• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting questions/TacoROOT issues

quick question capt.

during my readings an dwatching you tube i have noticed that it always say do wipe thows three things
why is that ?

and eveyr time i do a new rom do i always have to do it in that order and by that i mean

well i always have to use these to files

select superwipe file and flash it
Your phone will reboot

Reboot back into recovery
wipe dalvik cache & cache and then flash Anthrax and reboot

am i going to keep then an just checge the rom file when i do this or well every rom have all three that have to be doen

k done the step that ws intruct to do nwo what

sorry but i have not follow the more recent posts. what exactly are you trying to do? if it is flashing a rom then here is what you need to do:

1.make a nandroid backup
2.wipe everything but the sd card(which looks like you just did)
3.then flash the rom.

and once everything is set back up with titanium backup and you have everything set the way you like it, i would make another nandroid backup.

i have been using this new rom for like a hour or so an not to inpressed with it like some features but some ccould do with out . please dont take that as a sign of raggin or any thin g

well how dose the titaum back work if you wipe the rom you are on to anther one it is not going ot be on the new rom ?

and my other ? was so every time i change roms i well have ot re do my gmail an google stuff right
and my wifi to my home network ?

i have been using this new rom for like a hour or so an not to inpressed with it like some features but some ccould do with out . please dont take that as a sign of raggin or any thin g

well how dose the titaum back work if you wipe the rom you are on to anther one it is not going ot be on the new rom ?

and my other ? was so every time i change roms i well have ot re do my gmail an google stuff right
and my wifi to my home network ?
When you flash a new rom, download TB from the market and also the TB pro key if you purchased TB. Then use TB to re-install user apps only...not system apps....I usually install the apps but no data....

Also after every rom flash, yes you will have to sign into google to sync your email and contacts....it will automatically do that.

Yes you will have to sign into your home wifi to access wifi.

during my readings an dwatching you tube i have noticed that it always say do wipe thows three things
why is that ?

and eveyr time i do a new rom do i always have to do it in that order and by that i mean

Your phone will reboot

am i going to keep then an just chenge the rom file when i do this or well every rom have all three that have to be doen

sent capt. an rexot suggested that rom i have started on and with do guys sugguest any and kernals and any other sights that have not been suggest durin gthis process

why is that ?

Your phone will reboot

am i going to keep then an just chenge the rom file when i do this or well every rom have all three that have to be doen

Like ocn said in his post 253....
If you want to flash a rom.....(this is what I do.)
1. Download rom of choice and put on sd card...(not in a folder, just on sdcard)...backup apps with TB.
2. Boot into recovery.
3. Make nandroid backup.
4. Wipe cache, dalvik, boot, system, data, sd-ext, sd-andoid secure and wipe everything else there EXCEPT SD CARD. I manually wipe all, except sd card, 3 times.
5. Flash rom...custom roms usually have their own kernel.
6. Let rom settle for about 10 minutes before waking up phone and signing into google, etc.

k mybe i am not being clear let me ask a diff way

k i am asking 2 things from the steps do i always have to clear that stuff or can i just leave it an not do it?

and do i need to keep this 2 files and use them in the steps that was give to me and just put a diff rom in it place

or with each rom has it own steps an files

Download the AnthraX kernel found here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/63060876/EVO%204G/AnthraX-2.6.38.8-REV_zzzTESTzzz009.zip

Download superwipe found here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/63060876/EVO%204G/ZZZVR_SUPERWIPE.zip

what if i dont want ot buy the tb what dose it do with it just being free ?

k mybe i am not being clear let me ask a diff way

k i am asking 2 things from the steps do i always have to clear that stuff or can i just leave it an not do it?

and do i need to keep this 2 files and use them in the steps that was give to me and just put a diff rom in it place

or with each rom has it own steps an files

Download the AnthraX kernel found here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/63060876/EVO%204G/AnthraX-2.6.38.8-REV_zzzTESTzzz009.zip

Download superwipe found here:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/63060876/EVO%204G/ZZZVR_SUPERWIPE.zip

what if i dont want ot buy the tb what dose it do with it just being free ?
o.k....each custom rom will usually have its own kernel...dont worry about Anthrax for now.....Just read the op about the rom and it will tell you what is has and what is has working.
The superwipe is a zip file that helps with wiping before a rom flash. I personally do not use it...I do it myself manually. Superwipe will wipe things, but not all things, 3 times. Like I said, I dont use it...but that's me.:)
And yes, before each rom install, wipe, wipe, wipe, in recovery...wipe all except sd card, then flash rom....
Does that help your question?:)

Edit: The paid version of TB will do things such as install/backup apps in "batches" vs. the free version you have to do 1 at a time....(among other things)

and my wife wants to knwo this question sent this rom is like the last one and the gingerbread 2.3.5 some of the apps are the same on here that have been on every one like the app peeps and facebook and foot preents ect... are these apps permanet are they space filler or what are they sents they are the same on every one . if roms are cust why are they still there are they inbeded or ursshail to the adrod software

yes it dose help thanks

as a person that has a rom or rooting a cust rom what ever you want ocall it can i cust my own rom ?

and do you have any other site or apps you think would be helpful to me sents i am a bigner at this ?

do you recommend any roms or kernals ?

and my wife wants to knwo this question sent this rom is like the last one and the gingerbread 2.3.5 some of the apps are the same on here that have been on every one like the app peeps and facebook and foot preents ect... are these apps permanet are they space filler or what are they sents they are the same on every one . if roms are cust why are they still there are they inbeded or ursshail to the adrod software

Most Roms will have those preinstalled ..they are not permanent.. in the paid version of TB you can freeze them and then you won't see them

yes it dose help thanks

as a person that has a rom or rooting a cust rom what ever you want ocall it can i cust my own rom ?

and do you have any other site or apps you think would be helpful to me sents i am a bigner at this ?

do you recommend any roms or kernals ?
When you say custom your own rom , do you mean make your own?
Yes but it takes significant knowledge of Android which few people have.
Developers make custom roms and are very smart indeed. I totally lack that knowledge....however, you can customize your rom by installing different themes/fonts/icons....the list is endless. Just read read read my friend.
I will post some informative links. The best links are the links that have the rom op...it will have different mods/themes etc.

when i unlock my phone should i turn the S on or off
If you follow the htc dev method you will be unlocked, s-on.
That is sufficient to flash roms/kernels etc.
Being s-off is a little more involved, just click on the Capt method and it will describe more for you.
As far as s-on or s-off, it will show what you are automatically.

I have another question it said that the superwipe was optional what if i didnt download it?
Nothing, superwipe is helpful in that it will auto wipe some things 3 times.
I personally dont use it as I wipe manually. Old school, I guess.:)
And superwipe is done in recovery before a rom flash btw

Do you have a custom recovery installed and the superuser installed?
Nandroid backups are made in recovery.
Just want to be sure you have recovery first before I list the steps k?;)
no i do not have a custom recovery installed but i do think i have superuser installed. how can i check?

no i do not have a custom recovery installed but i do think i have superuser installed. how can i check?
o.k..let me ask you this...are you following this guide?

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...-rooting-gingerbread-2-3-5-dummies-guide.html

If so, then I dont see where it says make a nandroid backup in htc dev.:confused:
After completion of the HTC dev method, step 2 would be to install custom recovery, then step 3 is to install superuser.
I guess I'm trying to figure out what step you are on and/or what steps you have completed.;)

o.k..let me ask you this...are you following this guide?

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...-rooting-gingerbread-2-3-5-dummies-guide.html

If so, then I dont see where it says make a nandroid backup in htc dev.:confused:
After completion of the HTC dev method, step 2 would be to install custom recovery, then step 3 is to install superuser.
I guess I'm trying to figure out what step you are on and/or what steps you have completed.;)

I am on step 3 flash a rom number 4

Back
Top Bottom