• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [STOCK][LINARO 4.9.3] Volt Uno v3.3

Hello. I tested this Kernel Modified and the
conclusion is that it does not work,
performance remains exactly 1190 MHz, I
have made performance testing, I tried video
games, emulators as PPSSPP v1, Dolphin.
And it has not improved any FPS. I used to
climb the clock SetCPU but the 1593 MHz
that is assigned a maximum not working.
You need much improvement because
currently it is a misleading overclocking.

Hi. Thanks for bashing all the time I put into this. Make your own kernel if you think this is so bad.

Did you pay for this? Nope didn't think so, so don't complain. Make sure you flash the right kernel because what your describing sounds exactly like stock behavior, that or just move on and don't use it.

Last edited:
Well, I do not pay for actually doing this, but
ariesgo my phone to test their cores. but
anyway I appreciate your work but if they do
not accept criticism will never get better. go
ahead. Might be the first person to make a
functional core

Wtf are you talking about lol. Any who his kernel works fine and adds alot of performance enhancements to the stock kernel which is what his intentions are. He succeeded just fine. The overclocking issue is a soc problem as the 400 Soc cannot be overclocked. The greatest kernel developers have tried. Again this was a problem with the moto g which runs the exact same soc. You can change the clock speed and it will say its overclocked but the actual CPU speed never changes. Can't be done. But as far as his work on this kernel there isn't a thing to bash. He did a great job. Like he said don't like it don't use it. End of story really. Think you can do better noone is stopping you from trying.

Well, I do not pay for actually doing this, but
ariesgo my phone to test their cores. but
anyway I appreciate your work but if they do
not accept criticism will never get better. go
ahead. Might be the first person to make a
functional core

Stop posting here. I'm reporting you to the mods for being a nuisance.

Hi, this is your friendly neighbourhood mod with a reminder of the Site Rules:

Please treat other members with respect. These forums were put together for Android fans to come together and help each other, collaborate and discuss in a positive way; not bash on someone because you don't like their idea, or because they don't share the same views as you.

Constructive criticism is fine, and usually welcomed by developers. False accusations however, when the "fault" is clearly a limitation of the hardware rather than an issue with their work, help no one and are downright disrespectful to those who commit their own time and effort (for no reward!) to the Android community.

Any questions regarding this, please contact me via PM. Otherwise, let's get back on-topic.

I am using this kernel with the wheatley governor and zen I/O scheduler, and the battery life is amazing!! right now I have 37 hours on battery and still 50% power left. thank you for this kernel.
How is Wheatley for games and video?

Does anyone have a link to the older kernel version that supported swap
I don't believe any of the uno builds had working Swap memory support. I tried compiling my own but I couldn't get Swap or Zram working without crashing or reboots. @whoshotjr2006 if I remember correctly, you couldn't figure it out either right? Maybe someone here could?

I don't believe any of the uno builds had working Swap memory support. I tried compiling my own but I couldn't get Swap or Zram working without crashing or reboots. @whoshotjr2006 if I remember correctly, you couldn't figure it out either right? Maybe someone here could?
I'm positive the older version supported swap
Version 3.1 supported swap. It broke in 3.2 and beyond. Let me dig up the link...

EDIT: That was easy, lol...
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=search&s=Voltuno

Thought I'd share this with everyone. It's a free kernel manager, covers everything TricksterMOD does, plus gives zram functions, which seem to be working fine on the current Uno release.
Kernel Adiutor

I have been using Kernel Adiutor for about a year now I do recommend it as well I've used Android tuner for a very long time Kernel Adiutor user interface is more appealing to me and it offers all the functionality that I need

I flashed back to an older version of the kernel which supported swap and I am amazed at the performance of the phone now. There's almost no lag anywhere and starting up and switching between big apps and multitasking is extremely quick I'm just blown away by what 500mb of swap has changed feels like a new phone

Version 3.1 supported swap. It broke in 3.2 and beyond. Let me dig up the link...

EDIT: That was easy, lol...
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=search&s=Voltuno

I could have sworn it wasn't working for me, tried again and it seems alright. Maybe I mixed up kernels or whatever. Call it a PEBKAC issue :p

I flashed back to an older version of the kernel which supported swap and I am amazed at the performance of the phone now. There's almost no lag anywhere and starting up and switching between big apps and multitasking is extremely quick I'm just blown away by what 500mb of swap has changed feels like a new phone

Where is this swap? On the micro sd or on the internal storage?

I was using that swapiton script. Maybe was the issue.

I prefer the app because I feel I have easier access to control swap

It seems that on the 3.1 version of the UNO kernel, swap works if you enable it after the system loads. The newer UNO kernels however never worked with swap. I'm not sure why loading it after the system loads to the launcher would make a difference but it does. Probably why the app works over the swapiton script, sounds like a bug somewhere in the UNO kernel but I still don't know enough to fix it.

EDIT: Version 3 not 3.1 works better for me without crashing

Last edited:
It seems that on the 3.1 version of the UNO kernel, swap works if you enable it after the system loads. The newer UNO kernels however never worked with swap. I'm not sure why loading it after the system loads to the launcher would make a difference but it does. Probably why the app works over the swapiton script, sounds like a bug somewhere in the UNO kernel but I still don't know enough to fix it.
The script worked before though... Maybe it needs a delay...

The script worked before though... Maybe it needs a delay...

My current swap script, it makes use of a swap partition on my sd card but that can be changed to a swapfile The first two while loops stop the script until the Xperia launcher is started and the android systemui is started. You can change that to any process if you'd like. That gives just enough delay so the system does not crash while swap is being enabled. Only tested on UNO 3, not 3.1 or the file named voltunov3-1.img as I got crashing on 3.1 You should be able to add those while lines somewhere before the 'swapon' part of the swapiton init.d script.

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
while [ -z "$(pidof com.ra3al.launcher)" ]; do sleep 2; done
while [ -z "$(pidof com.android.systemui)" ]; do sleep 10; done
sleep 10
swapon /dev/block/mmcblk1p3

EDIT: I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I get random reboots with version 3, outright crash every boot with version 3.1 @dvdavid888 Do you have any other settings besides using the app to enable swap?

Last edited:
Got the swapiton script working by adding the delay during setup. It's just weird that I didn't need it before, but that was also on zv4. If it possible that they changed something with the boot process that is making this necessary now?

I also had it not apply any minfree or other memory tweaks since I can manage those with Kernel Adiutor, just set swapiness to 75.

EDIT: Getting reboots with 3.1 kernel... Also on v3... Seems to happen anytime it actually tries to use the swap. Back on stock kernel to see if that's stable.
Stock kernel is stable with swap, so it's something with the uno kernel. Maybe the fact that it's a zv5 kernel?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom