• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ###ThunderProp### Build.prop for market access! Updated 2/5/2012

This is strange. Am I the only one? I don't need to use this anymore.

OaC%20market.jpg

Upvote 0
I'm seeing the same thing. Maybe they added support to our phone?

Edit: So I just bought the game without the build.prop and it says my devices is not compatible when I launch the game.

Yeah it shows this for CM7 and MIUI both, however without the build prop I wasn't able to get past the games device check and thus never able to play it.

As for the other guy stating it all works well delete your copy of OaC and then download it from cm7 with the stock build prop and see if it fires up

Upvote 0
So, I found some issues with this build.prop. I use a wired headset with a button on it that pauses/plays my music. It works fine with Slacker when I'm on the default build.prop, but when I'm on the thunderbolt one it sometimes doesn't work at all and when it does it pauses Slacker and then pushes play on the default music player.

Another issue I have is that I skip and rewind by holding down the volume keys when the screen is locked. Works fine on stock, doesn't work fine on the thunderbolt build prop.

How I found this out is that yesterday, all day, all of this worked fine. Then early this morning I did the thunderbolt build prop and suddenly it all failed. Then I came home just now and put it back to stock and now everything works again.

Info potentially important: I'm running the latest 11/06 tickerguy CM7 rom and also for my lock screen I use the latest Widgetlocker. I don't know if that last bit is useful, but it does have settings to enable to skip/rewind feature.

Upvote 0
So, I found some issues with this build.prop. I use a wired headset with a button on it that pauses/plays my music. It works fine with Slacker when I'm on the default build.prop, but when I'm on the thunderbolt one it sometimes doesn't work at all and when it does it pauses Slacker and then pushes play on the default music player.

Another issue I have is that I skip and rewind by holding down the volume keys when the screen is locked. Works fine on stock, doesn't work fine on the thunderbolt build prop.

How I found this out is that yesterday, all day, all of this worked fine. Then early this morning I did the thunderbolt build prop and suddenly it all failed. Then I came home just now and put it back to stock and now everything works again.

Info potentially important: I'm running the latest 11/06 tickerguy CM7 rom and also for my lock screen I use the latest Widgetlocker. I don't know if that last bit is useful, but it does have settings to enable to skip/rewind feature.

Yeah I cannot explain why but I know that it is due for an update. I'll get on that asap

Upvote 0
I'm running the latest cm7 and using B-randon's oc kernel..I just noticed after flashing thunderprop, it reverted my OS to 2.35, is this normal? Or does the thunderprop need to be updated?

It didn't revert anything, it's just what the build.prop (because it's out-of-date) sets for the version number. You could set 1203940956034... in the build.prop and that's what you would see.

It doesn't change the actual version of the software.

Upvote 0
anyway to make this usable for miui 11.25? I tried to flash the miui zip posted but it doesn't work

it doesn't work because it's not a flashable addon it's an extractable addon. extract the zip file and replace /system/build.prop with the file in the zip and then clear all market data and do a reboot. should work...

you will need something like Root Explorer (which i use) or ES File Explorer so you can mount the system as read/write, so you can paste the file into the /system folder.

also remember to make a backup of the original build.prop file before doing this just in case you need to revert back. do this by renaming the original build.prop file to build.prop2.

personally i would also do a nandroid backup because it is the easiest way to restore if anything does get messed up, even though you aren't flashing anything to do this... the build.prop file can still cause some problems.

Upvote 0
it doesn't work because it's not a flashable addon it's an extractable addon. extract the zip file and replace /system/build.prop with the file in the zip and then clear all market data and do a reboot. should work...

Actually that is incorrect, the Prop is made to be flashable to make life for everyone easier. It can however be extracted if you feel so inclined to do that extra work.

I will update the CM7 and MIUI props to their newest versions sometime today. I have things to do today but I promise the newest versions will be available today.

Upvote 0
Actually that is incorrect, the Prop is made to be flashable to make life for everyone easier. It can however be extracted if you feel so inclined to do that extra work.

I will update the CM7 and MIUI props to their newest versions sometime today. I have things to do today but I promise the newest versions will be available today.

Where you able to get around to update today? The OP still says last update 10/4/2011 Can't wait to get started Thanks JollyRoger87

Never mind I see the updates now Great work I'll give it a try

Upvote 0

will there be any difference for CM7? I'm on the final build and it works for me, not sure if there is something wrong that I haven't noticed but in the market it shows my phone as "HTC ADR6400L" which is the thunderbolt.

Upvote 0
will there be any difference for CM7? I'm on the final build and it works for me, not sure if there is something wrong that I haven't noticed but in the market it shows my phone as "HTC ADR6400L" which is the thunderbolt.

Yes I expect it should still work on older versions however if Isaac and Tickerguy made changes to the build.prop since that last version you won't have them now. I've learned that even things that "shouldn't" hurt the build.prop sometimes can make weird things happen so if they've done any optimization these versions should now reflect that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones