• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unlimited Tethering for ZTE Zmax Pro MetroPCS/T-Mobile

Just changing the ttl is all you need. There is no need for foxfi. All I do is turn on the hotspot using the toggle in the quicksettings then change the ttl from 64 to 65 on whatever device I connect to the hotspot and I don't get throttled at all. You might also need a user agent switcher for windows. I'm not sure about windows because I only use Manjaro Linux and Android.
Its interesting. Was working for me just with the TTL change and native hotspot until a couple of days ago (Win 10 with Tmobile on unlocked Metro Phone). Then it stopped cold. I almost gave up but then remembered people mention foxfi and just tried it out. The combo is working for me.

Upvote 0
On the ZTE zMax Pro on Metro I can confirm PDAnet+ (FoxFi) is not working. It keeps saying to connect the phone via USB and turn on USB tethering. The stock USB tether works and I'm trying the registry mod. I'll update after I measure my data usage.

Edit: Update.... after adding the registry value it still seems to track the same amount of usage whether I tether over USB or Wi-Fi.

Not sure what your TTL is but it has to be Hex set to 65. That would make values 0000101. Works for me on WIFI. You'll need to reboot after doing the change in registry also.

USB Tethering doesn't work through Foxfi, it doesn't recognize the USB in which zmax pro has compared to say a note 4 usb. Mine is over 40GB while tethering is 503MB

Reactions: NeoZiggy
Upvote 0
windows 10/ hex set to 65 not working??? hex 41 for a value of 65 not working???? everything with this p.o.s phone is a pain......any thoughts/help greatly appr. tried foxfi ...native clockwork......nothing at a wall everything tracking data...

You can try any TTL up to 128 I believe. I'm in the 100s right now and it's not tracking. Just have to change/test things out.

Reactions: NeoZiggy
Upvote 0
@amartinez6444 not sure what you have in your APN. You may even have to create new manually as I had one.
But the field where APN goes would been in APN Type - "default,supl,mms,dun"

I also changed my APN Protocol to ipv4 versus it was ipv6/ipv4. I can't see changes until I'm home tonight.
I've done 80GB over wifi using foxfi. Sometimes speeds are better then other times.
How do i change my apn

Upvote 0
You mean the APN Settings?
May not be in the same order as taken.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161219-142117.png
    Screenshot_20161219-142117.png
    88.6 KB · Views: 518
  • Screenshot_20161219-142126.png
    Screenshot_20161219-142126.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 379
  • Screenshot_20161219-142134.png
    Screenshot_20161219-142134.png
    99.6 KB · Views: 360
Upvote 0
Does PS4 still have an ethernet port? What you'd have to do is connect the phone to the computer and then use internet connection sharing on your PC to share to the ethernet port and connect that via Ethernet cable to PS4. There's videos on that. You open your network connection settings and then there's a sharing tab.... search Google for it. I can't explain it all on here.

Thank you for the help, My other question is tho will wireless work or only lan? because right now I setup a mobile hotspot on my windows 10 pc and it I can connect but the speeds are still slow....... but my pc is still fast.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the help, My other question is tho will wireless work or only lan? because right now I setup a mobile hotspot on my windows 10 pc and it I can connect but the speeds are still slow....... but my pc is still fast.

Okay.......I tested the lan option and still the same results.... I only get 100 kbs instead of the speeds I exceed on my pc......

Upvote 0
Disable the QoS packet scheduler on all the network devices you're using... the one where your internet's coming from and the one that you're using to share internet on.

Still having issues here I got my ethernet cord going right to my computer too my ps4 that's working as far as connection goes. Now I disabled the QoS Packet Scheduler on both network devices I still continue too only get 100kbs per second on my pc I get at least 3 MB per second sometimes higher depending on how many people are are using the cell towers. How do I go from having 3 MB or higher on my PC too having 100 kbs on my ps4....I can't even stream with that kinda amount of data I have google dns setup on the ps4. So I should be having at least 1MB or a little more.

Upvote 0
Still having issues here I got my ethernet cord going right to my computer too my ps4 that's working as far as connection goes. Now I disabled the QoS Packet Scheduler on both network devices I still continue too only get 100kbs per second on my pc I get at least 3 MB per second sometimes higher depending on how many people are are using the cell towers. How do I go from having 3 MB or higher on my PC too having 100 kbs on my ps4....I can't even stream with that kinda amount of data I have google dns setup on the ps4. So I should be having at least 1MB or a little more.

I know you can't change the TTL on a Console but I feel like there has too be a way around it using a pc and some sorta data redirecting software maybe?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones