• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [STOCK][LINARO 4.9.3] Volt Uno v3.3

Everything good guys? How's things running? I'm running this full time on my daily driver and have not run into any issues.
Yeah, it's all good here on v2. init.d and swap working well, phone is responsive, battery life is good.

Will it be a while til another update? I will move on up to 3.1 this weekend if we're going to be here a while.

I found this page for low memory devices
https://source.android.com/devices/tech/ram/low-ram.html I wonder if it would benefit us. Mostly I just wanna play heroes of order & chaos at 30-40 fps instead of this 24-34fps. I've never liked jit since my Samsung intertercept cm6. I noticed benchmarks would be higher but I would get fps drops in games like shadowgun on the moto triumph more often probably because of thrashing. Also I don't use animations in developer settings so all this project butter ui memory management seem illogical to me. Wish userspace had a managed ui interface; not having a PC sucks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything is running smoothly besides the interactive reboot. Gj otherwise

Awesome, good to hear. Im going to disable interactive until I can fix it. No use in it being selectable if it is broken.

Ditto, did you ever try kernel adiutor app?

I did. It seems like it adds a few things that Faux Clock and Trickstermod dont have. Seems like a nice program.

Yeah, it's all good here on v2. init.d and swap working well, phone is responsive, battery life is good.

Will it be a while til another update? I will move on up to 3.1 this weekend if we're going to be here a while.

I just had 3 days of finals, and now im done with school for the summer so ill try to throw out an update here soon. v3.2 is going to have interactive disabled until I can fix it, and may or may not have kexec. Kexec might be more of a v3.3 feature.

I found this page for low memory devices
https://source.android.com/devices/tech/ram/low-ram.html I wonder if it would benefit us. Mostly I just wanna play heroes of order & chaos at 30-40 fps instead of this 24-34fps. I've never liked jit since my Samsung intertercept cm6. I noticed benchmarks would be higher but I would get fps drops in games like shadowgun on the moto triumph more often probably because of thrashing. Also I don't use animations in developer settings so all this project butter ui memory management seem illogical to me. Wish userspace had a managed ui interface; not having a PC sucks!

Ill take a look at it, thanks for the find.

New build coming soonish. No eta as of yet since I'm working on a few projects at once.

A few notable additions:
Fast charge support (disabled by default)
533 MHz GPU over clock
100mhz GPU under clock
Under clock CPU down to 192 MHz
Interactive governor seemingly fixed
And a few other goodies I'm likely forgetting.

I implemented this all last night while I was also integrating Volt Uno kernel into DeCAF cm11, and would like to release both at roughly the same time. That's why there's no eta yet, as cm11 is being a little bit of a pain with a feature that was working prior.

OK I'll try that and report what happens , oh yeah if isn't too much to ask , can you add smartassv2 to governors:D
But @bg4m3r who did you disable swap it on script ?
In terminal emulator, 'swapitoff' disables, and 'unswap' (might be 'unswapit') uninstalls (but leaves the swap file in place).

OK, so I went and completely wiped my phone, installed zv3, OTA updated to zv5, and installed the 3.1 kernel. Set to 1.6 OC, intellidemand, and sioplus with no frills. Got an Antutu score of 18868. Installed Trickster MOD, turned off MPdescision, left everything else alone, and got a score of 162xx. Not sure what I'm configuring wrong. No other MODs installed at this time.

UPDATE: Just looked again, and it was on row, not sioplus. Jumped back up to 18.6k. Still not hitting 19k. What else do I need to configure?

Last edited:
OK, so I went and completely wiped my phone, installed zv3, OTA updated to zv5, and installed the 3.1 kernel. Set to 1.6 OC, intellidemand, and sioplus with no frills. Got an Antutu score of 18868. Installed Trickster MOD, turned off MPdescision, left everything else alone, and got a score of 162xx. Not sure what I'm configuring wrong. No other MODs installed at this time.

UPDATE: Just looked again, and it was on row, not sioplus. Jumped back up to 18.6k. Still not hitting 19k. What else do I need to configure?

Use hotplug instead of intelliplug or mpdecision. That way you can turn on all processors at once. Intelliplug is good for setting configurations of 1, 2 or 4 processors running at once, but hotplug is good for performance.

Can anyone explain the differences between I/o schedules and governors? They have me confused

The search function is an excellent tool lol. Its ok though, heres a link. http://androidforums.com/threads/cpu-governors-and-i-o-schedulers-explanation.642199/

New build posted. v3.2. Gpu overclock/underclock and cpu underclock will not work on stock for some reason. Fast charge will though. Interactive is fixed.

Last edited:
Use hotplug instead of intelliplug or mpdecision. That way you can turn on all processors at once. Intelliplug is good for setting configurations of 1, 2 or 4 processors running at once, but hotplug is good for performance.

The search function is an excellent tool lol. Its ok though, heres a link. http://androidforums.com/threads/cpu-governors-and-i-o-schedulers-explanation.642199/

New build posted. v3.2. Gpu overclock/underclock and cpu underclock will not work on stock for some reason. Fast charge will though. Interactive is fixed.
@whoshotjr2006 nice work, is it safe to dirty flash this one?

Installed the new version, turned off mpdescision and intelliplug (didn't see where to turn on hotplug?). Antutu hit 19015 with the multicore power saving set to 1.
:)

so i flashed 3.2 and my benchmark results came down about 3000 points. i have performance governor and vr for io scheduler

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-10-18-45-48.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-10-18-45-48.png
    173.1 KB · Views: 102
Is it really 'dirty flashing' when it's just a kernel? Not sure how you would clean flash.

Really every kernel flash is a dirty flash. Typically you don't wipe anything when you flash a boot image. Some residual props and such get left behind from flash to flash.

A clean flash would be to format /boot, /system, /data and /cache and then reflash rom and kernel.

Really every kernel flash is a dirty flash. Typically you don't wipe anything when you flash a boot image. Some residual props and such get left behind from flash to flash.

A clean flash would be to format /boot, /system, /data and /cache and then reflash rom and kernel.

I just flashed it right over the previous version,this kernel works nice and fast. I have been experimenting with the governors and trying to find a good fit, fast charge is working too :)

Screenshot_2015-05-10-23-39-15.png Screenshot_2015-05-10-23-38-08.png

Last edited:
Most recent Antutu benchmark (19117). :) 8864 in Quadrant.
CPU gov: Intellidemand I/O gov: sioplus GPU gov: simple ondemand
MPDescision and Intelliplug off, Multicore Powersaving: 1

Attachments

• 1431348282444.jpg
    1431348282444.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:
What do you use to switch fastcharge? I am running deodexed ZV5 with the new 3.2 kernel.
I use the fast charge app from the play store, I also found that the device control app also has the option to turn it on along with the other options listed for this kernel.

Back
Top Bottom