• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting questions/TacoROOT issues

k thies files that i d/l form your attachment look black here is a screen shoot

k cant get th print screen to work but when you unzi the file and you open it the ffile icon that is nesxt to the file info is blank there is nothing on it like black page i dont rember it being that way when i did my phone

and f y i

this is the say way i was d/l it the last three time i have been haven trouble with it

k thies files that i d/l form your attachment look black here is a screen shoot

k cant get th print screen to work but when you unzi the file and you open it the ffile icon that is nesxt to the file info is blank there is nothing on it like black page i dont rember it being that way when i did my phone

and f y i

this is the say way i was d/l it the last three time i have been haven trouble with it
After extraction, does it look like this?

also i wiped teh card and every time now that i go in to the boot loader or hboot it still trying ot read teh pc3 file why is that

and i go tthe files this time from cat. as you can see from teh room

so i dont know now what to do

dont see how it worked fo rme with my phone but not with hers

and still didi it again when i went to my inlows how ever mtd file showed a disk in teh little icon next to it in the file name like it i did in the one you jus tposted in teh room and asked me to look at it they way they was in that it looked that way at my inlws i tryed it over there and did it from scratch as i said in a earlyer post in here but the flash sitll didnt work

and still didi it again when i went to my inlows how ever mtd file showed a disk in teh little icon next to it in the file name like it i did in the one you jus tposted in teh room and asked me to look at it they way they was in that it looked that way at my inlws i tryed it over there and did it from scratch as i said in a earlyer post in here but the flash sitll didnt work
Do you have usb debugging checked and fastboot unchecked? And phone set to charge only?
And both files on root of sd card?

and it seams that when i get to that same part step 10 and 11 in the taco root guide that the phone when the phone powers back up it gose to the htc evo white screen logo then gose to the 4g animation and the loops over and over

so capt said to keep going cuz i still get the number sign so i i do then i get ot step 12 to enter teh flash img cmd thats were it tell me that the file is not here or the file was bad

again if you read the earler post to catch up i have wiped her sd card to make sure ther e is nothing there

i have deleted every file and re downloaded them sev times to make sure i have done them right

i have confirmed that the fies are on the sd card

have confirmed the htc syn is d/l an instialed

have confirmed that all fiels are in the 4 folders android folder

have confirm that the phone is on charge only and usdugging is on

i have even waited every time the phone has started up from the reboots that it is up an running all the way back to the home screen

and it seams that when i get to that same part step 10 and 11 in the taco root guide that the phone when the phone powers back up it gose to the htc evo white screen logo then gose to the 4g animation and the loops over and over

so capt said to keep going cuz i still get the number sign so i i do then i get ot step 12 to enter teh flash img cmd thats were it tell me that the file is not here or the file was bad
So you are entering these commands from step 12 while the phone is bootlooping??

yes capt said it was ok to do it so thats what i have been doing but i dotn knwo why it starts to do the looping cuz it didnt do it with mine

yes capt said it was ok to do it so thats what i have been doing but i dotn knwo why it starts to do the looping cuz it didnt do it with mine
I did see his post 349 about the bootlooping, and I dont doubt him but I didn't see anything in the tacoroot instructions about boot-looping, just phone will reboot.:confused:
When you phone wants to bootloop constantly, did you run the undo option in step 13?

yes that is why i have been able to keep trying this the undo works just fine just trying ot get the flash thing ot work again

you want me to runn it again an sshowyou the replys to my commds as they are entered

yes that is why i have been able to keep trying this the undo works just fine just trying ot get the flash thing ot work again

you want me to runn it again an sshowyou the replys to my commds as they are entered
Sir, I would love to see that but I REALLY need to go to bed.
I have to get up early for work, so I am sorry but hopefully someone else will come in and help ok? Sorry:(, but I will check in tomorrow k?
Dont lose hope.
Perhaps just on her phone use the HTCdev method.
You may have better luck w/that:)

on step 9 rebooting from recovery here are the cmds and replys

C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\android>adb push tacoroot.sh /data/local/
adb server is out of date. killing...
* daemon started successfully *
49 KB/s (2129 bytes in 0.042s)
C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\android>adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tacoroot.sh
C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\android>adb shell /data/local/tacoroot.sh --setup
TacoRoot: HTC Edition v1
By Justin Case (jcase)
Presented by TeamAndIRC, RootzWiki and AndroidPolice
With great assistance from Reid Holland (Erishasnobattery)
----------
TacoRoot: HTC Edition v1 is based on a vulnerability independently discovered by
both Justin Case and Dan Rosenberg (Rosenberg first). I believe unrevoked and
AlpahRev were also aware of it.
----------
Usage:
--recovery : For this exploit to work, you must have booted recovery at least on
ce after your last factory reset.
--setup : Setup the phone for root, must be done before --root.
--root : Root the phone.
--undo : Remove TacoRoot.
----------
Rebooting into recovery, please press Volume+, Volume- and Power at the same tim
e, and reboot the system.
C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\android>

step 10

C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\android>adb shell /data/local/tacoroot.sh --root
TacoRoot: HTC Edition v1
By Justin Case (jcase)
Presented by TeamAndIRC, RootzWiki and AndroidPolice
With great assistance from Reid Holland (Erishasnobattery)
----------
TacoRoot: HTC Edition v1 is based on a vulnerability independently discovered by
both Justin Case and Dan Rosenberg (Rosenberg first). I believe unrevoked and
AlpahRev were also aware of it.
----------
Usage:
--recovery : For this exploit to work, you must have booted recovery at least on
ce after your last factory reset.
--setup : Setup the phone for root, must be done before --root.
--root : Root the phone.
--undo : Remove TacoRoot.
----------
Rebooting into root.
C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\android>

phone is now in loop after teh 4g animation

loop consit of going form the start up htc evo 4g with white back ground to the 4g animation this gose in a loop over and over

step 11

C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\android>adb shell
#

got the number sign so far so good

step 12

C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\android>adb shell
# cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
/sdcard/flash_image: No such file or directory
#

this is it so far

so you tellme what should i do

I really need that screenshot to be able to help you. There's something we're missing, and unfortunately we're just going in circles because we can't see what the files look like on your card. The prompt says the file isn't there, you say it is. We really need to see the files on the card to understand why the adb shell thinks the file isn't there.

Before you do anything else, get us that screenshot, and we should have some useful feedback to offer.

Back
Top Bottom