• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unofficial Incredible Wallpaper Thread

Can somebody resize this, thanks in advance

Attachments

• without you im just me.jpg
    without you im just me.jpg
    227.9 KB · Views: 149
Here are 3 of mine. I got them from Vladstudio. He makes some of the coolest wallpapers for all kinds of resolutions- including smartphones.

Attachments

• vladstudio_bug_960x800.jpg
    vladstudio_bug_960x800.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 154
  • vladstudio_puzzles_960x800.jpg
    vladstudio_puzzles_960x800.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 129
  • vladstudio_save_the_planet_960x800.jpg
    vladstudio_save_the_planet_960x800.jpg
    262 KB · Views: 138
Alright, I wanna add the one I'm using. I think the best looking wallpapers for this phone (and my own personal style) are Black and Red. So I messed with a picture in photoshop to do that.

For some odd reason it came out as 960X801. Dunno why, but it looks fine when used as a wallpaper. I think it looks good on the phone.

Anyone else got some grungy looking red and black wallpapers?

Attachments

• 3206070280_561bd5a702_zcolorchangeresize2.jpg
    3206070280_561bd5a702_zcolorchangeresize2.jpg
    389.8 KB · Views: 201
Love this wallpaper!

What is the best way to make this a wallpaper? I emailed to myself and saved but it wants to crop it on the phone. This was made for the Dinc right? Any help would be appreciated. I'm fairly new to android still. Only had my phone for 3 weeks.

Thanks.
DJ

Most of the pictures in this thread are already in the correct resolution. You can expand the size of the box to crop it - make it as big as you can. The way the Incredible wallpapers work is it shows a portion of the wallpaper, and as you go to your home screens ot the right, you see more of the right side of the picture. You won't see the entire wallpaper behind each screen like on the iPhone.

can someone please help me make these 3 pics to fit on my incredible. please i would greatly appreciate it... if someone can then can you send it to me at eddiekim22@gmail.com . thank you

Attachments

• 2010-08-16_09;57;03.JPG
    2010-08-16_09;57;03.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 141
  • asdfasdfasdf.jpg
    asdfasdfasdf.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 113
  • asfasdf.jpg
    asfasdf.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 105
can someone please make these 2 pictures for me to fit my phone... and send it to me by email eddiekim22@gmail.com cant seem to make it for some reason

you can resize them yourself simply using paint.

But be warned... they are way too small to be made into wallpaper. If you try to increase the size they will just come out very fuzzy and pixelated.

Not every picture can be made into a wallpaper :( See?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/Xandralia/Droid/asdfasdfasdf.jpg

Ok. Theres too many Colts and Steelers fans on here. We need some Tennessee Titans to balance this out! :D Could somebody resize please? A couple are too big to post. Here are the links:

Link 1

Link 2

Thank you to anyone who is willing to help!!

Attachments

• Resize 2.jpg
    Resize 2.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 116
  • Resize 3.jpg
    Resize 3.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Resize 4.jpg
    Resize 4.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 106
  • Resize 6.jpg
    Resize 6.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 96
you can resize them yourself simply using paint.

But be warned... they are way too small to be made into wallpaper. If you try to increase the size they will just come out very fuzzy and pixelated.

Not every picture can be made into a wallpaper :( See?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a270/Xandralia/Droid/asdfasdfasdf.jpg

how do u do it in paint? i have photoshop as well but if you can kindly teach me how to do it on paint i would be really greatful... and what is the size to make it perfectly fit

how do u do it in paint? i have photoshop as well but if you can kindly teach me how to do it on paint i would be really greatful... and what is the size to make it perfectly fit

To be honest, I have no idea how to do it in paint, I haven't used Paint in years. I use Photoshop for everything. I only mentioned Paint because it's a program that everyone should have access to and it's easy to understand for simple tasks like resizing.

If you have photoshop, do it there. Open your image in photoshop. Click on "Image" and then "Image Size". That is where you adjust the size.

The correct size for the wallpaper is 960x800.

Photoshop defaults to maintaining the aspect ratio. If you try to change a picture with a different aspect ratio, you will stretch and distort the image (either vertically or horzontally, depending on the size). So the best thing to do is change the image to either the 960 width or the 800 height and then overlaying it on a preset 960x800 image. You'll have a border, but at least it will be the proper size and look okay.

In general, you shouldn't increase picture size. If you must, don't do it by more than 50 (100 max if it's a high res) pixals. If your current picture isn't big enough just google to find a larger one (or if they are personal pictures try to take another that is bigger.)

what is the best way to crop out a 960x800 res chunk from a 1280x1024 wallpaper? i know it comes out nicely on my phone but how can i do that on my computer?

what is the best way to crop out a 960x800 res chunk from a 1280x1024 wallpaper? i know it comes out nicely on my phone but how can i do that on my computer?

Ahh, Digital Blasphemy! I love that site!! ALL of my PC wallpapers come from there.

If you pay for the membership ($25 a year I think) you can access all of their photo's AND the section where you can pick the size you want.

Each of their pictures are done in about 30 different sizes. You can even download their entire collection for a set size in one zip folder (I have the files for 1920x1200 for my PC, 960x800 for my Incredible and the 480x800 for the Incredible lockscreen).

Back
Top Bottom