• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting questions/TacoROOT issues

so in a sens i need when i get a rom

i need not not lonely get a kernal or the curnal if recommend when getting the rom i also needot get a govnor zip flash

no, no. lol governors as well as profiles will be set in setcpu. all the talk about tweeking the kernel is done thru setcpu or any other scaling app out there, but setcpu is the best IMHO. read the setcpu guide. it should explain it all there.

and i also read ther yo can not onlyget roms youcan get scems or profles and wlpapers an skiins ect nwo thought most of that was built in ot the roms

wallpapers is all you. you can change that to anything you want. scenes and skins will depend on what rom you are on, but you can probably get most depending on the rom if you like. for mods, themes, and custiomizations i would go to EVO 4G Themes and Apps - xda-developers. plenty of cool stuff there. just keep in mind that themes are rom specific.

k i down loaded the setcpu it says

it going back an forth from 998 to 245

it says under that 998max 245 min

governor smartass

schedl deadline

k have areal question
ther eis not a thread or room for this one

i have been looking around on the xda site looking at boot animation

some of this do not have how do put them on phone

do you guys have the steps on how ot do that

and some also have sound as well well i need ot get that as well as the animation

k have areal question
ther eis not a thread or room for this one

i have been looking around on the xda site looking at boot animation

some of this do not have how do put them on phone

do you guys have the steps on how ot do that

and some also have sound as well well i need ot get that as well as the animation
bootanimations well the process can be a bit more complicated. it really depends on the rom.

here is a guide on how to create your own:
[ROM] Unofficial CM9 for Supersonic Nightlies - xda-developers

as far as how to install one, well it will depend on which one it is. some are really old over on xda and thus some may not work with the current software. others that are named hTC_bootanimation.zip are done a certain way. for those here are the instructions. hit the show button for info:

before you do anything please make a nandroid backup. just in case something goes wrong you can always go back and restore

1.you will need a file manager. es is a great free one, but root explorer is much better because you will need to do a search for a certain file. and root explorer has a nice feature where you can search on the system partition for it.

2.download the file and rename it so that it is named hTC_bootanimation. then move it to the card.

3.with root explorer find the bootanimation file you want and copy it.

4.do a search for the same file name (hTC_bootanimation)

5.rename the found file do something different. i do not like deleting just incase something goes wrong, you can easily rename it. (i would rename it by changing the .zip extension to .bat)

6.paste the file you copied earlier.

and hopefully that should work.

dont knwo just the one that was told when i got the mikmik one i guess
that is the anthrax kernel. you will need to remember what rom and kernel you have so that if and when you run into trouble those helping might need that info.

stock radios or radios are freqency right
not sure what you mean?

lol....it just took me 10 minutes to find exactly how to install bootanimation and guess what I ran across?! It was ocn's post from Aug 22, 2011 which ocn just posted above.
Funny..:p
http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all-things-root/401030-custom-boot-animation.html

Ocn, you are quick.!

lol i could not find that post. thanx. i was trying to search for it. i guess your better at searching. LOL

thanx for posting as it looks i have missed some important info there. thanx.

Ok thanks. My HTC 4g phone dies to quick what can i do? is there an app that i can use to make it last longer...
How quick is quick?
Battery life depends alot on the phone and what you do.
What is your screen brightness set at.
How often do things sync in the background.
How often do you roam.
How old is your battery?
Do you play alot of games or surf the internet alot?
Could have some wakelock issue?
And many more things affect batter life.
Are you rooted now?
There is an app I use call Juice Defender which will help.
You can grab it from the play store and read about it.:)

How quick is quick?
Battery life depends alot on the phone and what you do.
What is your screen brightness set at.
How often do things sync in the background.
How often do you roam.
How old is your battery?
Do you play alot of games or surf the internet alot?
Could have some wakelock issue?
And many more things affect batter life.
Are you rooted now?
There is an app I use call Juice Defender which will help.
You can grab it from the play store and read about it.:)

Well I play alot of games. My phone is rooted now. Idk how old my battery is because i have a refurbish one.

Well I play alot of games. My phone is rooted now. Idk how old my battery is because i have a refurbish one.
O.k..tell you what, start a new thread because this one is long and about something else.
Name you thread something like....bad battery life, any tips?
That way you have your own thread and we will go from there.:D

k guys i am back and realy need help this time

i genks my self when i asked about bootloops

i started the taco this moring on my wifes and it when straight in to a boot loop right after step 10 what do i do it still going

k well teh bat died so i went ahead a pulled ti sents it was dead any way .

put bat back on an rebooted in to the hboot i can get ino t the hboot as well as teh recovery

so i restarted teh phoen it go tto the point to twere the rom started to load up with the bar at the bottum of screen then it started teh loop again

so i polled the bat again an waited a bit longer ot restart and it got that far again but it lasted a bit longer befor it started the loop again

so what can ido now

i havent found any other rooms that are dealing with this issue

can i just do a factory reset from recovery sent the phone is not rooted any way an sent we all knwo from me last time doing this with my phone that the taco well just reset the phone any way

update i loeft teh batt off for longer this tiem and wasy able to pull the bar dow to the rom to start loading

so if i leave it alone fo ra good while is there a chance i can get inot the rom long anuff to put the adb shell inot the commaned window so maybe it would stableize long a nuff ot finish this all

k well teh bat died so i went ahead a pulled ti sents it was dead any way .

put bat back on an rebooted in to the hboot i can get ino t the hboot as well as teh recovery

so i restarted teh phoen it go tto the point to twere the rom started to load up with the bar at the bottum of screen then it started teh loop again

so i polled the bat again an waited a bit longer ot restart and it got that far again but it lasted a bit longer befor it started the loop again

so what can ido now

i havent found any other rooms that are dealing with this issue

can i just do a factory reset from recovery sent the phone is not rooted any way an sent we all knwo from me last time doing this with my phone that the taco well just reset the phone any way

update i loeft teh batt off for longer this tiem and wasy able to pull the bar dow to the rom to start loading

so if i leave it alone fo ra good while is there a chance i can get inot the rom long anuff to put the adb shell inot the commaned window so maybe it would stableize long a nuff ot finish this all
As long as the phone is on, even if it's bootlooping, as long as USB debugging is enabled, adb will work fine.

I believe it says that in the TacoRoot instructions.

Back
Top Bottom