• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting questions/TacoROOT issues

o.k. gotcha, well if you don't remember doing this step-- step 2 How to get Recovery---then you will for sure need to do it before flashing a rom.
So before you flash a rom, go back to step 2:)
Sorry i done step 2 ADB command method the 2.3 recovery.

I just dont know what to click on when i do the nandroid backup. there are many files in there do i just go with the ones that are selected already.

Sorry i done step 2 ADB command method the 2.3 recovery.

I just dont know what to click on when i do the nandroid backup. there are many files in there do i just go with the ones that are selected already.

Ah, very good,very good then.
I would check the first 3 then, let me think, um, I think the only thing I leave un-checked it cache. You can check everything else. Maybe, to help me remember cuz I use a different recovery, is post the options so I can remember.
Thanks, :D

Ah, very good,very good then.
I would check the first 3 then, let me think, um, I think the only thing I leave un-checked it cache. You can check everything else. Maybe, to help me remember cuz I use a different recovery, is post the options so I can remember.
Thanks, :D
Ok there is:
boot
system
data
cache
recovery
wimax
sd-ext
.android_secure

Ok there is:
boot
system
data
cache
recovery
wimax
sd-ext
.android_secure
Nice, thanks...
check these then...
boot system data recovery wimax .android_secure.
If your sd card is partitioned (and if you dont know, then its not), dont worry about checking sd-ext.
If you check cache, it wont hurt. I personally dont. But that's me.
If you happen to check sd-ext, it will skip that if not found, don't worry.
Then click to confirm,,,it may take several minutes to backup.

Thank you so much and I do have one more question I cant find the file MikG v3.11 that I downloaded and put in my sd card folder. What can I do to find my rom?
No problem. If you are sure you put it on your sd card, and you cant find it, it may be in a folder. Do you remeber the folder? If not you can go thru the folders and look while in recovery.
Or are you wondering how to find it? Highlight flash from zip, or it might say flash zip from sd card, push power to select, and the sd card contents will show.
But remember to wipe wipe wipe wipe....wipe all except sd card, no wipe sd card.
If you are not sure about anything, ask! It will save headaches later...I'll be here:)

hey it is me again

do i need the titanium back up pro version

cuz it is saying sent i d/l the app. that the things i try to frezzz it says that it can only be done in the donate version so what do i need ot odo just buy the pro version

hey it is me again

do i need the titanium back up pro version

cuz it is saying sent i d/l the app. that the things i try to frezzz it says that it can only be done in the donate version so what do i need ot odo just buy the pro version
If you want to freeze apps, then yes you need to purchase the "Pro Key"
Do not uninstall your current TB, you just need to purchase the Pro key and it will unlock that feature.
I do recommend it, it's worth the money.:)
And when you freeze something, and your phone acts funny, you can unfreeze it. Then you know that particular app should not be messed with.
Do not freeze system apps tho. Never tried it, but I dont think freezing a system app is a good idea....just user apps.

as a person that has a rom or rooting a cust rom what ever you want ocall it can i cust my own rom ?

and do you have any other site or apps you think would be helpful to me sents i am a bigner at this ?

do you recommend any roms or kernals ?

as a person that has a rom or rooting a cust rom what ever you want ocall it can i cust my own rom ?

and do you have any other site or apps you think would be helpful to me sents i am a bigner at this ?

do you recommend any roms or kernals ?
I answered that same question in post 267.
I would recommend MikG 3.11..
MikG v3.11 [3/9/2012]
Use the full wipe version.
Let that rom run a few days then think about the Anthrax kernel for it.
:)

if i get the key to the tb then if i wip my phone or chenge roms and lose it then how doi get it back
Once you buy TB Pro, and you switch roms, download the free version and the pro version from the market....google will remember you purchased it already but be sure to download both or it wont work.
Just also remember before you switch roms, back up your apps with TB then you can restore them on the next rom with TB....follow?;)

I check everywhere in the flash zip from sdcard and could not find the file. what would happin if i download it again and put it on my sd card. There is going to be 2 of them..

I check everywhere in the flash zip from sdcard and could not find the file. what would happin if i download it again and put it on my sd card. There is going to be 2 of them..
Well, if there is 2 of them, then just find the 1 and use it.
Put in on the root (not in any folder) of sd card.
Are you still in recovery?
You can stay there and still put MikG zip on sd card.
Download Mikg to computer.
Plug phone into computer.
While in recovery, find the "usb ms/toggle"...hi light it and select it....this will allow you to transfer mikg from computer to phone's sd card.
When done transfering, click on "usb/ms toggle" to unmount phone from computer....wait a couple seconds and unplug phone..
Then you should easily find the MikG ROM.

Edit: it doesn't matter if you have 10 copies of rom on sd card...you just need one. lol

Well, if there is 2 of them, then just find the 1 and use it.
Put in on the root (not in any folder) of sd card.
Are you still in recovery?
You can stay there and still put MikG zip on sd card.
Download Mikg to computer.
Plug phone into computer.
While in recovery, find the "usb ms/toggle"...hi light it and select it....this will allow you to transfer mikg from computer to phone's sd card.
When done transfering, click on "usb/ms toggle" to unmount phone from computer....wait a couple seconds and unplug phone..
Then you should easily find the MikG ROM.

Edit: it doesn't matter if you have 10 copies of rom on sd card...you just need one. lol
Thank you so much you really know what you are talking about.

MIKESTONEY IS THE MAN AROUND THESE PARTS!!!!!!!!

youreawesome.jpg

now when i d/l thows three files one was a kernal i think so should i change the hernal then
not sure what three files you are talking about. is it the rom, kernel, and superwipe?
and wants the rom has settled is is safe to update the apps
yes
sorry i think this is the kernal you are talking about

Download the AnthraX kernel found here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/63060876/EVO%204G/AnthraX-2.6.38.8-REV_zzzTESTzzz009.zip

and yes that is the anthrax kernel.

k when flashing or using the kernal is it supost to come with a app to log in to it cuz this anthrx dose not so how would i make ajustments to it if i wanted to

Back
Top Bottom