• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Update coming, but not 2.2

You don't need to plug in usb to go into cwr if you have battery pulled and usb plugged in you are going into download mode..

I was about to correct myself and state that is only to go into d/l mode for Odin. For recovery, power off phone, power back on while holding both volume keys.
Trying to return all the help you guys have provided me :)

I was about to correct myself and state that is only to go into d/l mode for Odin. For recovery, power off phone, power back on while holding both volume keys.
Trying to return all the help you guys have provided me :)

And thank you for that we all gotta help each other here :D

Well.. all i get is the stock screen not CWR. How can I load a rom without CWR from my PC?
Assuming you have odin flashed the recovery tar, if you boot into stock blue recovery you need to scroll down one line and select update.zip thats the entry into green cwm from cold boot. Otherwise from Rom Manager is should be direct assuming you have Flashed ClockworkMod Recovery from Rom Manager [obviously select Fascinate], then reboot into recovery should take you right to green cwm

Assuming you have odin flashed the recovery tar, if you boot into stock blue recovery you need to scroll down one line and select update.zip thats the entry into green cwm from cold boot. Otherwise from Rom Manager is should be direct assuming you have Flashed ClockworkMod Recovery from Rom Manager [obviously select Fascinate], then reboot into recovery should take you right to green cwm

Wow..you are good! I never had that issue as I use ROM manager to get into CWM but I was able to duplicate Sim's issue and get to CWM via your suggestion.

I have cwr installed and use it to load stuff, but I can't EVER get it to boot in CWR mode from being off/battery pull. What am I doing wrong?

if you have the original cwr installed and you battery pull and 3 button recovery.....it will flash to stock (blue) recovery....from there you have to click down once to apply update.zip and then it will take you into cwr :)

this is because original cwr wasnt a "full" recovery....when Koush built recovery for the cdma sgs phones it was easier to get around the half-assed lockdown bootloader by doing it that way....hes got a lot on his plate and that was probably the quickest way :)

remember there really werent a whole lot of devs working on the phone back then....now voodoo recovery is more "permanent"

Thanks, seems my update.zip file was missing. I used my wifes DINC to add the file back to my sdcard, than all was good. Not sure why but applying that circle battery theme after DJ05 was NOT a good thing...

I just wanted to say thanks for all the help, after Rooting/flashing/etc, even though I asked a lot of questions, I don't see how anyone could mess this up. It's really really simple and I've already done it to another buddies phone with no hiccups at all.

READ INSTRUCTIONS AND ASK QUESTIONS and you'll have no issues at all with all the knowledge/helpful people that post on this forum.

One more question:
On a Rooted/DJ05/NonVooDoo phone, do you power it off the same way? It seems like holding the power button down doesn't turn my phone off? Only tried it once but I figured I'd ask before I have to pull the battery.

I just wanted to say thanks for all the help, after Rooting/flashing/etc, even though I asked a lot of questions, I don't see how anyone could mess this up. It's really really simple and I've already done it to another buddies phone with no hiccups at all.

READ INSTRUCTIONS AND ASK QUESTIONS and you'll have no issues at all with all the knowledge/helpful people that post on this forum.

One more question:
On a Rooted/DJ05/NonVooDoo phone, do you power it off the same way? It seems like holding the power button down doesn't turn my phone off? Only tried it once but I figured I'd ask before I have to pull the battery.

if you hold the power button it should bring the option to turn off power...some themes (all SHOULD if the themers werent lazy) have reboot, recovery, download modes built in

the problem is if you flash a theme that has the reboot options in....then flash one that doesnt it screws with your system and kills the power button...best bet is to reflash a theme with built in reboot :o

if you hold the power button it should bring the option to turn off power...some themes (all SHOULD if the themers werent lazy) have reboot, recovery, download modes built in

the problem is if you flash a theme that has the reboot options in....then flash one that doesnt it screws with your system and kills the power button...best bet is to reflash a theme with built in reboot :o

Speaking of great themes.... Thanks a BUNCH for your Matted Blues v1.5 nitsuj17. It is AWESOME!

I'm going to make a thread about it then because mine doesn't work. Don't want to hijack this one anymore than I have.

Thanks!

even if they dont release it, id assume they d roll the gps fix into froyo or whatever and we just revert to DI01 radios if we have to to install froyo (which im sure will suck :o)

So this may sound like a dumb ? But there wouldn't be a way for the devs to incorporate the dj05 radio into froyo if it didn't happen. I mean I know not right away but would it be possible at all? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom