• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] unSENSEable V2.1 |3D|Fast|Lite|Great Battery| Now Overclocking|Buttered Toast| 04/11/13 |

psh, no, okay, go into your rom, and go to all setting in the net-work settings...it's in there. i just cant use the setting part of this feature, because that apk was removed.

that is the virgin/sprint tethering app. If you click it it says " Sprint mobile hotspot active" It will work if you if you pay virgin mobile 15$ /month.

oh, that's weird, because i just side loaded a tethering setting apk, and it works...buggy, because i think it's sense or something related, but works.

give me a few moments, i have to load it from a titanium back-up.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/b1fy0n

those are the apk, and the data i restored from titanium backup.

the apk is at least helpful if you dont use it.

i restored it into the system files, not data files, and it seemingly unlocked that wifi-tether app that is found in the settings of this rom.

odd, it's from a completely different rom to.
before doing this, the settings will force close to modify or activate the tethering....now after it works fine, not great, still a few bugs, but that's probably because it's not odexed for this rom.
yes, it's tested working, logged 64mb/s from my computer, tethering to my phone with working internet.

give me a few moments, i have to load it from a titanium back-up.

Download wifi-hotspot.zip from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

those are the apk, and the data i restored from titanium backup.

the apk is at least helpful if you dont use it.

i restored it into the system files, not data files, and it seemingly unlocked that wifi-tether app that is found in the settings of this rom.

odd, it's from a completely different rom to.
before doing this, the settings will force close to modify or activate the tethering....now after it works fine, not great, still a few bugs, but that's probably because it's not odexed for this rom.
yes, it's tested working, logged 64mb/s from my computer, tethering to my phone with working internet.

the ROM is not odexed

why dont you use the tethering app I included in the ROM?

the ROM is not odexed
oh, my mistake.

regardless, it works as stated, but I'm not exactly sure why or how.

original point is to put that apk in the system on the update you are coming out with. along with others right? lol

that's a good point, and i did, until i noticed the one that was in the settings...then got to fooling around with that one. i was never much for market tether apps, but i keep it, just for safe keepings.

I just flashed it late last night and was trying to drain my battery, woke up with 1% xD. I'll see what happens later. All is good for now at least :). Also something weird happened, the Google + app won't boot for some reason, says connection to server failed. I googled some answers and only came up with formatting my sdcard. I'll try that later though, Google+ isn't a problem to not have.

I drained my battery to see if I could have that problem. It didn't happen. I tried twice. With two different batteries. Like I said before. I wasn't having issues. But the revisions I made to the latest build have made for a better ROM. Faster... lighter... And smooth as silk

I drained my battery to see if I could have that problem. It didn't happen. I tried twice. With two different batteries. Like I said before. I wasn't having issues. But the revisions I made to the latest build have made for a better ROM. Faster... lighter... And smooth as silk

Hmm OK. How's your sdcard? Format it sometimes? I've read a few posts of people fixing some of their problems by formatting it. I should do the same, I have a whole lot of useless files and folders these apps make lol. Once I do that I'll post back if my problems are fixed. (Google+ still isn't working either, and I flashed the newest version of the ROM). Anyways I'll do some digging ;).

I don't know you possibly made this ROM faster?

10qxeef.jpg

Back
Top Bottom