• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting questions/TacoROOT issues

humm well i did inter them right from my knowlage but perhaves i didnt

but when i redo this again and it starts doing it again u are saying just just ignore it even thow the steps say wait tell the phone is boot back up fuly up all they way
This is what the guide says:

10.the phone should boot up again and in the command window type
Code:
Code:
adb shell /data/local/tacoroot.sh --root
your phone will eventually reboot itself. once it does that your phone will be very unstable, but you will be able to use adb.
(bold mine)

I'm not sure where you read that the phone will need to be booted up fully. It does however says that the phone will reboot, and that it will be unstable, but that adb will work fine.

dont realy remver i saw it just reamber reading a guide that says to wait tell the phone has back back up and running

no worries

but again if it loops again just ot ignore it an keep going

right

dont realy remver i saw it just reamber reading a guide that says to wait tell the phone has back back up and running

no worries

but again if it loops again just ot ignore it an keep going

right
Right.

I would print out the procedure from ocn's thread and have a hard copy with you to follow along with, and then as you do each step, check off the items and make sure you've done everything exactly as written. That should help.

do you knwo why it would say or says that my flash img was nto there or been extracted cuz i am looking at it now on the sd card and it si the

still haven probs again with e the same isssue was haven other day i get to the step for the adb shell and it starts to go and do a boot loop

come on guys i need your help with this thing again i am doing my wifes for and as you can read form above i was having porobs with it an capt. helped me get it back up but i am still having issues i have redownloased alll the files an have started fresh and doing every thing by the numbers and i still having issues starting here

her eare teh commands i enter

C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\andriod>adb push tacoroot.sh /data/local/
adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *
297 KB/s (2129 bytes in 0.007s)
C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\andriod>adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tacoroot.sh
C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\andriod>adb shell /data/local/tacoroot.sh --setup
TacoRoot: HTC Edition v1
By Justin Case (jcase)
Presented by TeamAndIRC, RootzWiki and AndroidPolice
With great assistance from Reid Holland (Erishasnobattery)
----------
TacoRoot: HTC Edition v1 is based on a vulnerability independently discovered by
both Justin Case and Dan Rosenberg (Rosenberg first). I believe unrevoked and
AlpahRev were also aware of it.
----------
Usage:
--recovery : For this exploit to work, you must have booted recovery at least on
ce after your last factory reset.
--setup : Setup the phone for root, must be done before --root.
--root : Root the phone.
--undo : Remove TacoRoot.
----------
Rebooting into recovery, please press Volume+, Volume- and Power at the same tim
e, and reboot the system.
rm failed for /data/data/recovery/log, No such file or directory
C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\andriod>adb shell /data/local/tacoroot.sh --root
TacoRoot: HTC Edition v1
By Justin Case (jcase)
Presented by TeamAndIRC, RootzWiki and AndroidPolice
With great assistance from Reid Holland (Erishasnobattery)
----------
TacoRoot: HTC Edition v1 is based on a vulnerability independently discovered by
both Justin Case and Dan Rosenberg (Rosenberg first). I believe unrevoked and
AlpahRev were also aware of it.
----------
Usage:
--recovery : For this exploit to work, you must have booted recovery at least on
ce after your last factory reset.
--setup : Setup the phone for root, must be done before --root.
--root : Root the phone.
--undo : Remove TacoRoot.
----------
Rebooting into root.
C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\andriod>
C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\andriod>adb shell
# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
/sdcard/flash_image: No such file or directory
# chmod 755 /data/flash_image
chmod 755 /data/flash_image
# /data/flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd-eng.img
/data/flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd-eng.img
# adb shell /data/local/tacoroot.sh --undo
adb shell /data/local/tacoroot.sh --undo
adb: not found
#

i have made sure that all files are in proper spot

all have been unzipped

filles are in folders and on sd card as they are supost to be

Do you have a screenshot of the flash_image file on the SD card? I think I asked for that before, but I haven't seen it. That's where your problem appears to be. Either the file isn't extracted, or it didn't extract properly. That seems to be the root of your current problem.

The boot animation loops are a non-issue for this portion of the process.

to all osrry for the panick

but i i redownloaded all the files i put there were tehy was suppost to be. why the phone keeps doing the loop i do not know

how ever the commands i left out the poart that if it did not work or fiel ws nto found on that step then to reopen teh comd window an try again i di dthat dotn knwo why i keep leaving that out so again it seammed to be working

now capt. i can give you a screen shoot if that is what you want. i did as you said even thow it is still doing the boot looa i went ahead an finished the stepps it seam to take i think

then i got ot the part guys were it is now not reading the pc36 file on the card thsi happen with my phone it took me like rebooting it that same step like 100 times for it to finly take if you like to go back an read from my phone problems you can or ask the other guys lol .

so any thoughts

again sorry for the me getting panic wife was standing over my shoulder complaning that i broke it

ok so it still looks like your flash image file is the one holding you up. have you tried and redownload it? and you are sure that you are extracting it correctly?

sorry cat. what screen shot would you like an i well get that u for you

and update i went to my parnts inlaws house and did every thing fresh as can bee . i even whiped the sd card on her phone and i still have a prob with that flash img file think that the file were the file is stored for people to download is curped or somthing cuz the same thing happens

it says same thign the flash file or img there is not such file

sorry cat. what screen shot would you like an i well get that u for you

and update i went to my parnts inlaws house and did every thing fresh as can bee . i even whiped the sd card on her phone and i still have a prob with that flash img file think that the file were the file is stored for people to download is curped or somthing cuz the same thing happens

it says same thign the flash file or img there is not such file
Try re-downloading the files from here:

Attachments - Android Forums

should i just d/l the flash.img file that i need that is giving me the trouble and try it with that one or shoul di try using all of them

Back
Top Bottom