• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Samsung Vibrant System Update (Not 2.2) Released [OTA Discussion]

The date on my Vibrant kit box is 7/4/2010 and I havent received the update yet.

If you have please post your box date (and/or serial # if you know it).

Secular.

Maybe they go by how long you been with them. I got mine yesterday but my Daughter hasnt who has just got back with them from AT&T a few months ago when the Vibrant came out and we got them together so the date on the box is the same.

Just a guess. We are all on the same family plan.

Upvote 0
A bit earlier I got some arrows I didn't get before so I paniced and what...then it said update available from TMO so I installed it and it seems to be great not as much lag as I remember and I digg the new task manager.

How much time was there in-between when you got the arrows and then was told the update was ready?

I had just flashed my wife's phone using the file from xda and upon reboot I saw the arrows And then they dissapeared a.few min later and nothing has happened since..

Upvote 0
How much time was there in-between when you got the arrows and then was told the update was ready?

I had just flashed my wife's phone using the file from xda and upon reboot I saw the arrows And then they dissapeared a.few min later and nothing has happened since..

Well I actually had to restart my phone 2 times because the first time it said "disconnecting from DM" so I turned off and on my phone again then oddly enough the arrows came back but this time it gave me a TMO update(after a bit) notification and took all of about 10mins to install.

Upvote 0
Well I actually had to restart my phone 2 times because the first time it said "disconnecting from DM" so I turned off and on my phone again then oddly enough the arrows came back but this time it gave me a TMO update(after a bit) notification and took all of about 10mins to install.

i had the same dm message but it said cannot connect. this was at 2 in the afternoon. as i was driving home at 8:30 at night i noticed the two arrows again. i checked it and its the update :) charging now cause my battery was down to 15%

Upvote 0
Ok just for the heck of it, I put the stock settings back into LbsTestMode using Any Cut

- Operation Mode: Standalone
- SERVER: www.spirent-lcs.com
- PORT: 7275

it seems I get a faster lock that way, it could my head just playing with me but in Gps Test I notice that with the stocks settings I get a faster fix but overall it is pretty much the same. I was just outside and tested it about 5mins ago and I was locked on to 9 out of 10 in view avg was 8 rather then 7 as before. I know it will always change depending where I am but still I am just very happy to see this when I was only locking on to 2 birds avg before and my gps didnt work unless I used wireless settings.. This is really nice and the first time i tested it with out wireless settings on, I love this phone.. lol

Upvote 0
Come on, you guys have been around here long enough to know how OTA's work. It literally has nothing to do with your location, time with TMobile, or the Mayan calender. I know. Crazy.

You'll get it when you get it, and if you can't wait, head over to XDA and install it manually via ODIN.

Oh, and I got the update. The GPS is fixed and working perfect.

Reactions: pantlesspenguin
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones