• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting questions/TacoROOT issues

k i stand corrected the card is a 8gb .

and the bootloader says this

now if any one has been fallowing my other thread you wellknow that i had a issue with my last phoen with the signal on it and sprint had to give ma a new phone so this phone is a replacement and why i am trying ot reroot this phone

supersonic evt3 ship s-on
hboot. 2.18.0001
touch pannel atmelc03_16ac
radip 2.15.00.01.15

the phone info is

android 2.35
bases band 2.15.00.01.15
build number 5.07.651.6 cl58861 release keys

here are my files screen shots just in case you want ot see them let me knwo if you see them

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 59
  • pic 2.jpg
    pic 2.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 38
  • pic 3.jpg
    pic 3.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 61
  • pic 4.jpg
    pic 4.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 64
well i was doing the taco root because that i didnt want to be limited by the other 2 methods i wanted complty s off and also because sent i already did it the first time with you guys that i fig that sent i had some what famil with it that it was to be a bit easer

guess i was wrong in that sens.

so did my screen shots help any ]

k i tryed to redownload the files and tryed it again . and still same thing so this would be the thried time i tryed this .

so sents this is a replacemetn phone from sprint my question would be would they have cloes the explot that the taco root is using and i need ot try to do another meth to this phone

with the catpn's method you will get s-off. but the first part is to unlocked the bootloader. the second step is to downgrade your hboot and then third step is to root the phone via revolutionary.

seems more complicated but taco root makes your phone very unstable and it is hard to predict if it will even work for your phone......just saying

so then what in or opion should i do

do you think my threwy is sound then that this phone cant be rooted by the taco because that it might have been befor and that that eplote is now closed in this phone

well from what i can tyell that the phone is locked down and there is no water makr at all

so yea either way it is locked down

and my next question would be is that mtd file and the flssh image the same files that are used in the taco root as well as the dev and capt. rooting process

and what about my last question

do you think that this phone have been rooted before and that reason that taco root is not working when it gets to that $ in stead of the # in that step in the taco root i
do you think that the taco root explote was closed off if the phone was rooted before and sent the phone is a replacement that the who ever the phone came from the facility closed it when they refurbased that phone

yes it is.....captn's and taco root are very similar. they both need a temporary root to change the misc partition which allows you to lower your hboot so that revolutionary can work to get s-off.

the captn's way is just easier.....like i said before taco root is just to unpredictable and makes the phone very unstable(by design)....up to you.

and what about my last question

do you think that this phone have been rooted before and that reason that taco root is not working when it gets to that $ in stead of the # in that step in the taco root i
do you think that the taco root explote was closed off if the phone was rooted before and sent the phone is a replacement that the who ever the phone came from the facility closed it when they refurbased that phone

well if it says locked and not re-locked then taco should work. if it says re-locked then it will not. it does not matter if it was a refurbished one or not. or if it was rooted at one time or not.

well from my screen shots i gave you from earlyer do you think my files are bad that i downloaded

cuz i got the faile from the guide like i did before

k well i have done the htc dev meth on my phone sent the taco was not working i just said to hell with it and did the dev meth so now i need to do the capt meth on both phones to ache it full s off

k wel li am reading over the capt meth and dont quite understand this part

In order to flash recovery in fastboot, the recovery.img file from the zip file needs to be in the same folder as the fastboot.exe.

not sure i understand that part

no from wha ti did understand if ia m wrong pllease correct me .

for now what i understood was that i have downloaded the files it said i need on that guide

some of thows files it said i already had so i didnt over wrtie thme is that ok just to use the files i already have?

next from my understanding is that i need to put the flash and the mtd files on the sdcard in the root of the card. as well as the superuser zip file is that correct?

now in the android folder i still have i have the adb file
adbwin file fastboot recovery img the unlock code i used from the dev meth and the taco root file .

is that right ?

and my last question woudl be what recovery file is it wanting he say he recommend s teh ar recovery but my phone now have that already so am i reflashing it ?

k wel li am reading over the capt meth and dont quite understand this part

In order to flash recovery in fastboot, the recovery.img file from the zip file needs to be in the same folder as the fastboot.exe.

not sure i understand that part
the recovery.img file needs to be in the same folder on your pc that you have the adb and fastboot.exe files.

no from wha ti did understand if ia m wrong pllease correct me .

for now what i understood was that i have downloaded the files it said i need on that guide

some of thows files it said i already had so i didnt over wrtie thme is that ok just to use the files i already have?
that is fine

next from my understanding is that i need to put the flash and the mtd files on the sdcard in the root of the card. as well as the superuser zip file is that correct?
correct
now in the android folder i still have i have the adb file
adbwin file fastboot recovery img the unlock code i used from the dev meth and the taco root file .

is that right ?
you should have the fastboot.exe as well in there.

and my last question woudl be what recovery file is it wanting he say he recommend s teh ar recovery but my phone now have that already so am i reflashing it ?
use the amon ra file that is in the guide

k the

you said this

use the amon ra file that is in the guide

so my reply well be that is he same ra file i have for when i id my ra recovery to my phone after i did the dev meth

that is fine?

and so in the android folder i should have this files see screen shot

Attachments

• pic 6.jpg
    pic 6.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 91
Back
Top Bottom