• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] unSENSEable V2.1 |3D|Fast|Lite|Great Battery| Now Overclocking|Buttered Toast| 04/11/13 |

I'm trying to simplify it for you. You wanna have the latest firmware. In order to get it you can just flash firmware. But I honestly don't believe in doing that, you will get a much cleaner base running the RUU. that brings you back to stock .( Stock ROM. Stock hboot and stock recovery) You still will be s-off.....Then take the OTA updates. Apply one and after it reboots, apply the other. Then you will have the latest firmware. Are you with me so far?

I'm trying to simplify it for you. You wanna have the latest firmware. In order to get it you can just flash firmware. But I honestly don't believe in doing that, you will get a much cleaner base running the RUU. that brings you back to stock .( Stock ROM. Stock hboot and stock recovery) You still will be s-off.....Then take the OTA updates. Apply one and after it reboots, apply the other. Then you will have the latest firmware. Are you with me so far?

Yes, you want me to run RUU (where can i find out how to do that?). Then i will be on stock rom and then you want me to take both OTA updates. Just a note i will probably not be doing this now since if i mess up i won't have a phone 4 tommorow, so i will most likely do this friday...

Yes, you want me to run RUU (where can i find out how to do that?). Then i will be on stock rom and then you want me to take both OTA updates. Just a note i will probably not be doing this now since if i mess up i won't have a phone 4 tommorow, so i will most likely do this friday...

Pretty hard to mess up. Its so easy to run the RUU . Easier then flashing a ROM. you just rename the file and put it on the root of your SD CARD. Then reboot into bootloader . It will prompt you if you want to run it. Say yes. Then just lay back and watch it do its thing. It will run twice, the second time you don't have to do anything. It starts by itself. Then you are all set. Back to stock. Then take the OTA Updates............I think you know the rest from here since you have achieved s-off. I will pm you a link to the RUU.

Pretty hard to mess up. Its so easy to run the RUU . Easier then flashing a ROM. you just rename the file and put it on the root of your SD CARD. Then reboot into bootloader . It will prompt you if you want to run it. Say yes. Then just lay back and watch it do its thing. It will run twice, the second time you don't have to do anything. It starts by itself. Then you are all set. Back to stock. Then take the OTA Updates............I think you know the rest from here since you have achieved s-off. I will pm you a link to the RUU.

Will me having a custom splash screen affect this in any way? Also after running the RUU it will boot automatically to the stock rom right? then take both OTA, then install the 4ext recovery? or change Hboot before installing 4ext?

Will me having a custom splash screen affect this in any way? Also after running the RUU it will boot automatically to the stock rom right? then take both OTA, then install the 4ext recovery? or change Hboot before installing 4ext?

Splash screen won't affect it any.... it will remove it though.
Yes after running the RUU it boots to the stock rom. Then take both OTA updates. Then recovery. ( I have a file for ya. Thanks to Brian706) Then ROM. Then hboot. ( I got that for ya too)

Splash screen won't affect it any.... it will remove it though.
Yes after running the RUU it boots to the stock rom. Then take both OTA updates. Then recovery. ( I have a file for ya. Thanks to Brian706) Then ROM. Then hboot. ( I got that for ya too)

Thanks! So after i finish all that and i switch to that new hboot (1.04 or 1.5 idk i thought in the evo v 4g fix everything thread it said 1.04). After all this will i be able to upgrade the radio/pri??? All i want is the upgraded radio/pri as in the thread by leslie ann (sorry if i mistake spelling) since it helps increase signal

You don't need that radio. The new one that comes with the OTAS IS BETTER. And as far as the hboot.. Ramjet73 sold me on this . The 1.04 is older . 1.5 is newer. He has a thread that explains this in detail much better than I can. Just take my word for it. I wouldn't steer you in the wrong direction.
The fix everything thread needs to be updated. Its no longer needed since virgin fixed the radio interface error in the ota. Trust me.

That's what I meant by simplifying it for you

You don't need that radio. The new one that comes with the OTAS IS BETTER. That thread needs to be updated. Its no longer needed since virgin fixed the radio interface error in the ota. Trust me.

That's what I meant by simplifying it for you

OH i get it now! ok lol cause all this time i was trying to figure out why do i need to get back to stock. Well anyways i'll see if i can try to do this today ( been trying to multi-task talking on this forum and doing homework for school. If not i will for sure do it this Thursday or Friday at the latest. i will post later if was able to or not. either ways thanks soo much, nobody on the other thread was saying anything and you cleared everything up 4 me.

No problem brother. I'm glad I cleared it up for you. Honestly though. It will take a hour tops. Just do it. Lol.

I'll be here if you need me

I tried flashing v2.0 with 4ext and now stuck in bootloop and cant restore from 4ext without bootlooping. I'm s-on with 1.58. 1.4.1 worked great dont know where things went wrong any help would be appreciated

This may be a stupid question, but is there a working 4g widget, there doesn't seem to be one built in, and the ones off the market that I tried didn't seem to work. So far I'm only able to toggle it via the quick settings. This works fine, it would just be more convenient if I could add it too my home screen. Really liking the rom so far. Thanks for all the hard work.

This may be a stupid question, but is there a working 4g widget, there doesn't seem to be one built in, and the ones off the market that I tried didn't seem to work. So far I'm only able to toggle it via the quick settings. This works fine, it would just be more convenient if I could add it too my home screen. Really liking the rom so far. Thanks for all the hard work.

Widgetsoid

Flashed 2.0 can't find where to turn mobile networks on. Went back to 1.4 nandroid and don't see the option there either although it is turned on in it. What am I doing wrong

Lol. It's in the quick settings. Same as 1.4.

ROM will pretty much look the same as 1.4.
I added a new kernel,some tweaks, and bug fixes. With improved performance and ridiculously good battery life

Jumped back on the UnSenseable bandwagon. After having run MidnightRom for a few months I decided to come back after having issues with 4g. So far, it's running as smooth as I remember it. I just have to remind myself to perform a backup prior to a ROM upgrade, since you can't dirty flash, and then perform an advanced restore of my data.

Thanks!

you can restore data from another ROM ... But I really dont reccomend it.. Usually people end up haing issues doing that .

Try it for your self.. If it doesnt work out well you can always reflash

Did all those wipes and was smartflash on now im in twrp 1.1.1 can get into recovery but have nothing in restore file. tried adb but no roms seem to be working

Im confused ... You cant restore a backup on twrp if the backup was made on 4ext- THEY ARE NOT CROSS COMPATIBLE

Hey thanks 4 the files. I will be running the RUU soon, but i had a few questions first. first i don't need all the drivers installed on my computer right? like for any reason ( i have windows 8 as i upgraded from windows 7 after achieving s-off and people said not to use win 8). Second for the hboot and 4ext PG86IMG, do i need to rename them to just "PG86IMG" ?? You told me to remove the RUU from the title so i was wondering if i had to do the same here as well...

Hey thanks 4 the files. I will be running the RUU soon, but i had a few questions first. first i don't need all the drivers installed on my computer right? like for any reason ( i have windows 8 as i upgraded from windows 7 after achieving s-off and people said not to use win 8). Second for the hboot and 4ext PG86IMG, do i need to rename them to just "PG86IMG" ?? You told me to remove the RUU from the title so i was wondering if i had to do the same here as well...

all of this will be done from the phone and es file explorer..

download all files put them in a folder..name it fix evo or whatever. don't rename the files yet.

then after they are all in a folder. copy the RUU zip. put it on root of card. Then rename it to PG86IMG. boot to bootloader. perform the RUU.
Then after the RUU runs, it will run again. It does it in two steps if you are on a different hboot than stock. The second time it starts itself.

after it does it's thing and stock ROM boots. download es file explorer and delete that RUU from the root of your zip. DELETE IT.

Then take OTA updates. BOTH of them

then copy and paste the recovery on the root of card and rename to PG86IMG. pull battery ,put back in.. Hold vol down and power until bootloader appears. flash the recovery thru bootloader just like RUU. DELETE file from root of card after.

Then the ROM. My ROM or whatever. Just make sure its capable of booting on hboot 1.58.

then the hboot. rename it and run thru bootloader. bamn done :smokingsomb::smokingsomb::smokingsomb:

all of this will be done from the phone and es file explorer..

download all files put them in a folder..name it fix evo or whatever. don't rename the files yet.

then after they are all in a folder. copy the RUU zip. put it on root of card. Then rename it to PG86IMG. boot to bootloader. perform the RUU.
Then after the RUU runs, it will run again. It does it in two steps if you are on a different hboot than stock. The second time it starts itself.

after it does it's thing and stock ROM boots. download es file explorer and delete that RUU from the root of your zip. DELETE IT.

then copy and paste the recovery on the root of card and rename to PG86IMG. pull battery ,put back in.. Hold vol down and power until bootloader appears. flash the recovery thru bootloader just like RUU. DELETE file from root of card after.

Then the ROM. My ROM or whatever. Just make sure its capable of booting on hboot 1.58.

then the hboot. rename it and run thru bootloader. bamn done :smokingsomb::smokingsomb::smokingsomb:

i did booted into bootloader and it checks for the file (RUU) it says no image or wrong image! then there is a blue bar the loads up from the top right. it takes a while to finish (say 2 mins) then finishes and says
Hboot (in blue highlight)
parsing.... [SD ZIP]
[1] Bootloader
[2] Boot
[3] Recovery
[4] System
and so on to 16
then it says do you want to start update?
<vol up> yes
<vol down> no
i say vol up (yes) then it finished and boots into the unsenseable rom
Edit: nvm booted into bootloader again and it worked. Booting into stock rom as we speak or i type lol

i did booted into bootloader and it checks for the file (RUU) it saus no image or wrong image! then finishes and boots into my the unsenseable rom

Then either its not on the root of the card. or its not named right

do you know what the root of the card means?
:confused:

ok. Not trrying to insult you. Its a common mistake. just wanted to make sure. it must not be named right. Or maybe a bad download of the file???????

Back
Top Bottom