happen. For my purposes having a better ping with lower throughput is actually better. Once again, thanks for all the hard word. Really liking everything about this rom. Battery life has been fantastic :)

sigh... i suppose my phone just doesnt like buttered toast. as i'm having multiple random reboots and getting stuck in the bootloop

yes. s-off. hboot 1.04. i'm thinking it has to do with buttered toast as every rom i've used with it or anthrax has had multiple reboots. mobsterz hd lasted me a couple weeks with buttered toast before i started having these problems but eventually it was like every other i tried

are you restoring apps?
did you wipe all partitions except sdcard and wipe dalvik cache?
switch to jbear 1.5. Most devs including myself are using that hboot

yes i restore apps in titanium but i usually happens after i've ran the rom for a few hours and restored everything.. i'll try 1.5

Restoring apps should be fine, restoring the data is where problems come in. I ONLY do it on my Chase app, b/c i have to text msg verify everytime i sign in with a new download, and restore data on my games too. thats it. Then again, ive never had half the problems these guys do, but ive never used Titanium either

yes. Just make sure you us 4EXT recovery with smartflash enabled OR if using TWRP you have to flash the boot.img thru ADB

Installing 4ext to feed my curiosity. My TWRP backups will not be compatible, correct? Now I get to flash roms and recoveries on a regular basis yay lol

edit: ughhhh hideous and choppy performance, i dont see all the buzz around this unless you're S-on

I dont...Lol.

I just dont have anything that important . Im not a huge gamer or anything. What particular apps are you using it for?

Back
Top Bottom