• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [STOCK][LINARO 4.9.3] Volt Uno v3.3

I flash the boot.IMG everything is OK until it constantly reboots , over and over , even after changing governor

Need more information than that, what governor, io scheduler, over clock, etc. Also what rom? Were you running any init.d scripts? Anything you can think of that you did besides stock rom on your phone before you flashed this kernel.

Need more information than that, what governor, io scheduler, over clock, etc. Also what rom? Were you running any init.d scripts? Anything you can think of that you did besides stock rom on your phone before you flashed this kernel.
Pimp my ROM tweaks
Termin-ish script for init.d
Swapon script
Change to intelliman governor
Change I/O scheduler to sioplus
O'c to 1600 MHz
* I had this on odex zv5 ROM
*kernel tweaker was used

Pimp my ROM tweaks
Termin-ish script for init.d
Swapon script
Change to intelliman governor
Change I/O scheduler to sioplus
O'c to 1600 MHz
* I had this on odex zv5 ROM
*kernel tweaker was used

I'd disable swapon script for now. Bg4mer had problems with it and Uno kernel too, only a couple of posts above yours.

What's the deal with using swap anyway? I've had crap tons of android phones and never used it or felt a need to after a custom kernel/rom. What is the need for it on an android phone? Legitimately wondering is all.

I'd disable swapon script for now. Bg4mer had problems with it and Uno kernel too, only a couple of posts above yours.

What's the deal with using swap anyway? I've had crap tons of android phones and never used it or felt a need to after a custom kernel/rom. What is the need for it on an android phone? Legitimately wondering is all.
My answer for that question is because do to money issues can't buy a phone with more ram or better yet more power , so swap it was my only free option to increase ( maybe a little ) performance and to decrease fraken lag . as well because my ram always sits on the 100ish mark

This doesn't come to topic but can you point into where to begin learn how to develop ROM and technically become an android Dev ?

I'd suggest first learning how to port Roms from one device to another. That's the start you need to learn to build. Become absolutely familiar with what each piece of a rom zip does and how they tie in together.

Also, google is your best friend.

Confirmed working with my LG Volt! Using the "V5 Custom" ROM, with TWRP recovery. (Boost mobile) It's made my phone snappier than ever.

One question...Does disabling mpdecision automatically enable intelliplug when I use intellidemand for my governor? I wasn't quite sure about that. Also, SIO seems to work pretty well, too. Not sure what the overall best I/O scheduler is..I've heard noop is pretty good as well.

Confirmed working with my LG Volt! Using the "V5 Custom" ROM, with TWRP recovery. (Boost mobile) It's made my phone snappier than ever.

One question...Does disabling mpdecision automatically enable intelliplug when I use intellidemand for my governor? I wasn't quite sure about that. Also, SIO seems to work pretty well, too. Not sure what the overall best I/O scheduler is..I've heard noop is pretty good as well.

What you have to do to disable mpdecision is use trickstermod or faux clock from market and use their toggle switch in those apps to turn it off. Then intelliplug should kick in AFAIK. I think intelliplug is also governor independent, it should work on every governor.

Trickstermod is free, but by paying $5 for Faux clock you are supporting a developer who kicks a lot of ass for many different devices including ours. Faux clock also seems to have more settings to play with, and you need it to play with faux simple GPU governor included in this kernel.

You could also do what was posted a few posts up and rename the mpdecision binary in /system/bin, but I wouldn't recommend doing so. It would be a good idea to have it easy to fall back on in case of emergency.

Does this have fastcharge?

No, and I'm a little leery of putting it in. The last thing I want is to hear of someone's phone catching fire or battery exploding or something of the like while charging. If you guys can show me some evidence of the likelihood of that not happening, I'd be more than willing to try to add it in.

I assume your talking about 1-2amp charging like I am right?

New build up, check the first post for changelog and new download.

Lots of stuff added, and a few things fixed. Intelliplug actually works now! Also intellithermal is added but I have not tested it yet, quite a few governors added. Also faux sound control.

Still having problems with interactive and smartassv2. They are super old and broken, and have to be patched quite a bit.

Linaro 4.9 toolchain compile with cortex a15 and neon optimizations coming next. That kind of stuff has been known to add quite a few points to benchmarks.

I'll wait for some benches before I move from v2 to v3. My battery life and performance increase is astonishing compared to boost mobile stock. 24 hours of normal usage, and my battery JUST hit 50% V5 custom rom on here is fantastic. I use trickstermod btw, since it's what i'm more familiar with. And intelliplug definitely works, as I see all 4 cores running, and the phone is SO snappy now! I was kind of sick of using this phone with bland stock boost junk. Too much bloat! Same with my F3, nothing but love for root and custom roms.

I'll wait for some benches before I move from v2 to v3. My battery life and performance increase is astonishing compared to boost mobile stock. 24 hours of normal usage, and my battery JUST hit 50% V5 custom rom on here is fantastic. I use trickstermod btw, since it's what i'm more familiar with. And intelliplug definitely works, as I see all 4 cores running, and the phone is SO snappy now! I was kind of sick of using this phone with bland stock boost junk. Too much bloat! Same with my F3, nothing but love for root and custom roms.

good thing you held off on v3, i had a typo that disabled intelli-plug. also, v3-1 is compiled with linaro 4.9.3, which should add some speedy goodness to this kernel on top of whats already offered.

edit: quadrant score updated, 9222 score. Linaro 4.9.3 with cortex a15 and neon optimizations, compiled with -o3 flag. 1.6ghz oc, performance governor, sioplus scheduler, hotplug enabled (all 4 cores at once,) faux simple gpu governor with lazyness at 10 and ramp threshold at 0, 4096 emmc readahead size, and ksm enabled. antutu score and mips benchmark from rom toolbox will be same setup when i run it and upload it.

battery life is amazing for how hard im pushing my old tester volt.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-06-04-53-35.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-06-04-53-35.png
    110.7 KB · Views: 119
  • Screenshot_2015-05-06-05-04-29.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-06-05-04-29.png
    54.3 KB · Views: 120
  • Screenshot_2015-05-06-05-05-16.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-06-05-05-16.png
    84.5 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
It's beautiful :') I'm gonna have to upgrade once you settle down a bit on tweaks and stuff, lol maybe i'll wait until you come up with a "final" version. What's our Volt's GPU actually capable of? 500 mhz seems amazing! I'd love to be able to squeeze a few extra FPS out of some of my games. Having all 4 cores being able to run at once is another godsend. I simply don't understand why battery was so bad, and by bad I mean only 1 day of use, and i'm going on day 2 with half battery left now. These phones are capable of trading blows with some high end phones, and for $60 + knowing how to root and flash awesome stuff, it's the best phone i've owned. So glad rooting and rom development has kicked into high gear on the Volt. If only freedompop would allow BYOD for them...I'd start to regret getting their F3 (I have three F3s, 2 from past virgin mobile experience).

The F3 with the "Advanced Stock V8" rom over on their forum is the best rom, IMO, paired with robaho's OC kernel. Only thing is, F3 gets a little warmer as you use it, the Volt doesn't maybe due to it being larger and has more space to spread heat.

@whoshotjr2006 is kexec included, or do you plan on adding it? I tried adding it to a caf kernel but ran my patience low. I would like to have multirom running for our phone soon. Great work so far, keep it up.

Kexec isn't in yet, but since you mentioned it I'll work on adding it.

If I get it in there working, I'll try to document everything I did so you can add it to the caf kernel too since I'm not great at remembering to update github after every change I make.

Everything good guys? How's things running? I'm running this full time on my daily driver and have not run into any issues.

Back
Top Bottom