• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting questions/TacoROOT issues

You need to get a fully charged battery into the phone. Issue the Tacoroot --undo command, and then start over. Ignore the bootloops next time, as the instructions say.

k i did that a nd got this far and it stiopped and not is is not ther .

C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\android>adb shell
adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *
# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
/sdcard/flash_image: No such file or directory
# chmod 755 /data/flash_image
chmod 755 /data/flash_image
# /data/flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd-eng.img
/data/flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd-eng.img
# adb shell /data/local/tacoroot.sh --undo
adb shell /data/local/tacoroot.sh --undo
adb: not found
#
# adb shell /data/local/tacoroot.sh --undo
adb: not found
#
C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\android>

so now it is nto taking it what do i do now

so now i am back to were i was at the start of this

from the bigging of this this morning

recap

guys i am back and realy need help this time

i genks my self when i asked about bootloops

i started the taco this moring on my wifes and it when straight in to a boot loop right after step 10 what do i do it still going

k well the bat died so i went ahead a pulled it sent's it was dead any wa.

put bat back on an rebooted in to the hboot i can get into the hboot as well as the recovery

so i restarted the phone it go ttow the point to were the rom started to load up with the bar at the bottom of screen then it started the loop again

so i polled the bat again an waited a bit longer to restart and it got that far again but it lasted a bit longer before it started the loop again

so what can i do now

i haven't found any other rooms that are dealing with this issue

can i just do a factory reset from recovery sent the phone is not rooted any way an sent we all know from me last time doing this with my phone that the taco well just reset the phone any way

update i left the batt off for longer this time and wasy able to pull the bar dow to the rom to start loading

so if i leave it alone for a good while is there a chance i can get into the rom long anuff to put the adb shell into the commaned window so maybe it would stableize long a nuff to finish this all

and the last i know was the phone was in charge only and was in usd bugging
Once you get an error message, you should stop there and not continue.

You got one after the first command. It indicates that "flash_image" hasn't been extracted to the root of the sd card. That has to be done first, otherwise that step and the ones following it won't work.

i know the phone is not rooted yet

i got ot step 10 int the taco root

the phone is not rooted so the trouble shooting steps at the bottom have nto applyed to me i dont think cap you sugested that they do please show me or tell me under what heading or step you are reading it at

the phone is in charge only and in the usdbugging mode as far as i know
'

if i do a facry reset well that fix this ? sets teh taco root meth reset the phone any way?

all the files are there i knwo it i put them on there befor i started

what should i do cap. or any one eles

my wife is going ot kill me

k how can i get this to stop bootlooping it gose from the htc white evo screen to the anaimation screen.

over and over .

it start after step 10 when rebooting from the recov area

it is in charge only and usdebugging far as i know

the files were put on sd card befor this all started

how can i get out of this boot loop so i can start over if it i possible

i was asking thows questions

the other ones i was asking is that you were saying that you was telling me

this

As long as the phone is on, even if it's bootlooping, as long as USB debugging is enabled, adb will work fine.

I believe it says that in the TacoRoot instructions

then you said

You need to get a fully charged battery into the phone. Issue the Tacoroot --undo command, and then start over. Ignore the bootloops next time, as the instructions say

so i asked were areyou reading this at. what title heading hus were i read under the bootloop in bold black heading it say after rooting under all that

k how can i get this to stop bootlooping it gose from the htc white evo screen to the anaimation screen.

over and over .

it start after step 10 when rebooting from the recov area

it is in charge only and usdebugging far as i know

the files were put on sd card befor this all started

how can i get out of this boot loop so i can start over if it i possible

i was asking thows questions

the other ones i was asking is that you were saying that you was telling me

this

As long as the phone is on, even if it's bootlooping, as long as USB debugging is enabled, adb will work fine.

I believe it says that in the TacoRoot instructions

then you said

You need to get a fully charged battery into the phone. Issue the Tacoroot --undo command, and then start over. Ignore the bootloops next time, as the instructions say

so i asked were areyou reading this at. what title heading hus were i read under the bootloop in bold black heading it say after rooting under all that
It sounds like the phone is actually rebooting? Not just looping on the boot animation? Try issuing the --undo command like I said.

Even if it's not in the instructions, that's what you need to do ;). I know the instructions and the procedure, so trust me.

k what is the coomand again please

and do i need ot put it in to the command prompt.

even thow it is still looping ?
It's the same as the other Tacoroot commands, just with the "--undo" parameter at the end.

It's in the procedure somewhere for after you flash the misc partition, but doing it now should stabilize your device so you can start over.

Tacoroot --undo

this command right

and i can do it at any time in the android command promt

i can do this while the phone is on an looping or do i need ot what for a certain time or part

Tacoroot --undo

this command right

and i can do it at any time in the android command promt

i can do this while the phone is on an looping or do i need ot what for a certain time or part
The full command is under step 13 in the guide:
Code:
And yes, you do this from the command prompt, and should be able to do it as long as the phone is booted up.

got thank you capt. you are the man the phone is rebooting

god now i am can give thsi back to my wife befor she kills me

i well have ot go to work and give this back to her but i well make sure i have the right files an make sure they are nto curpted on the sd card befor i try this again

what do you think cause that file to not work an throw me into that loop cuz the unzipped fiel si there

got thank you capt. you are the man the phone is rebooting

god now i am can give thsi back to my wife befor she kills me

i well have ot go to work and give this back to her but i well make sure i have the right files an make sure they are nto curpted on the sd card befor i try this again

what do you think cause that file to not work an throw me into that loop cuz the unzipped fiel si there
Again, the bootloop isn't an issue. TacoRoot can cause instability, but it doesn't affect the running of the commands. As long as the files are where they're supposed to be, it should be fine. I've done it several times, and it works fine. I never even look at the phone. So, just ignore it, as long as you get the proper output at the command prompt.

humm well i did inter them right from my knowlage but perhaves i didnt

but when i redo this again and it starts doing it again u are saying just just ignore it even thow the steps say wait tell the phone is boot back up fuly up all they way

Back
Top Bottom