• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Uninstallable Preloaded Apps List

I just want to get rid of some of the pre installed apps that came with this phone I tried everything but they're still there. I had tried to busy box, busybox installer, I have also tried titanium backup, root checker, and super user. I have tried the apps together and I tried them separately. please help. thanks

You can only removed preloaded apps if you have rooted your device.. If you have root you can grab root uninstaller from the market.. root uninstaller will give you the option of removing the apps you wish to be gone.. but remember removing some system apps could cause undesired operation of your device hope this helps!!!
 
In addition to uninstalling most of the apps listed by others, I also uninstalled the stock Music app after downloading the "new" Google Music app. No ill affects whatsoever. \m/
 
I had accidently deleted the phone apk. From the system registry and it shutdown all signals incoming to the phone. So needless to say that is one apk not to delete...
 
I am new at rooting and i really messed things up. I deleated apps before i backed them up. Is there a complete list with working downloads for the Prevail?
 
Go to bloodawns ctmod thread and in the first post he has a stock apps zip. Use root explorer to put them in their correct location.(sysytem/app... Or... Data/app) reboot and its fixed
 
I safely uninstalled: "Launcher"

AFTER I installed "GO Launcher EX" (Link is in the noteworthy apps thread), which is a nicer launcher imho... very customizable.

Note that Launcher handles the "HOME" screen, so DO NOT uninstall it before installing a replacement (I'd imagine that doing so would yield a bricked phone).
 
After reviewing several websites an members links i found out how to boot up a restored phone using odin. It was even easier than rooting the thing in the first place. The advantage is that you can install a rooted image with froyo or gengerbread. Awesome.
 
I uninstalled Swype without any issues (so far). Never liked it. The phone just did a reboot after I finished uninstalling.
 
I didn't see these on the list, anyone successfully remove any of them? I have no need for them...as far as I know, internal storage on this phone is terrible, want to free up whatever I can,

Latitude
Places
Maps
Navigation
 
Using Titanium Backup I have uninstalled the following with no problems.

Twitdroyd
scvngr
poynt
youtube
email
hookt


The Gmail app took care of my email and looks/works better than the stock one.

I am having a problem uninstalling Think Office. It says it is uninstalling but still exists. It is almost 9MB.
 
I dont know if this is possible, but anybody remove the google apps places, and latitude?

I removed it all on accident leaving only telenav on my phone and everything is working fine and that happened 3 days ago, well thats when i noticed it was all gone. (When I say all I mean Google maps, layers, places, navagate, and i think i might of missed one more that was tied into that)
 
I didn't see these on the list, anyone successfully remove any of them? I have no need for them...as far as I know, internal storage on this phone is terrible, want to free up whatever I can,

Latitude
Places
Maps
Navigation

What about the gps? That wasnt affected? Cool
 
On my phone Maps is 10.9MB and TeleNav GPS is 4.89MB. I would like to remove maps and just use TeleNav. Is that okay or does TeleNav need Maps?
 
Me again :D. I had to reimage my phone yesterday. Some of my apps on this reinstall are much larger than they were previously. For example ThinkFree Office is now 15.6MB. That is huge! Is there a way I can reduce that or do I just have to uninstall it if I don't want something that large? Is ThinkFree Office necessary to have if you access or modify Google Docs?
 
Back
Top Bottom