• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] unSENSEable V2.1 |3D|Fast|Lite|Great Battery| Now Overclocking|Buttered Toast| 04/11/13 |

S-on becase I have 64bit Windows 8 and the S-off thing not compatible. . . I assume I have all the updates but now that I have reinstalled or attempted to install I have formated several times or whatever. . . I never did the Virgin Mobile OTA update because it would result in installing that old rom right? Im lost with the OTA update? I thought only Stock would update OTA. . .

Ok so I know whats going on. . I when formatting all including SD card it removed the 4ext settings which have the smart flash option checked. Soo when I attempt to install the new after it doesnt have the smart flash enabled. . Sooo I did my old thing . . you know installed previous 1.4.1 then installed 4ext made sure the smartflash thing was on then rebooted then installed the newest and walla it works now sir. . Thank you

But overall YES sir it was the magical Smart Flash

Sooo Apps . . maybe not ROM Related but you did state that the possible fix would be in this build. . How did you get Google Keep to working? "Unfortunately, Keep has stopped."
RELATED To possible GPS ??

Google Keep Closes - - -
Google Plus not launching
My Tracks not working
Strava app still not working . .

Not sure if this is ROM related but since the install of this last ROM I have had issues with GPS apps, only recently with Google + app updated it will not run or start either. In addition I use the STRAVA app for my biking trips and it wont start claiming "Your device does not seem to support Google Play Services", I am able to start it but the second I hit record trip it crashes. . which is when it accesses the GPS. . The only reason I think all three have the same issue is when trying to use Google My Tracks wont work either it closes when you attempt to start a trip which is when the app attempts to access the GPS. . . SOoooooo anyone have any issues like that?

Yeah and also Google Keep does not work either.

Even if I move the apps to the SD card it makes no difference. . .

just tried google+ and google keep. Both work fine.. Never used the other two. Did you restore them from titanium or somkething else like that? try freshly installing the apps.. In my opinion titanium backup is usless when switching ROMS.. It may " work"
but people always tend to have issues. And even though you were on My ROM before. This is a completelry new build with a different kernel

just tried google+ and google keep. Both work fine.. Never used the other two. Did you restore them from titanium or somkething else like that? try freshly installing the apps.. In my opinion titanium backup is usless when switching ROMS.. It may " work"
but people always tend to have issues. And even though you were on My ROM before. This is a completelry new build with a different kernel

Yeah I don't think its you something weird. .I don't use backup I just re-installed from Google Play

well you havent gotten far yet. Starting over seems like a good idea to me .
So this is what I want you to do.

READ CAREFULLY then read again

- wipe all partitions (except SD card)
-Wipe dalvik and cache
-install ROM.

let settle for 3-5 minutes . Then try adding your google acct & installing your apps

I have no clue but I reinstated the latest Google Play Services and now everything works fine. . .call me crazy but I apologize for bothering you today . . Thanks for all your help

Kind of off topic here, but nsciucco, have you done the fix everything radio/pri that updates the evo v 4g to the same radio/pri as the evo 3D? I responded on that thread i need some help....

It's flips back and forth from the aosp icon to the sense icon style.

I can't seem to find a way to turn fastboot off either.

Hey nega since your online can i ask you something? It is off topic but have you done the evo v 4g fix everything and turn it into a evo 3D via radio/prl update along with hboot downgrade to 1.04???

Hey nega since your online can i ask you something? It is off topic but have you done the evo v 4g fix everything and turn it into a evo 3D via radio/prl update along with hboot downgrade to 1.04???

I haven't brother, I sprint believe it or not, just helping the side that lacks devs.

What's your question regarding it?

Run the RUU And get back to stock. Take both OTA updates. Then flash recovery. Then this ROM. Let it boot up. Then change your hboot to jbear 1.5
gimme a few I'll pm you the neccesary files

Whole process will take 1 hr. Ramjet or Brian will probably ninja in here soon with the files and all the info you need. Lol

Run the RUU And get back to stock. Take both OTA updates. Then flash recovery. Then this ROM. Let it boot up. Then change your hboot to jbear 1.5
gimme a few I'll pm you the neccesary files

Whole process will take 1 hr. Ramjet or Brian will probably ninja in here soon with the files and all the info you need. Lol

Woh woh. Too much info to take in at one time. So from what i've read the RUU is a way to get back to complete stock (No recovery, no s-off, no unlocked bootloader, and no root), am i correct? To begin i read the post regarding the recent OTA and people have commented not to because in case of not being able to get s-off or rooted. second why hboot 1.5? I thought that hboot 1.04 was the best one to have...

Back
Top Bottom