• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting questions/TacoROOT issues

k you tell me how to do a screen shot and that be the next thing i post cuz i try to give you a print screen shot and it well not past in this window in the forum

k here is the file of the sd card shot as ou can see they are there however they are to me look blank

and this are the ones that i was told to from capt. when her saig get them from here in his form attachment

that s is the first image

second image is what i have downloaded on to pc before transfering to sd card.

the third and four is after i have downloaded the mtd file and the flash file and unzipped or extracted them fully and what ws inside.

Capture1.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG

now thos files have not chaged in the last 10 times i have downloaded them

the only time they were diff was the first time i downloaded them to do this with my phone

i deleted all the files i used to do mine an redownloaded thme and thats when this all started

i dotn have the org any more i delted them

and t they looked like the ones i was asked if they looked like the ones that was posted earler

now when i went to my inlaws and tryed this they looked like the ones that you guys posted but they didnt work

All these issues you are having, I'm sure are frustrating to say the least. I can only imagine what you are going thru.:(
And I'm sure you are out to beat this thing but seeing as Taco Root is giving you h, did you ever consider the HTCdev method? Just throwing it out there.:confused::)

if the files worked with my phone and they downloaded them right the first time wiht my phone

why are they not now what makes this all so diff this time with my wifes pheon

and why dose her gose in to that loop that i have been talking about when i hit that step f.y.i i posted the commds an reply to the commands from last night if any one want ot read them

yeah i'm not sure what is going on. the file looks like it extracted fine. it looks like it is in the right spot on the card. the files should be fine as a few other people have been able to use the same files with no issues. so i'm at a loss as to why you are having this issue while other have not. maybe you can try the captain's method as well(but it uses the very same flash.img file).

the loop is part of the unstability i mention in the guide. i will add something about bootloops into the guide to avoid future confusion.

the thought did cross my mind but thought i try this one last time
I completely understand that frame of mind, but you have 2 of THE best people, Capt and ocn, trying to help you figure this out.
Something, somewhere, is not working and after 400 something posts about it, I am at a loss and for that I am sorry.:(
Just for giggles, try it, you may be pleased and you can always continue later with the Capt's method for getting completely s-off.:)
I don't want to push you into it, just a helpful suggestion sir.:D
Please don't think I am mad, because I am far from it. Just frustrated that I cannot help you.:rolleyes:

you had mention capt. and the dev method

looks like both of thows use the same files so it would stand to reason that i would run into the same issue

not sure. but the HTCdev method does not use the flash .img file. you just need the android folder setup with the three files to get adb setup.

however, the flash.img file is the same as the taco root method.

right so it would stand to reason that if the file i keep downloading from veriouse sources is bad or somthing is wrong with ti then if i just use it in that other meth it would stand to reson i would hit some kinda block or wal int th other meths

let me ask this doyou gusy still have yoru flash img. files that i am having probs with maybe if you gusy still had ours that you used and they worked then if it was possable you could email them to me an i can try to use them that way

Back
Top Bottom