• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][WIP] BACKside ROM (CM7) + Green Machine Theme

okay so this is my first rom EVER! it was running smooth for a few days then when i try to download apps from the market i keep getting the error "process.media has stopped unexpectedly..." it doesnt finish the download and force closes playstore everytime. i have reflashed the ROM five times at least. Please help!

Sounds like you did not flash Gapps, get them here and flash in recovery, be sure to format cache and delvik-cache and make a backup before flashing.

i did flash gapps. could it not be working because it started off as the old android market and not the newer playstore. should i just reflash everything? also thanks for such a quick reply :)

i did just let it update on it own. i have reflashed everything atleast 5 times in the past 4 or 5 days because of this... ill reflash one last time and let you know what happens. it usually takes about a day for the error to show up.

Go to your app drawer and select terminal emulator.
type in :
su
fix _ permissions
Let it run, when it's done, reboot.

Note : it usually takes about 30 seconds or so.

Also : you should check the md5 sums of your downloads to make sure they weren't corrupt. Don't download any files using 3g ,if possible use pc or wifi.

well i reflashed everything and like i said it takes a day or so for it to start acting up. i ran terminal emulator and entered the codes you said. ill let you guys know what happens. If it starts to act up are there any other good roms you guys suggest?

The thing is this has always been one of the best roms out there for this phone. I'd like to help you get the problem fixed, but if you do want to try some others I can suggest several good ones. Harmonia, Mirage, and tvall's Magpie are excellent Gingerbread roms. Quattrimus and Cold as Ice are the most polished ICS roms. Bobzhome has about the only functional Jelly Bean rom for the OV, but there's still a lot of work to go before it's ready for everyday use.

The thing is this has always been one of the best roms out there for this phone. I'd like to help you get the problem fixed, but if you do want to try some others I can suggest several good ones. Harmonia, Mirage, and tvall's Magpie are excellent Gingerbread roms. Quattrimus and Cold as Ice are the most polished ICS roms. Bobzhome has about the only functional Jelly Bean rom for the OV, but there's still a lot of work to go before it's ready for everyday use.

I totally agree with brotherswing ... if you decide to stick with backside cm7, you should run the 01312012 build here : BACKside-IHO-VM670-01312012.zip this is the most stable of the backside build.

Remember : ALWAYS BACKUP BEFORE YOU FLASH!

GOOD LUCK !!!

well i reflashed everything and like i said it takes a day or so for it to start acting up. i ran terminal emulator and entered the codes you said. ill let you guys know what happens. If it starts to act up are there any other good roms you guys suggest?

You should read this : http://androidforums.com/optimus-v-all-things-root/368034-do-not-factory-reset-your-rooted-phone.html don't worry about the title ... AndyOpie150 has a great tutorial in here for flashing roms and recoverys.

I reflashed to 01312012 so hopefully this works. Only thing that's bugging me so far is theres some random text at the top when on contacts. As long as I don't get the error I'm happy. Keeps you guys updated if it happens again.

Did you check the MD5 sum of your downloaded ROM to make sure it wasn't corrupted? This can cause errors your seeing. Another thing is residual data left over from the last ROM. IHO ROM's are really particular about this. What recovery did you use,and what did you wipe and format?

I've been working on a new build of this for my own use, but I think I'll post it. I'd ask Jerry's permission if I could but he was usually cool about people using BACKside as a base. Even though great progress has been made in ICS and JB on the OV, Gingerbread still has the best hardware support for us.

i just had a very weird thing happen with 01312012... i started up my phone and first i noticed that when i had it plugged in to charge the battery percentage on the lock screen said "sorry try again" then it went black screen i pressed the power button and got a frozen static screen. i pulled out the battery and turned it back on now its frozen...

i just thought i would mention this. i have had my ov for about a year and found out about rooting like 3 months ago and actually rooted it like a week ago. could this be the reason for why its acting up?

Actually, No.
I bought a friends used non rooted V that was over a year old and promptly rooted and put a custom ROM on it. Works better than this one. Keeping it as a spare.
If you used one of the approved recovery's for this ROM, and wiped and formatted everything you should have, after checking the MD5 sum of the zip, it will not give you any problem.

Actually, No.
I bought a friends used non rooted V that was over a year old and promptly rooted and put a custom ROM on it. Works better than this one. Keeping it as a spare.
If you used one of the approved recovery's for this ROM, and wiped and formatted everything you should have, after checking the MD5 sum of the zip, it will not give you any problem.

What's a good recovery? Also how do I check md5?

Back
Top Bottom