• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update coming, but not 2.2

Bump

Waiting on someones reply before I go ahead and install, so ready to install it hurts!!! Don't want to brick my phone or lose my apps though.

Opinions on questions 3 & 4 above while being "stock". Thanks!!!

Bump

Waiting on someones reply before I go ahead and install, so ready to install it hurts!!! Don't want to brick my phone or lose my apps though.

Opinions on questions 3 & 4 above while being "stock". Thanks!!!

Why dont you go to XDA and ask? They would know better.

Ok, didn't know it was a real hard question to answer for people in the know. Will make my way over and find out though, thanks buddy!!

Ill believe it when i see it because i have no faith this will happen.

many of us been running the leaked version of this for awhile...and gps is completely and amazingly fixed :)

Guys you'll probably hate me before this is over but I just need to verify a few things

1. What kernel do you suggest?
2. What folder should I stick .APK files in that I want to add(like the google search and news pack off the Rooting for Noob thread, SetCPU, etc)
3. Will "Freezing" my Apps keep them during a ROM/Kernel flash? Just go back in and "Defrost" them? Kind of scared I'm going to lose all my new paid for apps I just purchased.
4. Do I need to do the ROM first or the Kernel first?

Just looking for simple answers, this stuff isn't hard at all as long as you can follow directions.

Thank you all.

-Edit-
Going Voodoo 5 as soon as I get it from IRC. Someone please give me some tips on those other questions above please, don't want to lose my new apps!!!!

unless you are familiar with voodoo...id avoid it until you read up on it a little more :)

Why dont you go to XDA and ask? They would know better.

the xda forums for the fascinate are pretty ridiculous and mostly just flame wars....in fact id say the majority of posters in the fascinate section are complete morons bashing others, demanding kernels and roms and give ridiculously bad advice.

the real experts for the phones (all 5 or so of them) release and hang out in irc mostly now.

while xda is the go to place for most phones...it really isnt for this one

If you suggest to avoid Voodoo what kernel should I use then? The one that's "Non Voodoo" that I got from IRC?

I want my darn phone rooted and flashed but I can't seem to get a straight answer on what to do. :( Suggest me the easiest kernel to use with this ROM, I want something that'll support each other without fighting each other till my phone bricks.

Lol!

If you suggest to avoid Voodoo what kernel should I use then? The one that's "Non Voodoo" that I got from IRC?

I want my darn phone rooted and flashed but I can't seem to get a straight answer on what to do. :( Suggest me the easiest kernel to use with this ROM, I want something that'll support each other without fighting each other till my phone bricks.

Lol!

i would get your feet wet with the 11/29 nonvoodoo, and run that with either jts 0.6 or 0.7 super clean dj05 rom. you may find the phone runs just fine for you like that for awhile :)

voodoo is less messy than it used to be, but generally its not the best idea for that to be something you dive into right away...its thrown (well the old version mainly) a lot of us for a loop previously when disabling/uninstalling

Got the ROM installed with no issues, doing the NoVoodoo kernel now. Booted into recovery and selected "Install zip from SD Card" and hit the "Home" button to select it and now I'm getting a black screen with the lower buttons lit up. How long should I wait this out?

Is the "Home" button not the button you hit to select things in Recovery?

-Edit-
Looks like it's the "Go Back" button that selects things now. I know I read that somewhere just forgot, everything is working fine.

Thanks for the help guys!!!!

Got the ROM installed with no issues, doing the NoVoodoo kernel now. Booted into recovery and selected "Install zip from SD Card" and hit the "Home" button to select it and now I'm getting a black screen with the lower buttons lit up. How long should I wait this out?

Is the "Home" button not the button you hit to select things in Recovery?

-Edit-
Looks like it's the "Go Back" button that selects things now. I know I read that somewhere just forgot, everything is working fine.

Thanks for the help guys!!!!

yeah we use teh power key in regular cwr to select...but glad you got it all figured out :)

One more thing, are all the DJ05 "Clean" ROM's Deodexed? I'm wanting to install a theme but want to be sure I'm OK before installing it.

Also, do themes install through CWM or Odin?

One more thing, are all the DJ05 "Clean" ROM's Deodexed? I'm wanting to install a theme but want to be sure I'm OK before installing it.

Also, do themes install through CWM or Odin?

all of jts roms are deodexed for themes..yes

install themes through clockwork recovery :)

the xda forums for the fascinate are pretty ridiculous and mostly just flame wars....in fact id say the majority of posters in the fascinate section are complete morons bashing others, demanding kernels and roms and give ridiculously bad advice.

the real experts for the phones (all 5 or so of them) release and hang out in irc mostly now.

while xda is the go to place for most phones...it really isnt for this one

Why aren't they coming here? Do we have bad breath? You can let them know I won't bite anyone. :D

Seriously though, I do understand some of the reasons they stay in IRC, but I would like to encourage them all to come here.

Why aren't they coming here? Do we have bad breath? You can let them know I won't bite anyone. :D

Seriously though, I do understand some of the reasons they stay in IRC, but I would like to encourage them all to come here.

I dunno if you wouldnt bite from the look of the pic haha ;)

yeah most of them barely post at all anywhere even xda these days :o

i think mostly the few of them are incredibly busy

What's the new.red cwr?
nitsuj17's pic
IMAG0009.jpg

any post 11/24 voodoo5 kernel has this, it will self install when you flash the kernel

I have cwr installed and use it to load stuff, but I can't EVER get it to boot in CWR mode from being off/battery pull. What am I doing wrong?

Back
Top Bottom