• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update coming, but not 2.2

So this may sound like a dumb ? But there wouldn't be a way for the devs to incorporate the dj05 radio into froyo if it didn't happen. I mean I know not right away but would it be possible at all? :confused:

totally impossible? probably not....realistically impossible...probably

i dont see why verizon wouldnt incorporate a fix like that at some point though ;)

I had thought that the final testing date for rm ota was nov. 29th. Not that us rooters have much concern, but for the thousands that suffer the issues that are inherent in D101 it sure can't be helping sammy or vzw's cause very much.
I still don't understand how a multi-billion corp. can be outdone by a handful of devs. Just goes to show you how fortunate we are to have these extremely talented devs doing their thing. I must say that if not for their work, I can pretty much say that I would no longer be a SF owner. I understand the day you purchase you phone its already obsolete, but sammy and vzw have taken that to a whole new level. JMO

I had thought that the final testing date for rm ota was nov. 29th. Not that us rooters have much concern, but for the thousands that suffer the issues that are inherent in D101 it sure can't be helping sammy or vzw's cause very much.
I still don't understand how a multi-billion corp. can be outdone by a handful of devs. Just goes to show you how fortunate we are to have these extremely talented devs doing their thing. I must say that if not for their work, I can pretty much say that I would no longer be a SF owner. I understand the day you purchase you phone its already obsolete, but sammy and vzw have taken that to a whole new level. JMO

well supposedly testing was scheduled to end on 11/29...doesnt mean it was gonna come out right away...if at all.

i mean again i agree u shouldnt have to root to fix simple things in your phone...but its out there for those that cant live w/o gps

and who knows...vzw may just roll it up into the mythical froyo release at some point...until an ota starts, its a mystery really

I'm not feverishly interested in Froyo for my Fascinate, so I merely check at Fascinate General - xda-developers every few days, along with in here, to see if a dev has uncorked a 2.2 ROM for this device.

None yet, unless they're being talked about and linked on irc or somewhere.

Correct, and i havent checked since i dont have a Fasinate but isnt there any ROM's out there for it? Im sure there is.

I'm not feverishly interested in Froyo for my Fascinate, so I merely check at Fascinate General - xda-developers every few days, along with in here, to see if a dev has uncorked a 2.2 ROM for this device.

None yet, unless they're being talked about and linked on irc or somewhere.

yup no 2.2 to speak of....some guy who works for samsung and pops in occasionally did show screenies of it...but we have no leak

yup no 2.2 to speak of....some guy who works for samsung and pops in occasionally did show screenies of it...but we have no leak

And I'm certain we'll see more than one thread announcing it's arrival when the first leak is out there somewhere, anywhere. ;)

Not to mention the official release.

Just wanted to comment after a few days of using this, boys I love my phone again. This is the best thing that you can do for the Fascinate(especially ones that never rooted their phone to begin with).

Everything works 100x better than stock, so no complaints/regrets here.

Thanks again for all the help, about to do this to my third Fascinate(my gf's) in a day or two.

I mean custom ROMS of 2.2 like im running. I am running Axura 2.1 which is a custom ROM of Froyo and there are some others. Isnt there something like this for Fascinate?

I would think some of those will work on the Fascinate.

I mean custom ROMS of 2.2 like im running. I am running Axura 2.1 which is a custom ROM of Froyo and there are some others. Isnt there something like this for Fascinate?

I would think some of those will work on the Fascinate.

no, i mean we have nothing 2.2 related AT ALL...since the fascinate came out much later and 2,2 wasnt even sent to verizon for bloating and releasing purposes until fairly recently (if they actually have at all) we havent had any form of leak at all for it to build from.

we have the dj05 leak that this thread is focused on, which i believe is similar to what most us sgs phones got at some point before froyo.

cdma phones like us and the epic cant really take advantage of other sgs leaks and roms the way you guys can unfortunately because of the crappy job samsung did with the radios. apparently we are using android 1.5 ril on our 2.1 phones :mad:

this makes both aosp much tougher to build and well really anything

To get back to the OP (MR update, not 2.2):

"I'm told that the current testing on this is set to end on 11/29 so this could possibly be out at the beginning of December."

We are now in that range. ;)

Anyone have an alternative way of loading modem.tar besides ODIN? I am using a Mac and can't passthrough the USB reliably using VMware Fusion.

Back
Top Bottom