• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme

sammyz did a lot of work on the Optimus M, maybe you could see if he would be inclined to think about working on the M+.
Just PM him, he is all over this forum helping out.

sammyz did a lot of work on the Optimus M, maybe you could see if he would be inclined to think about working on the M+.
Just PM him, he is all over this forum helping out.

There is no base rom....without a base, there's no way to port it. I'm waiting on PG (PlayfulGod) to make a CM7 rom.

It would be hard to compare because there totally different versions and this is very stable where the other is still beta. I personally like the increase in speed but the missing abilities, mainly hd video, can be a major turn off to some.

in the OP it says the USB mass storage bug has been fixed but I have the latest version and I have no USB Mass storage.

I tried to install the USB driver from the LG website here:

LG VM670 Support: Find Manuals & Warranty Info | LG USA

but when I use their support tool to install the driver, it just says my phone isn't connected (even though it is).

I really need to get USB working. Can anyone advise me on this?

Hey everyone. I haven't checked back here in months, but finally did because I haven't seen any updates for my phone. It looks like the development for this ROM is done, where should I go next and what have you guys done? I didn't expect this, but certainly understand it. Thanks...In the mean time I suppose I'll be reading around trying to figure out what to do with my phone.

Hey everyone. I haven't checked back here in months, but finally did because I haven't seen any updates for my phone. It looks like the development for this ROM is done, where should I go next and what have you guys done? I didn't expect this, but certainly understand it. Thanks...In the mean time I suppose I'll be reading around trying to figure out what to do with my phone.

Yea, no updates,but i'm still runnin this rom, i love it. I know many others are still running it as well and a lot of members have several phones running different roms.

I have been wanting to try ICS OR JELLY BEAN but i have no computer or wifi thanks to our great economy, but i'm old school so i'll stick with backside for now. I've gotten some cool themes from here:Digital House of Treats | Our themes were tested on animals. They didn't fit.you should check it out!!!
Or go ahead and flash a new romhttp://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/453389-optimus-v-all-things-root-guide-updated-06-14-2012-a.html you can still count on the great people here for all the help you need.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Yea, no updates,but i'm still runnin this rom, i love it. I know many others are still running it as well and a lot of members have several phones running different roms.

I have been wanting to try ICS OR JELLY BEAN but i have no computer or wifi thanks to our great economy, but i'm old school so i'll stick with backside for now. I've gotten some cool themes from here:Digital House of Treats | Our themes were tested on animals. They didn't fit.you should check it out!!!
Or go ahead and flash a new romhttp://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/453389-optimus-v-all-things-root-guide-updated-06-14-2012-a.html you can still count on the great people here for all the help you need.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Thanks. I am honestly getting sick of this phone, the ROM made it run smoother but I still find it lagging and freezing when opening facebook, and it can happen doing other things. I think I'm gonna swing for the $30 deal on the Kyocera Rise on Black Friday (Target) but if I don't, I will take advantage of the information you've provided me.

Thanks. I am honestly getting sick of this phone, the ROM made it run smoother but I still find it lagging and freezing when opening facebook, and it can happen doing other things. I think I'm gonna swing for the $30 deal on the Kyocera Rise on Black Friday (Target) but if I don't, I will take advantage of the information you've provided me.

I don't know what build your running ,but the 01312012 build has less bugs.

Are you overclocked ...i'm set at 480 min.and 806 Max. With the interactiveX governor, fast and smooth!

They throttled my 3g speeds last month cause i went over my usage, but i kicked up my max to 844 with no ill effects, 3g ran just as if i wasn't throttled! No lagging on this phone.

If your not overclocked you should give it a try. You should start at 480 min and 768 max, use the interactive X gov.
Mine is stable at 844max. But every phone is different

H.T.H.

I don't know what build your running ,but the 01312012 build has less bugs.

Are you overclocked ...i'm set at 480 min.and 806 Max. With the interactiveX governor, fast and smooth!

They throttled my 3g speeds last month cause i went over my usage, but i kicked up my max to 844 with no ill effects, 3g ran just as if i wasn't throttled! No lagging on this phone.

If your not overclocked you should give it a try. You should start at 480 min and 768 max, use the interactive X gov.
Mine is stable at 844max. But every phone is different

H.T.H.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1677709

you will need to modify this portion of the script and save...

from this:
/system/xbin/echo "8192" > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0

to this:
/system/xbin/echo "2048" > /sys/devices/virtual/bdi/179:0

then delete:
05mountsd/06mountdl/11mvdalvik
from system/etc/init.d, and add the now corrected 40ad2sdx

keep in mind that this requires you to have an sd-ext, and this modification should be done via pc, before moving to sd card for flashing... sd-ext size=internal size... fyi, illusion2.3.7 has this already baked in... ;-)

I'd say to hit up Android Central Forums. Phandroid Optimus V forums have evolved into more of a support center, while Android Central is teeming with development. I'm there way more often, while l still lurk around here.

Ditto on the Android Central recommendation. And a newer ROM is definitely worth installing on the OV. The Bobzhome and Quattrimus ICS ROMs are both very good; the Bobz Jelly Bean one also is quite usable, although it does have a few things that need to be fixed.

Do u have them installed if so copy them with root browser or something and upload them if u don't mind

Back
Top Bottom