• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ###ThunderProp### Build.prop for market access! Updated 2/5/2012

Make the update script is right, and the zip is zipped to 'store' the zip. If you send it to me in PM, i'll look at it.

Seems to be working now! Just finished updating and logged in for the first time to OaC. Thanks! I don't like pirating; only when I absolutely have to. Now I don't :D

Alot of games like asphalt 6, 9mm are not working it said when i try to download that the device is not supported is this update going to fix it?:confused:

Alot of games like asphalt 6, 9mm are not working it said when i try to download that the device is not supported is this update going to fix it?:confused:

That was the point, although on the CM7 version I haven't been able to verify anything other than the market does see the phone as an HTC ADR6400L. On stock I know it works

Try it out and see how it goes can't hurt

I've probably posted this on every other forum I've frequented by now, but you're the source of this issue so I'll tell ya here too :p

Apparently when updating my build.prop to this (or similar, via b_randon14's tweaks), all my video chat programs decided they couldn't see my front camera. So Skype and Yahoo Messenger just both straight-up failed.

After reverting to more stocky build.prop tweaks, then writing my own (spoofing the HTC EVO) the problem went away. So I think it was the ThunderProp...

I've probably posted this on every other forum I've frequented by now, but you're the source of this issue so I'll tell ya here too :p

Apparently when updating my build.prop to this (or similar, via b_randon14's tweaks), all my video chat programs decided they couldn't see my front camera. So Skype and Yahoo Messenger just both straight-up failed.

After reverting to more stocky build.prop tweaks, then writing my own (spoofing the HTC EVO) the problem went away. So I think it was the ThunderProp...

What edits did you make? I myself have never had this issue.

What edits did you make? I myself have never had this issue.

It seems I'm the only person who had this issue, actually. But build.prop was definitely the reason.

Anyway, what I did was basically find a Droid X ROM (yeah, after the Evo I decided to experiment), open the build.prop, and change all the lines that were used for device determination... lemme see if I can find the build.prop I used.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19758067/Black Lightning/build.prop

Thanks the build prop worked!!! I am downloading GT Academy now. When I tried without it I got the error message saying "this game is not compatible with your device" but now its downloading!! Thanks and keep up the awesome job!!:D

After installing this zip for stock ROM, Netflix now says "Cannot play video. Error 13005"
It did not do this before. It may be a coincidence. Netflix may be down. I will try tomorrow, but if not, could this mod be the cause of this error?
I used the ThunderMod on Tickerguy's CM7 but I recently went back to stock (until final cm7 is released) and I flashed the ThunderMod for stock.
I force closed market, cleared data, and rebooted as you suggested as well..

Thanks in advance

EDIT: It was an issue with Netflix. The new version 1.5 doesn't play on my device, but version 1.4 plays flawlessly. It is not an issue with this MOD. Thanks! :)

it worked excellent for me I can tell the difference from the normal moto triumph android market to the now VIRGIN MOBILE HTC TRIUMPH market lol but data speeds is slower than it use to be...I use to get about 400 kbs per second on download now maybe 150 kbs

it worked excellent for me I can tell the difference from the normal moto triumph android market to the now VIRGIN MOBILE HTC TRIUMPH market lol but data speeds is slower than it use to be...I use to get about 400 kbs per second on download now maybe 150 kbs

Which version did you flash?

If its the stock version it may be because I need to optimize it like I've done for CM7 and MIUI as well as remove the EvDo mod.

However if you're using one of other two those should have no effect on data speeds and you may just be experiencing VM's lack of reliabililty.

so i guess this will work with the update to 2.3.4 right. i am getting my triumph this weekend, and i heard that there is an auto update to 2.3.4. just want to make sure this would worrk on it. and for the MIUI Users can anyone confirm that the games run normal speed wise, i know MIUI doesnt run games as well as stock roms

so i guess this will work with the update to 2.3.4 right. i am getting my triumph this weekend, and i heard that there is an auto update to 2.3.4. just want to make sure this would worrk on it. and for the MIUI Users can anyone confirm that the games run normal speed wise, i know MIUI doesnt run games as well as stock roms

Where did you hear about such an update?

MIUI runs most games just fine however some of the more demanding games (HD games) will either run slowly while missing elements or thjey won't run at all.

Back
Top Bottom