• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rooting questions/TacoROOT issues

yes it is that is why i cant fig out why it is nto working on my wifes

the flasher meth so i should not use it on my phone to change like the splash screen and thing ike that

so let me askik this i dont thing i got a answer to yet

it seems like if i fallow the dev meth it seems like the dev meth is a some what brooken down taco meth
The dev method is kinda broken down taco yes.
The android flasher can be used to do other things , yes but I cannot remember what they are. I dont use it.

k i well start the dev meth step 1 if you are going ot o say on so i can get threw ti if you can if notthat is cool
I've gotta log off soon, as I get up early for work..sorry:( but perhaps others will help out.:)

i guess once i use the dev meth and unlock it i cant use the unrevoked is that right
You use unrevoked at the end of the Capt method which, like I said, can be done later, or not at all if you prefer. After the htcdev method and flashing custom recovery and su zip, you can flash roms/kernels etc.

here is a quesion there somthing miss leadin here is say on your form that you need these files

the setup
you will need to download these files:
make

the dev website says you also need thsi file

Google Android SDK zip

so do i need it or not

here is a quesion there somthing miss leadin here is say on your form that you need these files

the setup
you will need to download these files:
make

the dev website says you also need thsi file

Google Android SDK zip

so do i need it or not
The only files you need are the ones ocn gives you in the thread. The only files you use from the "Google Android SDK" are the ones he provides. He just made it easy for you, so you don't have to download the whole SDK.

k i am up to this part how ever it is to me kinda veg please make clear

3.with the vol buttons highlight fastboot and select it with your power button

i have done this now for step 4 do i need ot stay in the hboot or boot loader screen

k i have falloed steps this si what i go t

C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\andriod>fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
sending 'unlocktoken' (0 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.168s]
writing 'unlocktoken'...
(bootloader) unlock token check successfully
OKAY [ 0.004s]
finished. total time: 0.172s
C:\Users\Mike\Desktop\andriod>

then i slected yes and my phone her phoen restarted is thsi right

k now it dose say unlocked with s on

now what od i need to do is this were i change the recovory part looks like whati am doing in step 2

k i am confused abotu all three steps here

step 2 How to get Recovery

here is a little more details on how to get a recovery onto your phone. there are several ways of doing it. you can use the fastboot command to install recovery or you can use the android flasher program and lastly there is the PC36IMG method. either way, it is pretty simple. i will leave the decision up to you.

various methods to install amon ra 2.3 recovery:

ADB command method
1.download amon ra 2.3 from here:
PC36IMG_RA_2.3.zip
2.extract the file and then go into and move recovery.img file into the android folder you created when unlocking your bootloader.
3.on your phone after you have unlocked your phone you should be in the bootloader menu screen, select the fastboot option
4.on your computer press and hold shift while right clicking the android folder.
5.select open command window here option (windows 7)
6.enter command:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
congrats!!!!!! you have just installed amon ra 2.3

android flasher method
Android Flasher, what is this and how do i use this?

well with android flasher, you can flash radios, your splash screen (that is what the htc white screen is called right before sprint's boot animation), and your recovery. you will need to extract the .img file from the .zip file. in this case i will show you how to install a custom recovery amon ra2.3.

so here is what you will need to do:
1.download android flasher from here:
AF Downloader
2.and extract it to someplace on your desktop where you can find it.
3.next you will need to download amon ra 2.3from here:
PC36IMG_RA_2.3.zip
4.extract the img.file and place it some where you will be able to find it.
5.run android flasher
6.go to the recovery slot and select browse and then navigate to the amon ra .img file
7.select it and then select recovery
8.then1 at the very bottom select flash

congrats!!!!!! you now have amon ra 2.3 installed.

here is the original thread for android flasher:
[UTILITY] Android Flasher 2.2.0.5! (12/12/11) - xda-developers

PC36IMG method
this will depend on what software version you are on.

if you have software version 4.67.651.1 download this file:PC36IMG.zip

if you have software version 5.07.651.1 download this file:
PC36IMG_AmonRA-v2.3-hausmod_revA.zip

1.download the PC36IMG for your software version above.
2.rename the file so that it is only PC36IMG. make sure that you do not add any extra .zip's to the name as windows hides extensions by default.
3.transfer the file to the root (that means not in any folder) of the sd card.
4.power off (you most likely need to uncheck fastboot. settings/apps/uncheck fastboot.) then press and hold power+vol down.
5.hboot should see the file and select yes to update.
6.select no to reboot because we want to go into recovery and make a nandroid backup.
7.select recovery.
8.select backup and restore and select backup
9. select the first three and wimax. the other partitions do not need to be backed up. always keep one nandroid backup with wimax keys backed up on your computer.
10.now you can reboot.
11.using a file manager of some sort or even through your computer via usb, you should rename or delete the PC36IMG file on your card. otherwise you will be asked to update every time you go to the hboot screen. you do not need that file any more.

it is similar but the file is different. a PC36IMG file is a generic file name. it is used for all sorts of different things. it can be used to install a splashcreen or bootanimation. it can be used to flash or update your radios. it can be used to install a stock rom and recovery. and finally it can be used to install a custom recovery. so even though the name of the file is PC36IMG, the file itself will be different.

so using this method is up to you.

k i chose the third choice becase it was the back up that you guys wanted me to use with my taco root so i have done that and a back up i have created

you gusy tolded me befor not to get in to the bootscreens splash screens and stuff like that cuz it was a bit more involed how ever can i put the

can i go back and do the flasher meth or instail it if i wanted to do that or is it to late to add that

NICE!!!!!!!
now that you have recovery, you can flash any rom you want.

just make sure u make a nandroid backup, wipe everything, and flash a rom.

Back
Top Bottom