• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting questions/TacoROOT issues

you said this in step 3 is this the same one i used in the taco

i recommend MikG v3.11 [3/9/2012]) of your
to be honest i'm not sure.

but one thing you should always know and that is what rom you are on. you need to keep track of that otherwise you could flash something or do something that is not compatible with your rom and you could run into problems. so please always make sure that you know what rom you are on.

but that is one rom i always recommend as it is a very stable rom and sooooooo much better then stock.

well sent me an my wife are newbe it is a good start i like it and she has played around with it an like some of it so far '

so can you please answer this question i had asked

which is

you gusy tolded me befor not to get in to the bootscreens splash screens and stuff like that cuz it was a bit more involed how ever can i put the

can i go back and do the flasher meth or instail it if i wanted to do that or is it to late to add that

k that rom is up an running going ot instal the kernal now that i used with this rom t that you guys said was a good onw the

anthrix 26388rev

well sent me an my wife are newbe it is a good start i like it and she has played around with it an like some of it so far '

so can you please answer this question i had asked

which is

you gusy tolded me befor not to get in to the bootscreens splash screens and stuff like that cuz it was a bit more involed how ever can i put the

can i go back and do the flasher meth or instail it if i wanted to do that or is it to late to add that

well android flasher can be used to flash a splash screen if you like.

bootanimation can get pretty complicated. and i would suggest that you at least start a new thread for that.

oh and ocn you said if i start a new thread i should link this one ot it how doyou do that

no need to link a new thread. just start a new one. on splash screens and bootanimations, if you want.

and just so you know you can always link any web page. use the
createlinkp.gif
symbol to add the link in. also you can always delete the highlighted text and enter a title for the link instead of the web address. so that is how you link things on AF.

sno now that her phoen is rooted and set up like mine and the only diff is that ia m complete s off and she is not

and sent we were having probs getting her rooted with the taco and having pros with the flash.img

would it be safe to try and do the capt. meth to getting s off completely even thow the flash.img file is in his meth do you think i well still have probs with it or shoul i attempt ti

sno now that her phoen is rooted and set up like mine and the only diff is that ia m complete s off and she is not

and sent we were having probs getting her rooted with the taco and having pros with the flash.img

would it be safe to try and do the capt. meth to getting s off completely even thow the flash.img file is in his meth do you think i well still have probs with it or shoul i attempt ti
You can try it, sure, why not?:)

with each new updates (ota's) htc and sprint will produce new radio software. this may or may not help with 3g or call quality as every phone is different. however, we do not at the moment have the radios that come with software version 5.07.

usually the way one updates the radios is by using a PC36IMG file or it can be flashed via recovery. the PC36IMG versions, you will not be able to install from the bootloader as your phone is unlocked and it will not flash anything that way unless it is signed by HTC which they are not.

so to answer your question, you can do pretty much anything accept for the PC36IMG files. the ones in the guide have been altered so that it will work for an unlocked bootloader. but many files have not been altered so they will not work.

with each new updates (ota's) htc and sprint will produce new radio software. this may or may not help with 3g or call quality as every phone is different. however, we do not at the moment have the radios that come with software version 5.07.

usually the way one updates the radios is by using a PC36IMG file or it can be flashed via recovery. the PC36IMG versions, you will not be able to install from the bootloader as your phone is unlocked and it will not flash anything that way unless it is signed by HTC which they are not.

so to answer your question, you can do pretty much anything accept for the PC36IMG files. the ones in the guide have been altered so that it will work for an unlocked bootloader. but many files have not been altered so they will not work.

humm all of it still guess i just need to do some more reading

so what about my question i didnt get a read definative anwer doyou guys think i should try to achive s off fully by doing the capt. meth sents i was able to do the dev meth even thow i had probs with the flashimg

and sent that meth used the flashimg doyou think tiwell tak sent the dev oped up the phone

so what about my question i didnt get a read definative anwer doyou guys think i should try to achive s off fully by doing the capt. meth sents i was able to do the dev meth even thow i had probs with the flashimg

and sent that meth used the flashimg doyou think tiwell tak sent the dev oped up the phone
You dont need to be totally s-off....but if you want to try the Capt method to get s-off, that is totally up to you.

I'm pretty sure I did give you a definitive answer to this, but in case I didn't - No, I don't think you should bother with it. You can do everything you need to do without it.

well ki guys i am back at this again the taco root again and i am trying once again .

so thow that rember me here we go

i am using the same exsact files as last time that i used nothing has changed at all in them as from what iam aware of

and i started the root process and i get this far to step
10 when it phoen reboots and i i typ that commaned in i get a dalla sign and nto a nummber sign so here is the commands of what i did

C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\andriod>adb push tacoroot.sh /data/local/
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
86 KB/s (2129 bytes in 0.024s)
C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\andriod>adb shell chmod 755 /data/local/tacoroot.sh
C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\andriod>adb shell /data/local/tacoroot.sh --setup
TacoRoot: HTC Edition v1
By Justin Case (jcase)
Presented by TeamAndIRC, RootzWiki and AndroidPolice
With great assistance from Reid Holland (Erishasnobattery)
----------
TacoRoot: HTC Edition v1 is based on a vulnerability independently discovered by
both Justin Case and Dan Rosenberg (Rosenberg first). I believe unrevoked and
AlpahRev were also aware of it.
----------
Usage:
--recovery : For this exploit to work, you must have booted recovery at least on
ce after your last factory reset.
--setup : Setup the phone for root, must be done before --root.
--root : Root the phone.
--undo : Remove TacoRoot.
----------
Rebooting into recovery, please press Volume+, Volume- and Power at the same tim
e, and reboot the system.
rm failed for /data/data/recovery/log, Permission denied
link failed File exists
C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\andriod>adb shell /data/local/tacoroot.sh --root
TacoRoot: HTC Edition v1
By Justin Case (jcase)
Presented by TeamAndIRC, RootzWiki and AndroidPolice
With great assistance from Reid Holland (Erishasnobattery)
----------
TacoRoot: HTC Edition v1 is based on a vulnerability independently discovered by
both Justin Case and Dan Rosenberg (Rosenberg first). I believe unrevoked and
AlpahRev were also aware of it.
----------
Usage:
--recovery : For this exploit to work, you must have booted recovery at least on
ce after your last factory reset.
--setup : Setup the phone for root, must be done before --root.
--root : Root the phone.
--undo : Remove TacoRoot.
----------
Rebooting into root.
/data/local/tacoroot.sh: cannot create /data/local.prop: permission denied
C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\andriod>adb shell
$

so are my images and flash that i put on the root of the sd card are they bad should i redown load them fresh and start over and yes they are there and yes i have verified that they are in the root of the card

the names have not been changed

and as the commandes were put in i copyed them and pasted them so there should not be any errors

k quick up date i went a head and redownloaded all files fresh

went back thre the steps and got to teh same point instead of the number sign i get the $ sing

and as i said befor i even redownlaoded the fiels from the links on the guide to make sure everything was fresh

and still go same results

Back
Top Bottom