• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting questions/TacoROOT issues

asi stated in post bleave 668

k well i am now on software 2.2

and baseband 2.15.00.11.19

k i tryed doing one of the unrevoked guides and it say that my phone software is not supported or something like that so now what do i do

guess i was dong the wrong guid cuz there is like 100 off them so i belave i found the right one

theni stated that i beleave i am were i need ot be in the guide i need to be in how ever the unrevoed 3 is to be what i am using and in the guide it states that it well be instailing a clockwork mod recov in steat of teh ra recov . my question was is this reight ?

and do i go ahead and let it do that then when i am done and full rooted then go an do teh ra recov ?

i belave i did this part with the taco but sent i dont rember from last year and all that trouble i went threw with that one i dotn rember if tha twas part of the process or not

right an now the guid says that it welll od clockwork and not ra that is my issue cap

there is say in the pic under it all at last line that is using clockwork recov

Attachments

• pic10.jpg
    pic10.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 43
right an now the guid says that it welll od clockwork and not ra that is my issue cap

there is say in the pic under it all at last line that is using clockwork recov

if you skip to post 668 you can get amon ra vs clockwork mod as what captain throwback just posted before you did.

and nice to see you still around capt!!!!!!!! i always love a captain throwback sighting!!!!

k i went ot post 668 and i read an clicked on the link to the guide this is teh steps it gave me is this right

STEP 1: Installing unrevoked
- Go to the unrevoked website (http://www.unrevoked.com/) and click on the HTC EVO 4G.
- Click on unrEVOked3: Painless root and reflash.
- Click Download for Windows.
- A download will begin with a file called reflash_package.exe; once it has completed, move it to your desktop.

STEP 2: Installing Drivers (WINDOWS ONLY - MAC USERS DO NOT NEED TO INSTALL THE DRIVERS)
- Remove any previously installed Drivers that you may have installed for any other ROOTing purposes.
- Go to the unrevoked website (public:windows_hboot_driver_install [RootWiki])
- Download the unrevoked modified USB driver (android-usb-driver.zip)
- Save the file to the Desktop of your computer.
- UnZip the files to the Desktop of your computer.
- Follow the instructions as carefully as you can.

(Important Note: for some reason, my phone didn

k i did the tip and it has been setting for over five mins asking me to bpug my device in by the usb cable

there si no options that was ment

k in the capts meth it says this

You will need to use unrevoked3, which will install a custom recovery and unlock your NAND with unrevoked forever (Wiki here, guide here - starting under "SECTION 2: ROOTING PROCEDURE"). TIP: Make sure your device is disconnected when first running the unrevoked3 "reflash_package.exe". When it opens, choose "File", then "Custom Recovery ...". Navigate to the location of your preferred RA recovery.img file, and select. Then, when it's done, you'll be NAND unlocked, and have your preferred custom recovery

now it says the same thing as this as it dose in post 668 that you and capt. are tell me to fallow the guide on there so i click on the here which is in hyper text link it takes me to the guide so i go the the step that it says to go to which is

SECTION 2: ROOTING PROCEDURE - Estimated Time 5 - 8 Minutes

ROOTING PROCEDURE

STEP 1: Installing unrevoked
- Go to the unrevoked website (http://www.unrevoked.com/) and click on the HTC EVO 4G.
- Click on unrEVOked3: Painless root and reflash.
- Click Download for Windows.
- A download will begin with a file called reflash_package.exe; once it has completed, move it to your desktop.

so i have the relash package.exe

now int the part of capt. guide it says

You will need to use unrevoked3, which will install a custom recovery and unlock your NAND with unrevoked forever (Wiki here, guide here - starting under "SECTION 2: ROOTING PROCEDURE"). TIP: Make sure your device is disconnected when first running the unrevoked3 "reflash_package.exe". When it opens, choose "File", then "Custom Recovery ...". Navigate to the location of your preferred RA recovery.img file, and select. Then, when it's done, you'll be NAND unlocked, and have your preferred custom recovery

not i fall ow the tip and i start and run the flash package and when i do this the whiten screen that says unrevoked3 in big dark bold letters under that in a smaller print it says painless roote and reflash under that it says waiting for device plug phone in now and enable usb debugging make sure htc is not instailed under that it says recovery clockwork mod recovery

there is no menu or file or option to choose to change to ra or any thing eles and ti stays on this screen so for for about 5mins

k sorry about my rant i after the 10th time starting ti a file box apead and up top so i clicked file and it shows

custiom recovry finaly

so then now my fquestion is when choosing the ra file do i choose the whole file that is ziped or do i need ot choose the ra recovery img from extracting

it depends on how you want to install it. there is three methods, remember? if using the PC36IMG method then leave it zipped. if using the fastboot method then you will need to extract the recovery.img file.

edit: so are you s-off now?

k so i dont need to do his tip then to get the ra recov then as i had posted in

after the 10th time starting it a file box apead and up top so i clicked file and it shows

custiom recovry finaly

so then now my question is when choosing the ra file do i choose the whole file that is ziped or do i need ot choose the ra recovery img from the extract

theni posted well i selected the recov image file and now the screen says this

instead of it saying clockwork mod it now say custom is this right ?

ok this is the step for capt's method.

1. unlocked with htc dev(you did this)
2. downgrade your misc partition (you did this)
3. run a ruu to downgrade your hboot to 2.10 for unrevoked( i believe you did this, but you did not report what hboot you have after i asked it). this also should give you a stock recovery and not a custom one.
4. run unrevoked to get you s-off with clockwork mod recovery(not done this)
5. switch recoveries.(not done this)

these are the general steps need to get fully s-off.

you need to run step 4 and then do step 5 from my example above.

Back
Top Bottom