• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ###ThunderProp### Build.prop for market access! Updated 2/5/2012

So i've been using the thunder prop for about a day now and I gotta say that I'm really loving it. I am now able to download Hulu + on my device from the market and a bunch of other apps I didn't even know existed. Thanks!

I did revert back to stock prop and i was still able to play that i downloaded. I went to market to check if it changed back to stock in some way it did the gamelofts game are incompatible again but market still says virgin mobile htc :eek: would that stay that way even if im stock prop will it eventually show the triumph?

I feel there should be a clear subset of the changes that were necessary to "fool" the market. However, given that each change takes up to an hour to take effect, I don't know if I will ever be able to figure out the minimum changes required :(

How do you guys get the changes to take effect immediately? So far, all I can do is keep rebooting and check every 5 minutes...

I feel there should be a clear subset of the changes that were necessary to "fool" the market. However, given that each change takes up to an hour to take effect, I don't know if I will ever be able to figure out the minimum changes required :(

How do you guys get the changes to take effect immediately? So far, all I can do is keep rebooting and check every 5 minutes...

Strange, I reboot, and it's there

Finally, I found out what was keeping the changes from taking effect. Apparently, the market checks not only ro.build.fingerprint but also ro.sf.lcd_density. Through an accident, I used JollyRoger87's file without changing the density to my preferred 200 (from 240), and my market worked right after reboot.

For more details:
Anyone with different LCD density and Market issue, look here - xda-developers

So in summary, my market issue was a combination of both ro.build.fingerprint and ro.sf.lcd_density. Now that I can test the changes far more effectively, I will keep you guys updated on my progress. Hopefully, I can find that minimum subset :D

Cheers,

@axse

Thanks for the heads up. I'll give that a try.

I'm in the middle of moving and wasn't able to respond earlier.

Regards,

My changes are reflected immediately and my density is still 240. As I said before you could try deleting the market data and then rebooting... THat was the procedure I used during testing but once I finally got it to show I went back and forth and realized it wasn't needed with my phone. Either way it shouldn't hurt to keep the modded build.prop on your phone I haven't touched it since it made it and everything has been just fine.

Edit: of course this should only be done for anyone who doesn't notice the changes immediately.

Thanks bro :) this was iust what was missing.
& for the record i just wiped the market data and cache after uploading and havent encountered any problems.:cool:

I did revert back to stock prop and i was still able to play that i downloaded. I went to market to check if it changed back to stock in some way it did the gamelofts game are incompatible again but market still says virgin mobile htc :eek: would that stay that way even if im stock prop will it eventually show the triumph?

Go to manage applications and delete market data and cache that should take care of it

Help phone stuck in a boot loop! Please help....Wiped everything with clockwork as said in post now phone is in infinite boot loop doesnt even show virgin mobile symbol just shows motorola symbol then keeps saying "virgin mobile" then shuts off and repeats.

Help phone stuck in a boot loop! Please help....Wiped everything with clockwork as said in post now phone is in infinite boot loop doesnt even show virgin mobile symbol just shows motorola symbol then keeps saying "virgin mobile" then shuts off and repeats.

You have CWM installed?

I didn't need to alter my build.prop any with Tickerguy's CM7 Tickerguy Edition v0.2 to see the gameloft apps mentioned...not sure about any of the others though.

I can also see them but when I try to play Order and Chaos it says my device is not compatible. I did not have that problem when I flashed the build.prop

So is Order & Chaos any good?

I tried it after the OP mentioned it in his post and got addicted to it. It's an awesome mmorpg and it has beautiful graphics. Just for kicks, I also tried a cracked version on my phone and it also wont load. :(

Just wondering if this changed the settings page to reflect android 2.3.4? I was really curious, because my phone showed the gingerbread status bar for a second, and my settings also show this. I am reflashing the stock. Prop file and seeing if it changes.

Back
Top Bottom